Marvel teams with Japanese anime studio Madhouse

I'd like to see how they adapt Captain America if they do at all.

I don't think that would happen, a guy decked out in the American flag who fought against Japan in WWII? They would like turn him into a gaijin sterotype, an idiot and an jerk.

They would likely go with Spider-Man (the movies were popular there), Iron Man (because they love robot characters), maybe Wolverine (you can easily add a lot of Japanese mythology with him and they would be familar with him because of the movies.)

I wonder if they would make the characters Japanese, like they did with Witchblade.

Last edited:
I don't think that would happen, a guy decked out in the American flag who fought against Japan in WWII? They would like turn him into a gaijin sterotype, an idiot and an jerk.

So you're saying they would be racist about it?

I'd like to think people would be more professional then that.

I wonder if they would make the characters Japanese, like they did with Witchblade.

I'd imagine so, make things more accessible.

Quite a bit of manga I've read has Americans as either jackasses, sluts (for the girls!), or ironically enough, racists. Usually these characters learn a lesson, or get the beejeezus beat out of them, or both.

Well there are quite a few gaijin sterotypes in anime (both east and west) and sometimes (though not all the time) Americans can come of as big blond, idiot jerks, usual if that's the case they drawn as sterotypically American, wearing a cowboy hat or an flag banda.

http://www.j-fan.com/edit.cgi?selected=anime_gaijin

It might be hard for Cap not to fell into that trap considering the way he dresses and the fact he fought against Japan in WWII. They are still unhappy about having nukes dropped on them. Speaking of sterotypes though, a lot of the Japanese characters that showed up in Cap comics in the 40s were pretty bad.

I'd imagine so, make things more accessible.

Well there already is a Japanese Spider-man, so that could work out well:

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/spideyjapan.htm

Last edited:
Does this mean maybe a Spider-man anime? or even better a Spider-man anime based on the Spider-man mangas?

They would likely go with Spider-Man (the movies were popular there), Iron Man (because they love robot characters), maybe Wolverine (you can easily add a lot of Japanese mythology with him and they would be familar with him because of the movies.)

Add what, Wolverine is full of Japanese backstory. Its half his character.

I love Marvel and I love anime, but I don't think these are two great tastes that taste great together.

I'll reserve judgment for the time being, but this could suck HARD.

Add what, Wolverine is full of Japanese backstory. Its half his character.
Well now it can be all of his character.

I love Marvel and I love anime, but I don't think these are two great tastes that taste great together.

I'll reserve judgment for the time being, but this could suck HARD.

Well now it can be all of his character.

But it would aimed more at Japanese people then you, though. That's what I gather from the press release. I think it could be funny.

I want to see a 100 foot tall Iron man, damn it!

Last edited:
I want to see a Most Excellent Super-Bat anime.

Latest posts

Back