Marvel Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing Order

There's actually more nuance to Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Aquaman was actually built as a sequel to the movie.
Iris West is the same actress in The Flash movie.
Patty Jenkins said the directors threw out the theatrical Justice League as much as the fans did.
Zack Snyder said that his film isn't canon, which is true in the sense of WB changing his film at the time to Justice League (2017). They're obviously going to consider the finished product canon at the time. WB haven't actually released an official statement on canon since Zack Snyder's Justice League's release.
Ezra Miller referred to both Justice League cuts in promoting The Flash.

I think there's more to argue there. Here, we don't have much of any information. I suppose we can take the rule of an alternate cut is a retcon to the universe unless contradicted by another piece of media.

Seeing as how this is the latest somewhat official version and isn't contradicted, you might assume that it "retcons" the original.

Last edited:
There's actually mode nuance to Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Aquaman was actually built as a sequel to the movie.
Iris West is the same actress in The Flash movie.
Patty Jenkins said the directors threw out the theatrical Justice League as much as the fans did.
Zack Snyder said that his film isn't canon, which is true in the sense of WB changing his film at the time. They're obviously going to consider the finished product canon. WB haven't actually released an official statement since it's release.
Ezra Miller referred to both Justice League cuts in promoting The Flash.

I think there's more to argue there. Here, we don't have much of any information. I suppose we can take the rule of an alternate cut is a retcon to the universe unless contradicted by another piece of media.

Seeing as how this is the latest somewhat official version and isn't contradicted, you might assume that it "retcons" the original.
Eh, I'm not going to argue ZSJL further, as I'm not a fan of the mans films for a number of reasons, I'm just going to say that I brought it up to suggest that if future cuts of films overwrite previous versions of films, then the same can be said for SM3 here. I wish Raimi had signed off on it, but at the end of the day that film had a lot of production problems and he probably doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

Reddit still in denial even when the Netflix shows are now moving to D+ lmao.

And if you speak out about it, you get downvoted. That's their way of justifying it - mob rule.
They think "new and continued series" doesn't mean it's a new series that continues the old one.

Ah yes, because why would Marvel want critically acclaimed series that set themselves in their universe to... be in their universe? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should add the X-Men Cinematic universe since Deadpool 3 is connected to the MCU.

Can't wait till Across the Spider-Verse connects to the MCU, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Supaidāman and those have to be added too, lol. Earth-67 is kinda a loop hole since it's not technically the 1967 show. Though, I guess you could argue Earth-6799 is Earth-67 in the Spider-Verse multiversal naming scheme (Peter B. Parker is Earth-616, Miles Morales is Earth-1610, etc.) in the same way Earth-199999 is Earth-616 in the MCU's naming scheme. Depends on if they confirmed it was the exact same reality.

Earth-67 is a clone reality of the 1967 series from the Spider-Verse comics. Also, I'd have to add the Gamerverse (Spider-Man: Remastered, Iron Man VR, Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Remastered, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine) since Peter Parker of Earth-1048 appears in the upcoming movie.

Assuming it connects to Earth-96283, Earth-120703 or Earth-199999, of course.

Can't wait till Across the Spider-Verse connects to the MCU, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Supaidāman and those have to be added too, lol. Earth-67 is kinda a loop hole since it's not technically the 1967 show. Though, I guess you could argue Earth-6799 is Earth-67 in the Spider-Verse multiversal naming scheme (Peter B. Parker is Earth-616, Miles Morales is Earth-1610, etc.) in the same way Earth-199999 is Earth-616 in the MCU's naming scheme. Depends on if they confirmed it was the exact same reality.

Earth-67 is a clone reality of the 1967 series from the Spider-Verse comics. Also, I'd have to add the Gamerverse (Spider-Man: Remastered, Iron Man VR, Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Remastered, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine) since Peter Parker of Earth-1048 appears in the upcoming movie.

Assuming it connects to Earth-96283, Earth-120703 or Earth-199999, of course.
Tecnically Is already connected via Venom.

Quick question:
Now that the FoX-Men Universe is canon to the MCU's Multiverse, should Legion and The Gifted be added too? If I'm not mistaken, it was officialy stated that The Gifted is in the FoX-Men Multiverse. Not sure if there was a similiar statement about Legion though

Or is it similiar to Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and the Raimiverse, a seemingly divergent Timeline that has no further links and thus is not relevant for the Multiverse watch order

Or is it similiar to Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and the Raimiverse, a seemingly divergent Timeline that has no further links and thus is not relevant for the Multiverse watch order
I would say it should be added, because it was atated by the devs/producers. Same thing with Joker Movie and DC, no connection, but official statements

I would say it should be added, because it was atated by the devs/producers. Same thing with Joker Movie and DC, no connection, but official statemen

Except for Earth-67/Earth-6799, that is completely missing
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think it's not listed here because Earth-67 (not Earth-6799, which is the TV Show) was only featured in Into the Spider-Verse and the Spider-Verse Event from the Comics. The Comics are regarded as a different Multiverse, so they are not included in here.
I would say it should be added, because it was atated by the devs/producers. Same thing with Joker Movie and DC, no connection, but official statemen
Well, I think that's a bit different. With Joker, there was a clear statement. The producers/showrunners and co of The Gifted and, even more so of Legion, gave only vague statements, so I'll go with the others and say it's a divergent timeline, yes, but has no further connection, and thus is not important for the Multiverse Viewing Order.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think it's not listed here because Earth-67 (not Earth-6799, which is the TV Show) was only featured in Into the Spider-Verse and the Spider-Verse Event from the Comics. The Comics are regarded as a different Multiverse, so they are not included in here.

Well, I think that's a bit different. With Joker, there was a clear statement. The producers/showrunners and co of The Gifted and, even more so of Legion, gave only vague statements, so I'll go with the others and say it's a divergent timeline, yes, but has no further connection, and thus is not important for the Multiverse Viewing Order.
Nah, Earth-67 and Earth-6799 are the same Earth as stated by some officials. And I think The Gifted and Legion are 100% canon to this Multiverse, those Statement were cleare and as I said same thing as Joker and The Batman, no further connection than Statements

Latest posts

Back