Marvel to be bought by Disney

I have some hilarious mash-ups or comments on Twitter.

Bendis responded that he did not kill off the Wasp just to make room for Tinkerbell.

Namor will appear in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

Hannah Montana refuses to reveal her identity and goes to war with Iron Man.

Jason Aaron wants to write the Punisher killing the entire cast of Hannah Montana

@BRIANMBENDIS: congrats to bambi's mother on joining the cast of marvel zombies :) (ok, now i'm done)

"Face it Tigger, you just hit the jackpot!"

Meet the eighth dwarf: "Logan".

my dream of 'a bug's life' dissassembled just got a little closer to reality :)

I have some hilarious mash-ups or comments on Twitter.

Bendis responded that he did not kill off the Wasp just to make room for Tinkerbell.

Namor will appear in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

Hannah Montana refuses to reveal her identity and goes to war with Iron Man.

Jason Aaron wants to write the Punisher killing the entire cast of Hannah Montana

@BRIANMBENDIS: congrats to bambi's mother on joining the cast of marvel zombies :) (ok, now i'm done)

"Face it Tigger, you just hit the jackpot!"

Meet the eighth dwarf: "Logan".

my dream of 'a bug's life' dissassembled just got a little closer to reality :)
:lol:

Briliant.

This came out of nowhere. I wonder who long it's been in the works? This is way bigger than that Marvelman non-announcement.

I think this will lead to some interesting ideas and some terrible ones. Hopefully the properties stay separate and don't interfere with each other.

did you read pet avengers? best thing marvel has put out in over a decade.

Also:
marvelhearts.jpg

that was fast.

There was no point in changing Hercules, also is that a Nemo/Iceman mash up?

I find concerns over this bizarre.

AOL Time Warner owns DC Comics and it never comes up, except when they distribute films and cartoons through Warner Bros.

It's the same thing.

And if Disney do get involved creatively, it won't make a lick of difference. Joe Quesada stopped having Wolverine smoke cigars and had Spider-Man make a deal with Satan instead of having him divorced because of the messages it sends to kids. And Avi Arad single-handedly altered Marvel's creative output when he fired Bill Jemas in order to protect the Hollywood version of the Marvel intellect properties.

If you're worried Disney will 'kiddify' Marvel or use Marvel comics as a form of movie merchandise, Marvel have been doing that quite capably on their own for 10 years.

Bass speaks truth.

I still can't bring myself to care about this.

Oh, and that Kingdom Hearts picture? Spider-Sora is hideous.

Talking about Pixar and Marvel mvovies, am I the only one that wants Pixar to stick to doing original movies? I know I'm always talking about how cool a Pixar Shazam movie would be but I think Pixar deciding to adapt various Marvel properties would be disappointing. I'm sure they would all be great but it seems like going against their unique creativity. Maybe they can create another division where they can then assist on Marvel films, like they're doing with the live-action projects like 1906 and John Carter of Mars.

Also, it would be interesting to see Disney give the rights to the the CrossGen characters to Marvel and let them republish those works. There were some great comics in that line.

I have no problem with Disney helping out with Marvel films.

I think the biggest potential changes will be:

1. The BOOM! Comics getting dropped in favor of some Marvel series.

2. Some superhero-themed rides at Disneyworld.

I have no problem with Disney helping out with Marvel films.

I think the biggest potential changes will be:

1. The BOOM! Comics getting dropped in favor of some Marvel series.

2. Some superhero-themed rides at Disneyworld.

Helping with the films? It will probably be the same hassle DC movies go through.

We're still waiting for that Wonder Woman flick.

I was watching Attack of The Show and the guy being interviewed said that movies like Thor may not be made due to those types of characters not being as well known and having that movie in particular with such a huge budget may get the axe. Also movies like Punisher (or punisher-esque) may be more prone to pg ratings than, god forbid, pg-13. There was more but this was all I could remember.

I agree with Project on the Pixar front, but I could easily see Disney and Pixar moving some of their animators over to Marvel Studios to help develop their films. I could also see Disney taking the reins on Marvel cartoons. If they leave the creative decisions largely in the hands of Marvel, that could lead to better budget production. That's something I'd like to see.

Other than that, I don't terribly care. I doubt Disney will cut their partnership with Boom! but I guess we'll see.

I was watching Attack of The Show and the guy being interviewed said that movies like Thor may not be made due to those types of characters not being as well known and having that movie in particular with such a huge budget may get the axe. Also movies like Punisher (or punisher-esque) may be more prone to pg ratings than, god forbid, pg-13. There was more but this was all I could remember.

Ehh, I don't know if I buy that Thor bit. I mean look at the Blade movie, and the Punisher thing is dumb, who was saying this?

Ehh, I don't know if I buy that Thor bit. I mean look at the Blade movie, and the Punisher thing is dumb, who was saying this?

I forgot his name but I've seen him on the show before. He kinda looks like Joey Q. It was the fill-in for Kevin that was interviewing him.

Disney isn't Time Warner. This isn't going to be the same at all.

Disney eats you up and ****s you out.

Oh, like the did with Pixar, and Miramax, and ABC... oh wait, they didn't.

I find concerns over this bizarre.

AOL Time Warner owns DC Comics and it never comes up, except when they distribute films and cartoons through Warner Bros.

It's the same thing.

And if Disney do get involved creatively, it won't make a lick of difference. Joe Quesada stopped having Wolverine smoke cigars and had Spider-Man make a deal with Satan instead of having him divorced because of the messages it sends to kids. And Avi Arad single-handedly altered Marvel's creative output when he fired Bill Jemas in order to protect the Hollywood version of the Marvel intellect properties.

If you're worried Disney will 'kiddify' Marvel or use Marvel comics as a form of movie merchandise, Marvel have been doing that quite capably on their own for 10 years.

Except there has been quality stuff put by Marvel in recent years like Captain America, so I don't think Marvel has really "kiddified" itself that much.

Plus really there is nothing wrong with marketing comic book characters to kids, the only people who get offended by that are moron fan boys who think sex and violence instantly make a story "mature".

Your average episode of Duck Tales has more intellectual content and is more mature then Ultimatum.

I have said this before comic books themselves are irrelevant its the character concepts that make the real money. Disney doesn't care what stories Marvel writes, as long as they get access to the characters to use else where.

$4 billion?!?! Damn!

At least Marvel doesn't have to worry about going bankrupt again.

Yeah, only reason Disney did this is because of all the damn movies that Marvel is flushing out. Not that Disney even needs the money, I mean they just put out $4 billion. But Disney's still a bunch of greedy basterds!

This doesn't mean that everything Marvel has to be family-friendly does it?

This is on the news right now.

Last edited:
I love these.

I kind of want Disney to see that Marvel broke up the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage using a deal with the devil and use their immense power to undo it. That would be hilarious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back