Marvel: Your Universe Thread

There's a Captain America movie coming out when the book relaunches that takes place during WWII. Coincidence?!

Not only that but if you've read any of Bru's Cap you'll see there are TONS of parallels between what's going on "now" and what happened then. Kind of a recurring theme and main feature of the run.

Is anyone else reading the Silver Surfer mini by Greg Pak? The art's not great but it's kind of interesting. Surfer gets stuck on Earth and the High Evolutionary takes his cosmic power away, so he's just a bald human-y guy. He's remembering what it's like to feel and breathe and whatnot. Not great, but interesting; I'm not sure if anyone has gone in this direction with him.

I'm not either sure anyone else has either.

I am reading it, and I like how the High Evolutionary (who never seems to be a good or bad guy, which I love about him) used the power cosmic.

Last edited:
So, does anyone feel like this event season is even more crazy for Marvel than usual? It seems like everything except enough books to count on one hand are tied to Fear Itself, Return to Spider-Man Island (heh), or Death of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Overkill, right?

Did anyone else read the 5 issue miniseries Astonishing Thor? I just finished it and really enjoyed it - well done with some cool concepts, and it was interesting to actually read a comic with some of the cosmic characters I've never seen in a book, only seen on those old Marvel trading cards.

1925721-cablereborn_super.jpg

unfortunately it's written by Jeph Loeb.

Latest posts

Back