Marvel to be bought by Disney

$4 billion?!?! Damn!

At least Marvel doesn't have to worry about going bankrupt again.

Yeah, only reason Disney did this is because of all the damn movies that Marvel is flushing out. Not that Disney even needs the money, I mean they just put out $4 billion. But Disney's still a bunch of greedy basterds!

This doesn't mean that everything Marvel has to be family-friendly does it?

This is on the news right now.

Disney actual has taken a few hits recently.

Frankly Disney has a pretty clear market problem, simply put Disney is too girly. Princesses and the Jonas Bros will bring in the girls, but the boys will hate it.

By buying Marvel, Disney now owns something the boy market would like, that's why they did it, to get into a market they haven't tapped into for a while.

I love these.

I kind of want Disney to see that Marvel broke up the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage using a deal with the devil and use their immense power to undo it. That would be hilarious.

This one was brilliant

10zv5vt.jpg

It's not rape, it's just surprise sex.

I've been calling it that for years, now.

I have some hilarious mash-ups or comments on Twitter.

Bendis responded that he did not kill off the Wasp just to make room for Tinkerbell.

Namor will appear in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

Hannah Montana refuses to reveal her identity and goes to war with Iron Man.

Jason Aaron wants to write the Punisher killing the entire cast of Hannah Montana

@BRIANMBENDIS: congrats to bambi's mother on joining the cast of marvel zombies :) (ok, now i'm done)

"Face it Tigger, you just hit the jackpot!"

Meet the eighth dwarf: "Logan".

my dream of 'a bug's life' dissassembled just got a little closer to reality :)

You forgot "Finding Namor".

I was watching Attack of The Show and the guy being interviewed said that movies like Thor may not be made due to those types of characters not being as well known and having that movie in particular with such a huge budget may get the axe. Also movies like Punisher (or punisher-esque) may be more prone to pg ratings than, god forbid, pg-13. There was more but this was all I could remember.

So it's basically what WB does with the DC films?

Still, i honestly wouldn't worry. It seems everything is staying as is. I think everyone is overreacting.

Bonus points if you say "surprise" once done.

Btw, I thought it was Purple Man who did it.

Last edited:
power rangers!

What is this 1994? Who cares about the Power Rangers at this point? People don't think of power rangers then they think of Disney and Marvel characters are far more marketable then the Power Rangers.

What is this 1994? Who cares about the Power Rangers at this point? People don't think of power rangers then they think of Disney and Marvel characters are far more marketable then the Power Rangers.

NONE of that matters. You said they have nothing to appeal to boys.Yet they power rangers which the toys still sell enough and Disney even has them in disney theme parks (With like the coolest car ever)

I'm not debating Marvel vs Power Rangers, I'm not saying one is more popular than the other. I'm just saying disney DOES have something that appeals to boys which you said they didn't.

In simple terms : You were wrong, Deal with it.

NONE of that matters. You said they have nothing to appeal to boys.Yet they power rangers which the toys still sell enough and Disney even has them in disney theme parks (With like the coolest car ever)

I'm not debating Marvel vs Power Rangers, I'm not saying one is more popular than the other. I'm just saying disney DOES have something that appeals to boys which you said they didn't.

In simple terms : You were wrong, Deal with it.

And all of that is irrelevant, because Power rangers in of themselves do not give Disney the kind market hold with boys, that the princesses and the Jonas Bros give them with girls.

Heck most analysts have commented on this problem when talking about this deal, so if Power rangers were that big a deal with boys why haven't the analysts factored it in? Maybe because its not such a big deal?

So your wrong, deal with it.

Overlord is wrong and mole is right.

I don't think so Tim.

Last edited:
So your wrong, deal with it.

Wrong! You said
they haven't tapped into for a while.
the fact is they have with power rangers. The analysts you mentioned compare as you mentioned Jonas Bros but also things like hannah montana ect.. Which does NOT mean they haven't "tapped into the boys market" it means they have BUT there is a lot more girl marketed things.

See I never once argued disney wasn't girly. I'm giving you proof that they HAVE tapped in to the boys market. Another example is Disney's Cars. The toys sell , the shorts they show are watched and Cars is seen and marketed as a boys product. Now they have High school musical , hannah montana the movie , Cheeta Girls , Little mermaid sequels ect.. Dose that mean Cars failed? NO.

So you are wrong and if you can't see the simple undeniable fact that they HAVE tapped the boys market just not as much, then I'm done with this as the thread is "Marvel owned by disney" not "The Overlord is wrong" (we have enough of those threads.)

Latest posts

Back