Marvel Relaunch - What Would You Choose?

I'm going to pick and choose from lists that people post on here.

That said, I won't be picking any secondary books for any character. There should only be one Spider-Man book, one Superman book, etc. Even one Batman book, even though they've done a fairly good job with multiple books. I'd rather see a book like Gotham Central as Detective Comics with Batman playing a supporting role and him on his own book.

An exception would be books that retell and retool old character stories - modern takes on old Spider-Man tales, for example, famous or obscure. And even then I don't think you can get an ongoing out of that.

As far as team books I'd like to see a tighter, more sensible take on team books like Avengers - the main superhero team, the black ops team, etc. I never felt like they had that quite right with Secret Avengers, even though it was a decent enough book.

So, I know nobody is reading this and I'm totally just stroking my ego, but what else is new?

52 books, split up into editorial families. I'll eventually post up pitches for family-wide directions and capsule pitches for each book, maybe. Probably not. But maybe!

1. Avengers
2. Avengers Academy
3. Next Avengers
4. Thor
5. Iron Man
6. Captain America
7. Hulk

8. Strange Tales
9. Ghost Rider (1974)
10. Hell's Belles, Featuring Damion Hellstrom (Hahahaha. Of course that won't be the name. But I find it HILARIOUS)
11. Monster Town
12. Hercules and the Olympus Foundation
13. Tomb of Dracula

14. Nick Fury, Agents of SHIELD (not a typo)
15. Winter Soldier
16. Spider-Woman, Agent of HAMMER
17. SWORD
18. Howling Commandos
19. War Machine

20. Amazing Spider-Man
21. Astonishing Spider-Man
22. Venom
23. Front Line

24. Nova
25. Guardians of the Galaxy
26. Conquest

27. Runaways
28. Single Green Female Lawyer (She-Hulk)
29. Moon Knight
30. Thunderbolts
31. Defenders

32. Excalibur
33. Alpha Flight
34. Namor
35. Black Panther
36. Deadpool and Weapon X (Deadpool! Fantomex! (He really plays up the French accent), Girl Wolverine! Machine Man!)
37. Savage Tales

38. X-Men
39. The Brotherhod
40. X-Factor
41. Wolverine

42. Daredevil
43. Heroes For Hire
44. Punisher

45. Fantastic Four
46. Future Foundation

47. Marvel Comics Presents

48. Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man
49. MA: Iron Man
50. MA: Captain America
51. MA: Thor
52. MA: Avengers

Last edited:
that sounds like the current venom series but switching flash with eddie

but flash is a character that while under Remenders writing atleast has some actual substance some depth, while aside from one story (SSM arc by Sacasa and Lee Weeks wich didnt actually have the Venom symbiote at all) Eddie has always been a cardboard cut-out of a character but thats probably just my opinion

anywho I have my list somewhere in the depths of my computer i got most of this done but forgot to post it

(I'm wondering if I should set up a separate thread or maybe a blog space and do a "series pitch a day" type thing)

Iceshadow said:
I demand that everyone add Agents of Atlas...or else!

I LOVE Agents of Atlas. I tried to find a way to make it fit in my big picture but was unfortunately unable.

Last edited:
It´s really hard to come up with 52 titles! If Marvel were to relaunch their titles, I would suggest something along these lines...

SPIDER-MAN
1.The Amazing Spider-Man - Bring back John Romita Jr!!
2.Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man - A monthly companion to our original comic
3. Spider Woman - Bendis did a good job with this, could Alex Maleev be far behind?

AVENGERS
4.Captain America - Only if Brubaker writes it!
5.The Invincible Iron Man - Actual creative team could do a monster revamp! I have faith in them
6.The Incredible Hulk - Burn down the house (all seventeen hulks) and just keep it simple, stupid. Banner + Jolly Green Guy = HULK
7.The Mighty Thor = Less focus on Asgard on a while would be nice
8.Hawkeye = Considering he´s going to be in the next movie, an ongoing series would be nice
9.The Mighty Avengers - Just one team. Not Secret, not classic, not New...no Wolverine, no Spider-Man. Too much to ask?
10.West Coast Avengers - I really loved this comic back in the 80's. Why not?
11.Avengers Academy - One of the best comics out there, this has to stay.

DEFENDERS
12.Doctor Strange - One of the flagstone characters of Marvel, why do I dream of Sienkewickz drawing this?
13.Strange Tales - Telling the tales no other monthly can tell...
14.Namor, the Sub-Mariner - Jae Lee, a good writer. Need I say more?
15.The Defenders - Could they get the revamp they have been waiting for? (the last good version I read was on "Twisted Toyfare Theater")
16.Silver Surfer - Cosmic drama queen needs a remake. Surfer 2.0.

SHADOWLAND
17.Daredevil - Keep the actual team, they have a good feel for the character.
18.Heroes for Hire - Interesting concept, change the artist.
19.Luke Cage: Power Man - This character is overdue for his own comic, specially if you get him out of the Avengers.
20.Iron Fist & the Seven Warriors - One of the nicest comics in the last years was the Iron Fist Saga, bring him back!
21.Punisher - As long as you dont cut him up in pieces, transform him into Frankenstein, he´ll be fine.
22.Moon Knight - Great character!
23.Black Panther - Take him back to Africa. Give him a good creative team, make him look like the one in "The Avengers" cartoon series. Cool.

X-MEN (Do we really need so many X-titles out every month?)
24.Uncanny X-Men: The base team (Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Collossus, Phoenix, etc)
25.X-Men Legacy - A "b" team located in another city, hopefully led by Storm
26.X-Force - This comic has a great concept going
27.New Mutants - They would have a chance to make them young and fun again.
28.Wolverine - JUST - ONE - TITLE!!
29.X-Men: First Class - This was a great concept, how could it not work?
30.Magneto & the New Generation - Magneto opens up his own school of mutants. Not?

FANTASTIC
31.Fantastic Four - Bring back Johhny Storm. We all know his death was a gimmick.
32.Ben Grimm: The Thing - Could he hold a monthly title again, like he did in the 80´s?
33.Savage She-Hulk - Very underrated and underused character, once belonged to the FF

OTHERS
34.Deadpool - Excellent character, could I dream of Liefield again?
35.Deadpool & Cable - Why isnt Cable in the mainstream?
36.Elektra - a monthly gig for the sexiest assasain? Who wouldnt buy that?
37.Marvel Team-Up - Change the name if you wish, dont make it all about Spidey, there are a lot of cool team-ups to happen in the MU
38.Hercules - His monthly actual is showing that Bob Layton wasnt crazy to trust this character back in the 80´s
39.Nick Fury, Agent of Shield - Has a lot going on for him right now
40.Ka-Zar & the Savage Land - Could someone get this title RIGHT for once?
41.Man-Thing - As long as its better than the 2005 movie
42.Blade the Vampire Hunter - Vampires are the coolest thing today, and Marvel isnt publishing its only original vampire? Weep, Wesley Snipes!
43.Excalibur - Call 911 - Alan Davis could help
44.Captain Britain & MI-13 - I loved this series! Why did they cancel it?
45.Spider-Girl - Just change Ron Frenz and I´ll buy it
46.Marvel Classics - Stories from who knows when and who knows why
47.What The?! - Come on...You dont miss this one too?
48.What if? - Monthly pressure to make this happen...Hmmm...maybe this one is not meant to happen

ULTIMATE LINE
49.Ultimate Spider-Man
50.Ultimate Avengers
51.Ultimate X-Men
52.The Ultimates

Mine are in a fairly random order but I feel I finally have everything I want on there and explained what needed explanations.
1. Spiderman
2. Carnage
3. Fantastic Four
4. X-Men
5. Cable
6. Ghost Rider
7. Avengers
8. Captain America
9. Ant-Man & Wasp
10. Doctor Strange
11. Defenders
12. Guardians of the Galaxy
13. S.H.I.E.L.D.
14. Young Logan
15. Black Panther
16. Blade
17. Deadpool
18. Daredevil
19. Hulk
20. Punisher
21. Iron Fist
22. Luke Cage
23. Ka-Zar
24. Thor
25. Moon Knight
26. Runaways
27. Young Avengers
28. She Hulk
29. Silver Surfer
30. Thunderbolts
31. Venom
32. Iron Man
33. War Machine
34. X-23
35. X-Factor
36. X-Force
37. Captain Britain and the MI13
38. Captain Marvel
39. Namor
40. New Mutants
41. Stark Industries- Basically this would be Batman Inc. but with Iron Man; because if your gonna still ideas go all out.
42. Underbelly- Follows gang wars and things of the like in New York, likely centering around a more established character like Kingpin.
43. The Howling Commandoes- Because Marvel need a WWII book.
44. The Beyonder- An interesting character although I'm not sure how an ongoing would work. But why not try?
45. What If?
46. Spiderman 2099
47. Punisher 2099
48. Ravage 2099
49. X-Men 2099
50. Fantastic Four 2099
51. Hulk 2099
52. Ultra Force- Marvel acquired this team from Malibu in the 90s and they never got used to there potential.

The Will Wells said:
Mine are in a fairly random order but I feel I finally have everything I want on there and explained what needed explanations.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back