Marvel unlimited worth it?

whig4life

What's the selection like? I want to keep up with new comics but also want to read stuff from marvels heyday... Any thoughts would help!

There are around 150,000 old comics. Apparently they just uploaded 500 old Star Wars comics. Every week they upload the comics from 6 months ago and some more of the old ones. The collection is far from complete, and sometimes they aren't organized well, but overall I'd say it's very worth it.

It probably depends on the price. I think it is $10/month right now which I personally wouldn't pay, but I had it when it first came out and they ran a sale for $5/mo. I found that I wasn't using it as much as I thought I would.

I've mentioned this before, but a lot of their mid-90s to mid-2000s comics are really screwed up. You can see where the speech balloons were on a separate layer in the digital file and a lot of them are mislaid, especially on double page spreads. So they are all stretched funny and not lined up where they should be. It's really bad on a lot of the Fantastic Four and Earth X/Paradise X/Universe X books, which were the main things I wanted to read when I had it.

They also have wrong release dates on a lot of the comics from that era which makes them hard to read in succession.

I would have a lot more interest in it if they put up trades, especially ones that are out of print.

It's maybe more worth it if you want to read a bunch of current comics but don't want to pay for them, don't want to torrent them, and don't mind waiting 6 months.

What's the selection like? I want to keep up with new comics but also want to read stuff from marvels heyday... Any thoughts would help!

I actually did have it for a time and I gotta say it is ammmmaazzziinggg!!!

It is perfect if you want a set price to read soo many comics. Now you don't get the latest comics, but every week they always update there selection so it does feels like your getting new books each week.

Latest posts

Back