Marvel confirms: Ultimates 2 extended to 13 issues

E said:
#12 in June
#13 in September.

Pretty sure I saw something from Marvel that said #11 would "definitely" ship in April, too, and now we are looking at next-to-last week in May.

#12 in mid-July
#13 Sept/Oct

V3 #1 in November.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it...

As for the schedule, I say:

#12: late-September/mid-October
#13: early January

Will Hank Pym get to redeem himself?
Millar: Sadly, I think Hank Pym fans will want to open a vein.
me said:
My personal Pym theory:

He sees the Ultimates mounting an attack on the Liberators and decides he needs to finally do the right thing. He activates an overide of the Ultron robots and orders them to aid in the attack. They do some damage to the invading force and contribute to the win. After the battle is won, Cap comes up to Hank and tells him he won't kill him, but his betrayal can never be "washed clean." Cap leaves and we see hank take a gun and shoot himself. As he's dying, we see his Ultron robots standing over him...

This is meant to be an allusion to how the 616 Vision was originally created from the mind of Wonderman.
Now, I'm even more convinced.

Count your blessings if it ships in September. Remember, last year they didn't ship an issue in august because they shipped the annual.

to quote butt-head - 'this sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before' lol

was hoping to see the end of the ultimates 2 run b4 i hit 30, not the case now hahah :lol:

MaxwellSmart said:
Count your blessings if it ships in September. Remember, last year they didn't ship an issue in august because they shipped the annual.

True, but I find it hard to believe Hitch could be delayed that much. I mean for the most part, issue #11 is completed by now (due to it shipping next month...assuming there isn't another delay), and #12 must be at least half done, including any changes which needed to be made for the extra 13th issue. Hopefully it doesn't take him more than 4 months to finish #13.

*crosses fingers*

E said:

Another good point...but come on...what more does he have to draw? All of #13 and maybe some adjustments to #12 for the extra issue? At most an issue and a half, but due to the extended issues maybe thats two, two and a half issues...? You're right, September is a generous estimate for #13...I'm thinking July...2007.

MaxwellSmart said:

But Huston's annual is Cap and Falcon, roaming the county, taking a breather AFTER the close of V2, so the last issue of V2 has to ship before the annual can....

Rhyo said:
But Huston's annual is Cap and Falcon, roaming the county, taking a breather AFTER the close of V2, so the last issue of V2 has to ship before the annual can....

I think he's right. I bet that gets delayed too.

I'd forgotten the Annual was taking place after V2.

I remember when it was announced Ultimates V3 would start in the fall of '06 and we *****ed about the break between the two volumes and joked about how might not be a break with these delays...It's said when laughable pessimisme come to pass.

Since this thing is extending to being 13 issues + two annuals.. what are the chances of there being 3 TPBs released instead?

Ultimates 2 Vol 1 = #1-#6
Ultimates 2 Vol 2 = #7-#11
Ultimates 2 Vol 3 = #12-13 + Annuals 1 & 2

? It'd be such a pain opening that damn thing :lol:

Rlan said:
Since this thing is extending to being 13 issues + two annuals.. what are the chances of there being 3 TPBs released instead?

Dude....don't be such a n00b! :lol:

Hahaha...BUUURRRRRNNNNNN!!!!!

Interweb Vikings Hooooo!!!! :lol:

Just kidding man....welcome.

For an explanation on this inside sarcastic post click here. Start with post #26 and just follow from there. The whole thread is funny....but #26 is where it really picks up.

Rlan said:

Sure they could do that, but the story has no natural breaking point so it might feel a little weird no matter where they cut it.

And btw, Annual 1 should be before issue 7. So maybe more like Annual 1 + # 7-10 and issues 11-13 + Annual 2. I'll hate Marvel if they put the first annual in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Rlan said:

I suggested a while back that this may happen, although without Annual #2 and not breaking it up at #12. So yeah, I agree it could happen. I can't see them shoving all those issues into vol. 2 seeing as how many of them are oversized anyway.

Welcome to the site. :D

Latest posts

Back