Marvel vs Capcom 3

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

I'm gonna take you for a ride.

All of you.

Every single one of you is going on a ride.

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Dr.Strange Vignette

[video=youtube;nYouDsfRlmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYouDsfRlmA[/video]

Nemesis Vignette

[video=youtube;rRQEDNnLuj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQEDNnLuj8&feature=related[/video]

Gameplay!

[video=youtube;dscKEenjx6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dscKEenjx6M[/video]

[video=youtube;YdIfp1tEJ-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdIfp1tEJ-4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;p73vsHDHe_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p73vsHDHe_g#at=76[/video]

Last edited:
Okay I got this the other day. It was £5 in sale so why not? The ultimate edition is coming soon but really from what I've seen Nemesis is the only extra i'd want from it. But here is my thoughts (Most likely said before by others but here we go)

Pros :
- A cool roster of fighters with something for everyone
- The Endings are fun
- Some alternate costumes are cool like Black spider-man or grey hulk
- X-23 is awesome in it
- some cool extras like art gallery

Cons :
- No story mode. The big build up in trailers implied a great big story. And true it's an arcade fighter it doesn't need one BUT this day and age a story mode is pretty much a given in fighting games

- Alternate costumes are just pallet swaps. While this works with hulk and spider-man I'd rather new costumes. Say for example Captain America give him WW2 cap. Wolverine how about a unmasked version?

- More extras. It seems like they through in a few but not nearly as much as they could of. Off the top of my head how about character videos like Ryu training , Spider-man saving people in new york ect...

- Roster is a lot smaller than previous games. They can even add some pallet swap characters and it'd work like we have Ryu, give us ken. We have spider-man, give us Venom. We have iron man give us war machine.

- Galactus was too annoying

Over all its worth my £5, But if I paid £40 when it first came out I'd pissed. MvC2 felt bigger this = a step back. The ultimate stuff should just be dlc not a new game. Normally SF > MK. This generation MK > SF4 > MvC3

Maybe BUT it should have been in it to begin with. It feels half-assed. Now there are some good points to (one i forgot to mention was I like it when characters talk about the other universe, E.g Phoenix commenting on how similar Akuma is, Akuma commenting on he's disappointed by wolverine after he herd Apocalypse wanted him as a horseman ect..)

But yeah the stuff in new one really should be in this version. There's no excuse either. Plus Ultimate still has no Story mode from what I've read. and new mode = spectator mode. That doesn't really cover it.

Capcom has reached EA levels of $$$ and half-assed stuff recently which is a shame.

------

Now a dream thing of mine for this would be Story designer like WWE has had last 2 years. NO not saying this is a pro or con but I really wish more fighting games had one. Basically for those that haven't seen it (most I imagine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ZRUIV9kus

that 2010, 2011 added branching stories. Now i know "lol wwe" to most here but the wwe is not the point. The mode is. And creating stories with fights and uploading them is fun. More fighters need one.

Like this one you could easily create a story like say "The X-men are sent to investigate a new group of people with great gifts to see if they are mutants. Turns out they are not they are street fighters"

With fight been : Wolverine , Storm and Phoenix vs Ryu , Chun-Li and Akuma

It's silly but it would be fun. Again not a fault of the game for NOT having one. Most don't. I just really would have loved it and it'd be a great feature.

I really like the idea of a story designer akin to the wrestling games. That's a terrific idea, Mole.

Maybe BUT it should have been in it to begin with. It feels half-assed. Now there are some good points to (one i forgot to mention was I like it when characters talk about the other universe, E.g Phoenix commenting on how similar Akuma is, Akuma commenting on he's disappointed by wolverine after he herd Apocalypse wanted him as a horseman ect..)

But yeah the stuff in new one really should be in this version. There's no excuse either. Plus Ultimate still has no Story mode from what I've read. and new mode = spectator mode. That doesn't really cover it.

Capcom has reached EA levels of $$$ and half-assed stuff recently which is a shame.

And I completely agree, but what I don't understand is that you hadn't bought the original yet, so why not just wait for the new game and save yourself the argument/trouble? I mean, me and venom could ***** about it because we had pre-ordered the game and waited in line, only for this to happen. I don't know that VM was half as angry as I was about the announcement of the new game. But honestly, all the gripes you have now were already answered over a month ago and there's still more to come. Even with the fact that you bought it for 5 euro's which is just a little more than the value of $5.00, that's still significantly less than what we paid, which was the full retail. I got $8 trade-in credits from gamestop. The gamestop guy showed me a whole box of just MVC3 saying" This is why it's wroth $8 trade-in," because everyone was trading it in. I'm not trying to devalue your opinion or anything like that, I just find it a bit odd as to why you bought this version when the new one will be $40 with more characters, modes, balancing, levels, costumes/palettes and achievements. If it helps any, I found an interesting article yesterday on Capcom's reasoning for releasing a new version, which is probably the best answers I've gotten since UMVC3's announcement.

Here's the interview/play-along

Also a taste of what to come from Tokyo Game Show

I wasn't *****ing about it. I was just giving a pro and con list and thoughts. And why not wait? £5 vs £30 and the last few capcom games been half assed maked £5 the same choice. In a few months there will probably be a Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade version or something.

Plus most of my complaints aren't addressed in new one.

I really like the idea of a story designer akin to the wrestling games. That's a terrific idea, Mole.

Thank you. I keep suggesting this mode in every fighting game now. I love it that much.

I wasn't *****ing about it. I was just giving a pro and con list and thoughts. And why not wait? £5 vs £30 and the last few capcom games been half assed maked £5 the same choice. In a few months there will probably be a Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade version or something.

Plus most of my complaints aren't addressed in new one.

Thank you. I keep suggesting this mode in every fighting game now. I love it that much.

I don't know, looking back, Capcom's tactics never stopped me from getting 4 different SFII's or the 3 Alpha's. I came to the conclusion that no matter how much I *****, and I do *****, that I'm one of those fanboys I hate and gets whatever rendition comes out next. SFIV being the complete exception.

I wrote a blog on the matter a while back addressing some issues that have yet to be met, like Marvel's lack of more, strong females heroes and a couple other things. maybe I touch up on some things you might be griping about.

Last edited:
I don't know, looking back, Capcom's tactics never stopped me from getting 4 different SFII's or the 3 Alpha's. I came to the conclusion that no matter how much I *****, and I do *****, that I'm one of those fanboys I hate and gets whatever rendition comes out next. SFIV being the complete exception.

I wrote a blog on the matter a while back addressing some issues that have yet to be met, like Marvel's lack of more, strong females heroes and a couple other things. maybe I touch up on some things you might be griping about.

Oh i did same too with SFII but the thing was with SFII it was their only way at the time. Cut to SFIV and bluray disc , DLC and more and these changes/versions are cheap and out of date with times. Next they'll make me take out the disc and blow on it for 10 minutes before it'll work just because they could during NES era

Except it's a fighting game, it's doesn't need a story mode.

Especially not the vs. series, which works because it doesn't take itself seriously.

Fighting games fans mainly care about the fighting, they'll mainly spend the entire time playing online and practicing to get better.

Also Mole, they never hinted at a story mode. Besides, most fighting game fans don't care for that, since they just care about the fighting.

Another thing Mole, what you are mistakenly referring as "Alternate costumes", are actually alternate color schemes and Chris Baker referred them as such. All fighters have that in the event of a mirror match. So i'm not sure how you confused the two.

The model changes(Or "Alternate Costumes") are the things like Cap's Super Soldier costume or Dante Sparda costume(Which are out now).

As for the roster being smaller...... You do realise MvC2 just copy pasted sprites from previous games, right? It's also why the only viable characters were the God Tier 4. With MvC3 they started from scratch.
And get your facts straight slick, it's not a step back at all. Infact it was an improvement since in MvC3 every character is viable, while in MvC2, the roster may have be large, but most of the characters were useless aside from the god tier and the game was broken to hell.

And Btw, they made an effort to avoid Pallet Swaps like War Machine, so unless they updated him with new moves, he never had a shot, same goes for Ken. They wanted the characters to stand out. So did the fans for the fans for that matter, who didn't want "Shotos". Akuma was the only exception to this rule, because of his history with the series(They got the idea for the vs. series because he was a guest fighter in X-Men: Children of the Atom) and even then, there's a bigger difference between Ryu and Akuma, then with with Ryu and Ken.

In conclusion, they didn't "give us" shotos, because no one wanted them.

Also, stuff like Ryu training or Spider-Man saving the day is a waist of money. Most fighting game fans don't care about that. Besides, the trailer cinematics did that anyway.

Last edited:
Except it's a fighting game, it's doesn't need a story mode.

Especially not the vs. series, which works because it doesn't take itself seriously.

Fighting games fans mainly care about the fighting, they'll mainly spend the entire time playing online and practicing to get better.

Also Mole, they never hinted at a story mode. Besides, most fighting game fans don't care for that, since they just care about the fighting.

I'm calling this BS right now Venom sorry. Fighting game fans don't care about story mode? So why are most saying Mortal Kombat was better? among the reasons listed Story mode was one. Dragonball z games the last one had no story mode and the new one has as people requested it so much. On sites like gamefaqs how many topics are their about story?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995375-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds?search=story

Lets also not forget Super smash bros had a big story mode that people loved.

there is around 15 pages of story. See there is 2 type of fighting game fan that your neglecting

Arcade - Yes this what capcom games usually fall under

casual - The ones who will pick up and play say SSBB but not SFIV

console - Console fighting fans want story and other features. It's one of the reasons most fighting games now have a story mode

This is Marvel vs Capcom 3 with simple controls to appeal to new and casual fans. So it's on consoles , its arcade and it's casual (my little 4 year old nephew loves it on simple controls with very easy settings he beats arcade mode easily which is a plus)

BUT as it trys to check all 3 boxes it needs to appeal to all 3. Throwing in a few "pics" here and there in gallery mode i not enough for most console fighter fans. A story is required. Even Street fighter IV knew this and had some story elements in its modes. Not much but some.

Also, stuff like Ryu training or Spider-Man saving the day is a waist of money. Most fighting game fans don't care about that.

Again the Most fighting fans? really? Then why when Mortal kombat was coming out did people ask for another "Cooking with Scorpion" type videos in Krypt as an extra? the reason is simple. Console fans love extras you can unlock now matter how much of a "waste of money" it is. and really? waste of money. Mortal Kombat on ps2 did it.

Are you saying Mortal Kombat then had more money than Marvel (now its Disney!) and Capcom! seriously. I get you don't agree and that is cool. But you can stop saying "Most fighting fans" as that's BS and defending the game as if no fault is valid. E.g from you :

the game was broken to hell.

So this one isn't broken ? Then why does Ultimate version needs to alter characters? Oh right because this one has just as many balancing issues.

Last edited:
I'm calling this BS right now Venom sorry. Fighting game fans don't care about story mode?

Yes, they don't slick. Go to any fighting game forum, and suggest this. Most of them will tell you it's a waist of time and that they should focus on the fighting, which is what matters in a fighting game. Only the casuals care for something like a story mode, not the fighting games fans(Of which there are only 2 types, Regulars and the pros).

Lets also not forget Super smash bros had a big story mode that people loved.

Hah! You clearly don't hang out in the Smash community.

Again the Most fighting fans? really?

Are you the Miz now? Yes, really. Again, no fighting game fan asked for something as useless that. All the things they asked for were gameplay related. Because what fighting game fans care for is the fighting. Is that really such hard concept for you to Grasp? Really, visit a fighting game site/forum.

Are you saying Mortal Kombat then had more money than Marvel (now its Disney!) and Capcom! seriously.

You really need to get you facts straight! First of all, you are forgetting that NetherRealm studios is now owned by Warner Bros., so they certainly are ok money wise.

MvC3 started development before the disney buyout and even then they didn't exactly had to pay for much gamewise, so i'm not sure why you bring them up. Their involvement was mainly with things dealing with their Marvel characters.

So i'm afraid this analogy of yours falls flat.

So this one isn't broken ? Then why does Ultimate version needs to alter characters?

No, it isn't broken(Certainly not to the level of MvC2). As for the tweeks in Ultimate, that had nothing to do with brokeness.

In anycase,unlike Mvc2 which only a handful were viable, here everyone is viable.

Last edited:
Maybe if fighting games had story modes they'd be able to pull other people in then the hardcore fighting gamers. So totally agreed with Mole here seeing as Super Smash Melee and Brawl are the last two fighting games I actually enjoyed. I mean Mortal Kombat vs DC even had a bit of a story end keeping me entertained for awhile.

You really need to get you facts straight! First of all, you are forgetting that NetherRealm studios is now owned by Warner Bros., so they certainly are ok money wise.

As do you, because I said Mortal Kombat on ps2 did it. The cooking with scorpion was from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (ps2) 2002 when it was Midway. NetherRealm Studios was founded 8 years after.

[video=youtube;AacOFyLI0z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacOFyLI0z0[/video]

Still awesome.

As for
Go to any fighting game forum, and suggest this. Most of them will tell you it's a waist of time and that they should focus on the fighting, which is what matters in a fighting game. Only the casuals care for something like a story mode,

I already made my point with this. And Smash brothers was not my only example. I used current Mortal Kombat as an example. Story mode , Arcade mode , Extras , real dlc and more. That's why it's a better a game.

Again :

Me said:
This is Marvel vs Capcom 3 with simple controls to appeal to new and casual fans. So it's on consoles , its arcade and it's casual (my little 4 year old nephew loves it on simple controls with very easy settings he beats arcade mode easily which is a plus)

BUT as it trys to check all 3 boxes it needs to appeal to all 3. Throwing in a few "pics" here and there in gallery mode i not enough for most console fighter fans. A story is required. Even Street fighter IV knew this and had some story elements in its modes. Not much but some.

So it's cool and all you don't want a story mode. But you need to remember a lot do too.

As do you, because I said Mortal Kombat on ps2 did it. The cooking with scorpion was from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (ps2) 2002 when it was Midway

That's not what you said at all, but hey, keep moving the goal post. Also, Deadly Alliance wasn't very good. So you aren't helping your case either way.

I already made my point with this.

Actually, you made no point all. Aside from proving that you don't know anything about the fighting game community.

So it's cool and all you don't want a story mode. But you need to remember a lot do too.

Actually, no. You need to remember that most don't.

Again, go to to a fighting game forum. Most in the Fighting game community see a "Story mode" as waste and think that the developers should focus on the fighting and gameplay, which is what matters in a fighting game. Most Fighting games usually spend their time getting better and fighting others online.
Actually learn of the fighting game circles next slick.

But Gemini's right. And it's clear this isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I swear if there's no Fighting Arcade mode in Mass Effect 3 there'll be hell to pay!

Latest posts

Back