Marvel vs Capcom 3

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Iron Fist Vignette
[video=youtube;sn8nNdaH2rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8nNdaH2rk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Vergil Vignette
[video=youtube;8zS3DpnJC9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zS3DpnJC9Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Also, it has been revealed that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be coming out for the Playstation Vita as well.

As do you, because I said Mortal Kombat on ps2 did it.

That's not what you said at all, but hey, keep moving the goal post.

Really? because :

Again the Most fighting fans? really? Then why when Mortal kombat was coming out did people ask for another "Cooking with Scorpion" type videos in Krypt as an extra? the reason is simple. Console fans love extras you can unlock now matter how much of a "waste of money" it is. and really? waste of money. Mortal Kombat on ps2 did it.

Are you saying Mortal Kombat then had more money than Marvel (now its Disney!) and Capcom! seriously. I get you don't agree and that is cool. But you can stop saying "Most fighting fans" as that's BS and defending the game as if no fault is valid.

That's what I said word for word

Also, Deadly Alliance wasn't very good. So you aren't helping your case either way.

Neither is this. Though I will say MvC 3 > MKDA they are both still bad games.

And yes Gemini's right let's let it go neither will agree.

I was about to step in to say, "Calm it down a little" but I don't even need to do that. Well done to Mole and Venom for calming themselves down. Kudos.

Last edited:

More Iron Fist Gameplay!

[video=youtube;SDPriEHpNNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPriEHpNNc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The aura stuff is a bonus. The real reason to do it is for the Bruce Lee aaaooooow!

I was about to step in to say, "Calm it down a little" but I don't even need to do that. Well done to Mole and Venom for calming themselves down. Kudos.

Dude that was all me, where's MY kudos for doing YOUR job :p

Iron Fist looks boss, Virgil's pretty cool too

Not to dredge up a dead argument but MKDA was far from a bad game, it's very dated and the subsequent sequels have tarnished peoples opinions of that game, but it was received very well, and it was by far one of the most creative MK games ever, and easily one of the most playable. But this is a debate for another thread so I digress.

Last edited:
I found a new character in Iron Fist. He's everything I imagined and more! I love Vergil's LVL3. It looks extremely similar to Dante's Lucifer weapon.

You know I see your point Mole, but honestly, Capcom, and even the new MK, Blazblue2 and Tekken six games, make tons of dough from having their games hosted at tournaments like EVO and such, where story doesn't matter. With that in mind, many devs, like Seth Killian who is a Capcom gamer legend, mainly put focus on gameplay and how it plays, glitches, dhc, balancing and so forth. All this eventually leads to how the game will play in tournaments and if there will be enough support for the games success. That's why games like Smash bros, naruto and whatever DBZ incarnation there is, all games with fun/enjoyable story modes, will never be considered for tournaments. So there's a lot more to think about from Capcom's perspective. If Capcom focused more on story, the games mechanics would more than likely have suffered or the game would have been delayed. This year's EVO was the biggest turn out yet, which I'm sure I helped pop some of the board members EVO cherries by exposing you to it. It's my belief that Capcom rushed to get the game out in time for it to be considered for EVO 2011 since so many people had been ready to retire MVC2 last year.

just take a peek at shoryuken forums or capcom unity. Even the MVC3 facebook forums. Everyone there talks more about gameplay, tips/tricks and upcoming tournaments than story mode. If anything, Capcom is only guilty of being loyal to hits hardcore fanbase while trying to dumb down a genre to cash in on casual fans.

Especially with the way these types of games are set up, it's hard to pull off a decent story mode. Namco/Bandai tried it with Tekken 6 and it was enjoyable, but it's still severely lacking. The story is jumbled, the fighting mechanics don't translate well to the 'Streets of Rage' atmosphere that was created and the armor system is too complicated for it's own good. Soul Calibur 4 pulled it off a little better, but it plays more like a simple role playing game without the feeling that you're actully anyone important to the actual story at hand. Even with that, the bulk of the story, like all fighting games, is told through arcade mode with pre-arranged fights and personal prologues and epilogues once you beat arcade mode with each character. MVC3 does the same thing. Smash bros did the same thing as well, but instead had lengthy cut scenes for every newcomer you encountered. And again, the fighting mechanics didn't translate well into the 'Streets of Rage' action.

And what the hell is wrong with this board? I can't remember the last time anybody trolled enough to get banned.

Well done to Mole and Venom for calming themselves down. Kudos.

Ohhhhhhh Kudos!

I just phoned asda and asked "Hi do you accept Kudos in store in exchange for goods" I think their phone was broken as it went dead. So if not asda then what shop can I spend that in?

Or is Bass's kudos the same as Bass's posts? Pointless, over-hyped, worthless, nothingness? (too harsh? :p)

Ohhhhhhh Kudos!

I just phoned asda and asked "Hi do you accept Kudos in store in exchange for goods" I think their phone was broken as it went dead. So if not asda then what shop can I spend that in?

Or is Bass's kudos the same as Bass's posts? Pointless, over-hyped, worthless, nothingness? (too harsh? :p)

I clearly used my yo' mamma retort too early. But in truth, there is no yo' mamma to comeback from such a savaging. *clap clap clap*

I found a new character in Iron Fist. He's everything I imagined and more! I love Vergil's LVL3. It looks extremely similar to Dante's Lucifer weapon.

You know I see your point Mole, but honestly, Capcom, and even the new MK, Blazblue2 and Tekken six games, make tons of dough from having their games hosted at tournaments like EVO and such, where story doesn't matter. With that in mind, many devs, like Seth Killian who is a Capcom gamer legend, mainly put focus on gameplay and how it plays, glitches, dhc, balancing and so forth. All this eventually leads to how the game will play in tournaments and if there will be enough support for the games success. That's why games like Smash bros, naruto and whatever DBZ incarnation there is, all games with fun/enjoyable story modes, will never be considered for tournaments. So there's a lot more to think about from Capcom's perspective. If Capcom focused more on story, the games mechanics would more than likely have suffered or the game would have been delayed. This year's EVO was the biggest turn out yet, which I'm sure I helped pop some of the board members EVO cherries by exposing you to it. It's my belief that Capcom rushed to get the game out in time for it to be considered for EVO 2011 since so many people had been ready to retire MVC2 last year.

just take a peek at shoryuken forums or capcom unity. Even the MVC3 facebook forums. Everyone there talks more about gameplay, tips/tricks and upcoming tournaments than story mode. If anything, Capcom is only guilty of being loyal to hits hardcore fanbase while trying to dumb down a genre to cash in on casual fans.

Especially with the way these types of games are set up, it's hard to pull off a decent story mode. Namco/Bandai tried it with Tekken 6 and it was enjoyable, but it's still severely lacking. The story is jumbled, the fighting mechanics don't translate well to the 'Streets of Rage' atmosphere that was created and the armor system is too complicated for it's own good. Soul Calibur 4 pulled it off a little better, but it plays more like a simple role playing game without the feeling that you're actully anyone important to the actual story at hand. Even with that, the bulk of the story, like all fighting games, is told through arcade mode with pre-arranged fights and personal prologues and epilogues once you beat arcade mode with each character. MVC3 does the same thing. Smash bros did the same thing as well, but instead had lengthy cut scenes for every newcomer you encountered. And again, the fighting mechanics didn't translate well into the 'Streets of Rage' action.

And what the hell is wrong with this board? I can't remember the last time anybody trolled enough to get banned.

Pretty much. Besides, you can't really make a story work in the Vs. series anyway and still have its over the top charm.

But anyway, Vergil is looking great and Iron Fist looks badass.

I hope Iron Fist has Orson Randall as an alt.

I clearly used my yo' mamma retort too early. But in truth, there is no yo' mamma to comeback from such a savaging. *clap clap clap*

Now I feel bad:( Mole:heart:Bass!

New cover art.

15_cover01.jpg

What happend to the Ultimate thread btw?

I was looking at the new palette swaps for Thor today and one was modeled after the ultimate Thor colors. This got me thinking of how awesome an Ultimate Thor alt would be in this game. I honestly don't understand the exposed Steve Rogers looked when everyone was clamoring for the 1942 look. An Orson Randall Alt would be badass with 2 M1911's in his holster. Also for Ameterasu, how fun would Mega Man's dog as an alt be?

Latest posts

Back