Marvel MMPORPG.

It's not really a trailer, it doesn't show a story or gameplay. It's more like a tease...and a bad one. Any big group can make an awesome CG and suck at making games.
I'm actually looking forward to the DC MMORPG, but since its being made by SOE I think it will suck pretty bad (Star Wars Galaxies anyone?).
Well I'll say more when I see some action.

Well, it sounds cool, but I won't be getting it. I can never get into MMORPGs. Everyone I've tried, I get bored with in about a month...

I'm actually looking forward to the DC MMORPG, but since its being made by SOE I think it will suck pretty bad (Star Wars Galaxies anyone?).

I liked Star Wars Galaxies but i'll admit i mainly enjoyed it because i'm a huge star wars geek.

It's not really a trailer, it doesn't show a story or gameplay. It's more like a tease...and a bad one. Any big group can make an awesome CG and suck at making games.

true it was a tease. I just hope from the teaser it's not a game where we play as marvel heroes. I do not want 100 spider-men running around. Plus people like me in other countrys who the get the game after usa realse dates would not get the character they want.

Now creating your own hero has a load of possibilltys. Made by people who did COH/COV it can only turn out good.

In COH/COV there was a lack of some marvel powers e.g Web swinging though the city. So add them to an already great game and put it on he 360 so you can garantee you wond need to upgrade your machine to play. it can not go wrong.

Dc MMORPG is also a good idea. but dont count SOE for MMORPGs after all even if you don't like galaxies you'll have to admit EverQuest kicks *** and it's dc so there is a cool possibility of creating a Kryptonian (I think thats the spelling) and having Kryptonight actually effect you.

Or make a batman type character and make a kick *** car. (even thou i'm not a big dc fan always wanted to free roam in the batmobile in a game.)

I liked Star Wars Galaxies but i'll admit i mainly enjoyed it because i'm a huge star wars geek.

Not as much as me. I played Star Wars Galaxies for more then 2 years. When they made the combat "upgrade" it got worst, but I stayed because I had my city to take care. But then came Sony Online and introduced the NGE. It was a different game. A WORST game. Half of the people playing got out in the first month, I still played for about 3 months, but it was really really bad so I gave up. Sony destroyed Galaxies.

Not as much as me. I played Star Wars Galaxies for more then 2 years. When they made the combat "upgrade" it got worst, but I stayed because I had my city to take care. But then came Sony Online and introduced the NGE. It was a different game. A WORST game. Half of the people playing got out in the first month, I still played for about 3 months, but it was really really bad so I gave up. Sony destroyed Galaxies.

I loved original galaxies and thought that the upgrades that did stuff like let you be a jedi was a good idea. My character was already a jedi the hard orginal way but they cut out the need for getting up points in order to do it.

The game was easyer and encoraged new fans. I thought it was done good.

the only reason i quit was my character got rest to lvl 0 and sony did **** all about it and so i figured ok then bugger ya. and quit

I've always liked the idea of a MMPORPG, and I would love to play but I do not have X Box (I dont really like it) and I dont really do PC games. So that sucks. Would you have to pay monthly for it?

Would you have to pay monthly for it?

You probably would, as with other MMPORPGs such as city of heroes for pc, and the new final fantasy for xbox 360.

EDIT: Monthly payments suck.

Last edited:
I've always liked the idea of a MMPORPG, and I would love to play but I do not have X Box (I dont really like it) and I dont really do PC games. So that sucks. Would you have to pay monthly for it?

yes you will.

but it's understanerble why you have to pay.

dont want a 360 + dont like pc. if you get a ps3 the dc one is that.

I loved original galaxies and thought that the upgrades that did stuff like let you be a jedi was a good idea. My character was already a jedi the hard orginal way but they cut out the need for getting up points in order to do it.

The game was easyer and encoraged new fans. I thought it was done good.

the only reason i quit was my character got rest to lvl 0 and sony did **** all about it and so i figured ok then bugger ya. and quit

They destroyed the trade system. Everyone could be a jedi since the beggining. What was the challenge? And it destroyed continuity too, since it passes between 4 and 5. How can they have like 1 million jedis? And why would Obi Wan bother to tell you to do something?
IT sucked...everything about NGE was bad man. The fighting system? Jesus, the horror!

I want to see what willl be the roles of the heroes from Marvel on this game. They will give you quests?

They destroyed the trade system. Everyone could be a jedi since the beggining. What was the challenge? And it destroyed continuity too, since it passes between 4 and 5. How can they have like 1 million jedis? And why would Obi Wan bother to tell you to do something?
IT sucked...everything about NGE was bad man. The fighting system? Jesus, the horror!

I want to see what willl be the roles of the heroes from Marvel on this game. They will give you quests?

The continuity was already destroyed the second the game came out. It does not fit in with the movies or EU.

Everyone been a jedi was good as most star wars fans are passing fans and want to buy the game to be a jedi and most likely do not have the time to level up to do it. Plus this way Jedi had more levels like in the film

the fighting engine was pretty cool. I see why you hated it as it was too diffrent but I liked it. it made it easyer and more like fights in films

The continuity was already destroyed the second the game came out. It does not fit in with the movies or EU.

Everyone been a jedi was good as most star wars fans are passing fans and want to buy the game to be a jedi and most likely do not have the time to level up to do it. Plus this way Jedi had more levels like in the film

the fighting engine was pretty cool. I see why you hated it as it was too diffrent but I liked it. it made it easyer and more like fights in films

No the continuity was fine, nothing really big happened in the first years of SWG. Then sony came and made Kashyyyk. They raped continuity out of the game.
I didn't have much time to lv up too, but I was force sensitive, it's not just lv up (well now it is...) you have to know what you need to do. And they didn't even think about all the jedis and force sensitives out there. Bad idea, most of the old players got out of the game. Players started to reduce in numbers and now it's just another MMO in the vast ocean of them.
The fighting engine would have been nice if the game was not MASSIVE ONLINE. No way you could hit someone in the middle of a crowded city. ( although i think they fixed that).

So is the Marvel MMO will come out only for xbox360? If it comes I don't know if I'm even going to bother.

Last edited:
No the continuity was fine, nothing really big happened in the first years of SWG. Then sony came and made Kashyyyk. They raped continuity out of the game.
I didn't have much time to lv up too, but I was force sensitive, it's not just lv up (well now it is...) you have to know what you need to do. And they didn't even think about all the jedis and force sensitives out there. Bad idea, most of the old players got out of the game. Players started to reduce in numbers and now it's just another MMO in the vast ocean of them.
The fighting engine would have been nice if the game was not MASSIVE ONLINE. No way you could hit someone in the middle of a crowded city. ( although i think they fixed that).

So is the Marvel MMO will come out only for xbox360? If it comes I don't know if I'm even going to bother.

Yeah i remember. But they expected you to be at least lvl 30-50 to it because in order to do it you had to kill the lvl 40-70 (i forget which) sith and then do the sith camp!

As for continuity there was alot of mistakes like where characters who were in the movie were. the fact you could be a jedi. and alot more but i liked it. Not my fave star wars game but not my worst either.

and back on topic I think it is a 360 only title. Sorry dude.

Any one else disappointed there was no E3 or comic-con footage or info?

I would love to play this, as well as any DC-related MMORPG. However, as my track record goes with MMORPGs, I probably won't play it for very long. There should be something done with ALL of these games to where playing solo missions can get you just as far as playing with big groups.

My experiences on COH/COV are the reason I say this. I've had the game since it came out a few years back and the highest level character I have is around lvl 35 (out of 50, last I checked). Mostly because I would play the most late at night when nobody was on the server (and, unlike SWG and other games, there is no indicator to which servers are UK or "late night US" servers). Trying to level up by doing solo missions is about as fun as watching paint dry, but it takes a hell of a lot longer.

The Marvel Universe Online game—a joint venture between Marvel, Microsoft and Cryptic Studios—may be dead, a video game website is reporting.

According to 1Up.com, the website arm of Electronic Gaming Monthly, the previously announced Marvel Online game "has hit serious, potentially stalling, development troubles."

Microsoft representatives refused to confirm that the game has been scrapped.

Marvel's online game came into focus when NCSoft acquired City of Heroes from Cryptic Studios and in resulting interviews, no update or status report was provided on the superhero game.

I bet they can't figure out how to let each player be Spider-Man. :)

That sucks , This game was going to be great , Hopefully it's still coming out

Latest posts

Back