Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

I just showed the trailers to a guy who had no idea this movie existed, and his reaction was to kinda shrug and say "Eh, looks fun, but kinda generic." Apparently Slovakia has a well-guarded treasure trove of awesome fun space adventure movies, because that's the only explanation I can think of for finding anything about this movie "generic" looking.

Nah, it's just that all the raccoons and trees in Slovakia talk... which leads me to wonder just how much LSD is being pumped into their water supply.

Extended 5 minute clip:

[video=youtube;EzI-U1Fh9zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EzI-U1Fh9zc[/video]

Quote by Fred Raskin, editor on the movie:

"Yesterday I watched the IMAX 3D version of Guardians of the Galaxy, and I can say without question that this is the ideal format in which the movie should be experienced. This is not some hastily-done 3D pass in which they've simply added a little depth to the 2D version of the movie. Many of the shots and sequences in the film were designed for 3D (read: this will not be subtle), and I was absolutely floored by how well our 3D team pulled them off. Additionally, in IMAX, there are a number of sequences in which we've removed the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen so that the image fills the frame, creating a fully-immersive 3D experience.

The last thirteen months have been one hell of a ride. I hope you guys enjoy the flick as much as I do."

Great… NOW i have to watch it in 3-D IMAX

LoL I usually ignore the 3-D versions of these movies cuz there is nothing ever 3-D in it… but if they are saying they put some sweet 3-D scenes in? I'll bite that bullet.

Some tidbits on what James Gunn told Film Divider he has on the sequel:

"I have a lot of ideas for stories and characters that are going to appear, and there are documents written up, that some people have, about Peter Quill's father and his relationship, a lot of stuff about Yondu and a lot of stuff about Drax that nobody knows.

There are a lot of things that are part of the overall schematic that already exist, not to mention a lot of stuff about all of the cultures. There's a lot of stuff about Xandarian and Kree culture that I've written down or I have in my head, as well as Krylorians and Ravagers.
"

Rotten Tomatoes finally has a rotten review and it can basically be boiled down to "it's too much fun" and that the humor wasn't their taste. Everything they're calling negative is WHY I'm seeing the movie.

Rotten Tomatoes finally has a rotten review and it can basically be boiled down to "it's too much fun" and that the humor wasn't their taste. Everything they're calling negative is WHY I'm seeing the movie.

There's always a few dissenters. But the vast majority of other reviews are great, so I'm not worried at all. Can't wait until Thursday night!

So one of the post credits scenes for GotG was posted earlier today, apparently filmed at a recent press screening or something.

It opens showing the Collector, beaten and bruised, drinking something from a green cup. Cosmo (the dog) walks up and licks his face. Then we hear "Ugh, why do you let him lick your face? That's gross!" and the shot cuts to a shot of: Howard the Duck, also drinking from a green cup.

So there you go. Confirmation of those two characters showing up has been confirmed. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Have twenty four hours and thirty eight minutes left before I'm in my seat. Unlike the other Phase Two movies I haven't gotten spoiled yet. Feels good man.

I got to the theater two and a half hours early on accident.

I'm sitting next to two people I would describe as "Tumblr feminists". At a James Gunn film. If I'm not posting later I've either went to jail for killing them or they killed me.

Last edited:
*sigh* If only Japan would bother putting movies out on time...

Holding out for ya, September.

Latest posts

Back