Marvel MMPORPG.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I looked over this board and was surpried no one has any ideas or comments about the Marvel MMPORPG thats been anounced for Xbox 360

I personaly can not wait it will kick ***
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I'm not buying an X-Box 360 for this. I'd like to see how it runs, hopefully something like the one featured in Runaways. I'd like to see a way around having all the 'good' characters already taken, like maybe seperate groups of people playing in different games?

I don't know.
 

Hawkeye101

Well-Known Member
sjmole said:
I looked over this board and was surpried no one has any ideas or comments about the Marvel MMPORPG thats been anounced for Xbox 360

I personaly can not wait it will kick ***

Where was this announcement? TELL ME!!!!!!!!
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This announcement is months old. It's coming out in 2007, and its the main reason why I'll get a XBOX 360.

There is a thread for it, so I'll mergre later when Im not lazy to look for.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
ProjectX2 said:
I'm not buying an X-Box 360 for this. I'd like to see how it runs, hopefully something like the one featured in Runaways. I'd like to see a way around having all the 'good' characters already taken, like maybe seperate groups of people playing in different games?

I don't know.
Given that one of the biggest problems in MMORPGs is the anarchy the gameplay invites, I think there's a perfect solution around this:

Have multiple players controlling each hero. For example, Bass could control Spider-Man's left thigh, while E will take Spider-Man's right arm, and compound will take the neck. This way, players are encouraged to 'role-play' and 'cooperate', creating a uniquely immersive experience.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
ourchair said:
Given that one of the biggest problems in MMORPGs is the anarchy the gameplay invites, I think there's a perfect solution around this:

Have multiple players controlling each hero. For example, Bass could control Spider-Man's left thigh, while E will take Spider-Man's right arm, and compound will take the neck. This way, players are encouraged to 'role-play' and 'cooperate', creating a uniquely immersive experience.

Or not.
 

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I know its months old news. I was just surprised it was not a topic on here.
I will be buying this game for sure.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
sjmole said:
I know its months old news. I was just surprised it was not a topic on here.
I will be buying this game for sure.
icemastertron said:
There is a thread for it, so I'll mergre later when Im not lazy to look for.
There is, apparently, somewhere.
 

compound

Well-Known Member
ProjectX2 said:
I'd like to see a way around having all the 'good' characters already taken, like maybe seperate groups of people playing in different games?
On the other hand, players who are just dying to reenact the Clone Saga no doubt have much to look forward to... :wink:

Believe me, this will end up becoming like the Halloween party from the upcoming X-Men/Power Pack cross-over:

x-men-and-power-pack-20050928085003939.jpg
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
compound said:
On the other hand, players who are just dying to reenact the Clone Saga no doubt have much to look forward to... :wink:

Believe me, this will end up becoming like the Halloween party from the upcoming X-Men/Power Pack cross-over:

x-men-and-power-pack-20050928085003939.jpg
Off-topic, but can someone redirect me to that Toyfare-style comic made of Kubricks in which Hulk, Spidey and other Marvel heroes go to Tony Stark's costume party and everyone goes dressed up as Wolverine. I'm sure compound would like to see it too.
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
ourchair said:
Off-topic, but can someone redirect me to that Toyfare-style comic made of Kubricks in which Hulk, Spidey and other Marvel heroes go to Tony Stark's costume party and everyone goes dressed up as Wolverine. I'm sure compound would like to see it too.

Minimate madness

Love that site, classic stuff.
 

Synch

Well-Known Member
Yea it sounds like it might be cool but there won't really be any good games on 360 until 2006 so i'm gonna wait it out.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
ourchair said:
Off-topic, but can someone redirect me to that Toyfare-style comic made of Kubricks in which Hulk, Spidey and other Marvel heroes go to Tony Stark's costume party and everyone goes dressed up as Wolverine. I'm sure compound would like to see it too.

71.jpg
 

cmdrjanjalani

Well-Known Member
I don't think they'll let you play as the Marvel characters themselves. You'll be customizing your own super-hero and all the existing Marvel superhero characters will be NPCs, while the familiar super-villains will end up as bosses.

Basically, it'll be a Marvel RPG because you'll be in the Marvel Universe, and you'll be meeting, greeting and fighting Marvel characters.
 
Last edited:

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
cmdrjanjalani said:
I don't think they'll let you play as the Marvel characters themselves. You'll be customizing your own super-hero and all the existing Marvel superhero characters will be NPCs, while the familiar super-villains will end up as bosses.

Basically, it'll be a Marvel RPG because you'll be in the Marvel Universe, and you'll be meeting, greeting and fighting Marvel characters.
I don't think so. But that's just me. Maybe they'll have that option, too.

But the game isn't scheduled to be out until 2007/2008.:cry:
 

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
News on this game at last

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.655


not much but it's a start at least they are now talking about it more


been made by the people who did City of Heroes and City of Villians so i'm guessing it will be just like those games but in the marvel universe.


oh and the name is currently

Marvel Universe Online
 
Last edited:

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Marvel Universe trailer is now up on xbox live for you to download.


its under the "bring it home" section of games videoes then go down to Marvel Universe.
 

Latest posts

Top