Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

Check it out

__zpsf29bfbc5.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;SiCNtW6RUb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiCNtW6RUb0[/video]

A friend had two tickets and invited me to the preview today.

Holy ****. This is going to be amazing. Saw it in IMAX 3D, which now I only want to see this movie in that format. It's worth it.

This is going to be one of the best Marvel movies, Top 5 for sure. Just from the preview alone, I'm saying that. It was that awesome.

I also got a free poster!

tumblr_n8ddg0fydw1qasnlao1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
The extended look that was shown with the 17 min. preview:

[video=youtube;TU0X-xfj-rQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TU0X-xfj-rQ[/video]

The latest trailer does a good job of describing the movie compared with the earlier trailer(s).

Looks good. I'm excited to see it.

A movie site called FThisMovie tweeted an interesting picture that shows how the same shot has changed from the first trailer to the latest. Seems it wasn't close to finished in Feb when the first trailer came out.

A movie site called FThisMovie tweeted an interesting picture that shows how the same shot has changed from the first trailer to the latest. Seems it wasn't close to finished in Feb when the first trailer came out.
When first trailers come out, the SFX isn't usually done. That's nothing new. James Gunn even posted on his Facebook page that he was just finishing the movie completely only the other week.

When first trailers come out, the SFX isn't usually done. That's nothing new. James Gunn even posted on his Facebook page that he was just finishing the movie completely only the other week.

Of course, I didn't think the movie would be finished by Feb, but I would have thought they'd only release a trailer when the scenes used in the trailer are finished.

Of course, I didn't think the movie would be finished by Feb, but I would have thought they'd only release a trailer when the scenes used in the trailer are finished.
Nah, that happens a lot with most movies. For example: Days of Future Past's first trailer was the same deal.

And the Avengers trailers did the same thing. I remember Bass pointing out things that had been added to one scene with Hawkeye.

This is interesting:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cameos-71908/

So the cameos by James Gunn himself, Nathan Fillion, and Rob Zombie (as well as the obvious one by Stan Lee) aren't any big name characters, just minor parts created for the film.

However, there is a chance we'll see
Howard the Duck
cameo in the film. It's not known if the character will actually appear or just be, for instance, a comic read by a young Peter Quill. However, it'd be cool (and a perfect place) to cameo the character, assuming a CGIed version does show up.

Last edited:
Didn't Stan Lee say somewhere that he wouldn't be cameoing in GotG because he didn't have anything to do with creating the characters?

EDIT: Just clicked the link, so looks like his cameo is confirmed, not just speculated on. Guess they talked him into it.

Last edited:
Didn't Stan Lee say somewhere that he wouldn't be cameoing in GotG because he didn't have anything to do with creating the characters? EDIT: Just clicked the link, so looks like his cameo is confirmed, not just speculated on. Guess they talked him into it.

Apparently he plays some type of galactic ladies' man. Given his appearance as basically just that in his cameos in Iron Man and Agents of SHIELD, its his new thing, I guess.

Quote by Fred Raskin, editor on the movie:

"Yesterday I watched the IMAX 3D version of Guardians of the Galaxy, and I can say without question that this is the ideal format in which the movie should be experienced. This is not some hastily-done 3D pass in which they've simply added a little depth to the 2D version of the movie. Many of the shots and sequences in the film were designed for 3D (read: this will not be subtle), and I was absolutely floored by how well our 3D team pulled them off. Additionally, in IMAX, there are a number of sequences in which we've removed the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen so that the image fills the frame, creating a fully-immersive 3D experience.

The last thirteen months have been one hell of a ride. I hope you guys enjoy the flick as much as I do."

I just showed the trailers to a guy who had no idea this movie existed, and his reaction was to kinda shrug and say "Eh, looks fun, but kinda generic."

Apparently Slovakia has a well-guarded treasure trove of awesome fun space adventure movies, because that's the only explanation I can think of for finding anything about this movie "generic" looking.

Latest posts

Back