Marvel Offers Retailers Comics for DC Comics

so sleazy.

On the surface, yes, but if I'm understanding this right, if you look a little closer at what Marvel is doing it's not quite as sleazy as it seems.

I guess in order to fully understand the sleaziness of it, I'd be very interested in reading shop owners' takes on it. Because if these are crap tie-in issues that they are stuck with and no one wants them, I'd bet they are glad for something like this. If DC were making these tie-ins good comics instead of cheap cash-grabs, they wouldn't have this problem. That probably sounds a lot more like I'm blaming DC for this than I intend it to.

If that is the case, then the sleaziness factor comes in when you realize that Marvel, at least as it seems to me, are 10x worse and pushing crap tie-ins than DC is.

Not a dick move at all. If Marvel was holding stores hostage sales-wise, like withholding certain books from them, that would be one thing. But they aren't. It's just a sales tactic, and it's a smart one at that - and one that can potentially benefit the comic stores.

Latest posts

Back