Marvel Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing Order

Dan Slott said otherwise
Dan Slott is wrong. By that logic, Earth-3015 is also Earth-6799. I do not believe Earth-67, Earth-3015 and Earth-6799 are all the same reality.
Screenshot_20231022_014445_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231022_020025_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231022_014456_Chrome.jpg

In case you doubt the Marvel Appendix for some reason, here are some published guidebooks where the Earths are specified.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Vol 2
Screenshot_20231022_023328_Chrome.jpg

Secret Wars: Official Guide to the Marvel Multiverse
Screenshot_20231022_022758_Chrome.jpg

Also, note that Earth-6799's first official appearance is noted as "Spider-Man cartoon episode 1: Sub-Zero for Spidey (September 9, 1967)" in the Marvel Appendix? That's because Rocket Robin Hood is non-canon.

Dan Slott is wrong. By that logic, Earth-3015 is also Earth-6799. I do not believe Earth-67, Earth-3015 and Earth-6799 are all the same reality.
View attachment 1335
View attachment 1338
View attachment 1337

In case you doubt the Marvel Appendix for some reason, here are some published guidebooks where the Earths are specified.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Vol 2
View attachment 1339

Secret Wars: Official Guide to the Marvel Multiverse
View attachment 1340

Also, note that Earth-6799's first official appearance is noted as "Spider-Man cartoon episode 1: Sub-Zero for Spidey (September 9, 1967)" in the Marvel Appendix? That's because Rocket Robin Hood is non-canon.
See your point, but Dan Slott wrote the Spider-Verse Issues with Earth-67, so he clearly intended it to be one and the same as Earth-6799, and also I don't believe that Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse meant to feature an alternate version of Earth-6799 rather than just using the retconned reality number Earth-67

Dan Slott thinks that the killed off the 1994 Spider-Man but he actually killed the Spider-Man Unlimited version... but he didn't, he actually killed another variant of that character.
The showrunner for Spider-Man confirmed that Spider-Man Unlimited isn't canon, and that show has nothing to do with the former apart from a small musical cue in the first episode.

So, Dan Slott is just shit with Earth numbers and continuity with no respect for the established facts presented by Marvel that every other book abides by. Ignore him, respect the guidebooks, every other comic and the Marvel Appendix.

Last edited:
Considering that X-Men '92 specifically referenced Earth-92131 as its reality, it's clear that Dan Slott's opinions are irrelevant there too, even if the example was retconed into Earth-15730. Difference here is that it has nothing to do with ignoring numbers but actually to do with allowing creative freedom for X-Men '97.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse was really good with it's Earth designations apart from Earth-688, and it's not really a huge deal since Earth-67 is a variant reality.

Last edited:
Dan Slott thinks that the killed off the 1994 Spider-Man but he actually killed the Spider-Man Unlimited version... but he didn't, he actually killed another variant of that character.
The showrunner for Spider-Man confirmed that Spider-Man Unlimited isn't canon, and that show has nothing to do with the former apart from a small musical cue in the first episode.

So, Dan Slott is just shit with Earth numbers and continuity with no respect for the established facts presented by Marvel that every other book abides by. Ignore him, respect the guidebooks, every other comic and the Marvel Appendix.
Yeah, I honestly don't trust a word from Slott. He acts all high and mighty about stuff like this on Twitter, especially his assertion that "handbooks and wiki designations don't count" (this was back in 2014, when the original Spider-Verse comic was being worked on). Pardon my French here, but what an ass.

lol just wanted to say that spider-man 2 starts on or around October 15th, 2020, because of a mortgage late notice next to the calendar in may's house, where the date '15th oct' is circled and has mortgage written on it.

I can give you a rough outline for the insomniac stuff although I'm only including the on-screen media so no comics or novels.

Earth 1024:

Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered) (3rd Oct - late Oct/Early Nov 2018)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered) Mid-Credits Scene (January 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered) Post-Credits Scene (January 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter One: The Heist (February 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter One: The Heist Post-Credits Scene (February 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter Two: Turf Wars (February 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter Two: Turf Wars Post-Credits Scene (February 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter Three: Silver Lining (February 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered): The City that Never Sleeps - Chapter Three: Silver Lining Post-Credits Scene (February 2019)
Marvel's Iron Man VR (June/July 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Late December 2019)
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Mid-Credits Scene (January 2020)
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Post-Credits Scene (January 2020)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (15th - Late Oct 2020)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Mid-Credits Scene (Late Oct/Early Nov 2020)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Post-Credits Scene (Late Oct/Early Nov 2020)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse (Sometime after Marvel's Spider-Man 2/Possible Variant Timeline - March 2020)

Considering Across the Spider-Verse specifies Earth-1048, I don't think it's a variant timeline.

I love that both the Spider-Geddon comics and the Spider-Verse movies connect to this Spider-Man though, because it means no one can really claim that the MCU stuff is a separate multiverse. I mean, they never technically could, but this makes it much harder.

Going beyond the obvious reasons, both are acknowledged as canon based on statements and tie-in material, like the Spider-Man 2 prequel comic referencing Spider-Geddon and the Spider-Verse side mission in Spider-Man 2.

Considering Across the Spider-Verse specifies Earth-1048, I don't think it's a variant timeline.

I love that both the Spider-Geddon comics and the Spider-Verse movies connect to this Spider-Man though, because it means no one can really claim that the MCU stuff is a separate multiverse. I mean, they never technically could, but this makes it much harder.

Going beyond the obvious reasons, both are acknowledged as canon based on statements and tie-in material, like the Spider-Man 2 prequel comic referencing Spider-Geddon and the Spider-Verse side mission in Spider-Man 2.
My only concern is the fact that Peter
is taking a break from being spider-man to be with MJ More. Is it a break until Spider-man 3 comes out or is he actually retiring for Miles to get a second standalone game. If he retires and doesn't recognize Miguel's name, then it has to be a variant timeline for across the spider verse because the dates for both projects don't line up.

2018 - Spider-Man: Hostle Takeover
2018 - Spider-Man: Remastered
2018 - Spider-Man: City at War #1-6
2019 - Spider-Man: Velocity #1-5
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Heist
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Turf Wars
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Sliver Lining
2019 - Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes #1-5
2019 - Spider-Geddon #0-5 [Earth-Various]
2019 - Iron Man VR
2019 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Wings of Fury
2019 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales
2020 - Spider-Man Unlimited: Infinity Comics #1-8 [Earth-616]
2020 - Spider-Man 2 #1
2020 - Spider-Man 2
202? - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse [Earth-Various]
2025 - Wolverine

That about right?

Last edited:
2018 - Spider-Man: Hostle Takeover
2018 - Spider-Man: Remastered
2018 - Spider-Man: City at War #1-6
2019 - Spider-Man: Velocity #1-5
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Heist
2019 - Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes #1-5
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Turf Wars
2019 - Spider-Man: Remastered The City That Never Sleeps: Sliver Lining
2019 - Spider-Geddon #0-5 [Earth-Various]
2019 - Iron Man VR
2019 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Wings of Fury
2019 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales
2020 - Spider-Man Unlimited: Infinity Comics #1-8 [Earth-616]
2020 - Spider-Man 2 #1
2020 - Spider-Man 2
202? - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse [Earth-Various]
2025 - Wolverine

That about right?
The black cat strikes back Is an adaptation of the complete DLC, so It should be set After episode 3 of the city that never sleep.

Guys. about the IGU (Insomniac Gaming Universe) or the MGU (Marvel Gaming Universe) or the Gamerverse [you choose one], there are the Marvel's Avengers Prequel Comics that are labelled as Gamerverse like the Marvel's Spider-Man comics, so since in Marvel's Spider-Man Pete references that the Avengers are building a new base on the West Cost, and the fact that square enix confirmed that the Marvel's Avengers game ISN'T set on Earth-1048 and the fact that the Iron Man design from the Vr game is really similar to his game countepart, what we should do? We should just have them set only in the universe as Marvel's Avengers and it's prequel novel? Or having the comics be canon in both universes and having the A-Day be a disaster in the Marvel's Avengers Timeline, and be a success in the IGU/MGU/Gamerverse timeline? [in either cases Takmaster's victory over the Avengers can't happen during the events of Marvel's Spider-Man, cos he should return to Ney York afterworlds, and for me seems very unlikely, so that fight has to be way before].

Latest posts

Back