Marvel: Your Universe Thread

Coming in December:

4e736c03b0f67.jpg

Last edited:
Blech - those covers are terrible.

And let me be the first to welcome back Johnny Storm.

I'm pretty sure that's Franklin.

I know that's Franklin on that FF cover, but I think it's a pretty good guess that Fantastic Four "comes back" because Johnny does.

Stoked on Defenders, anybody else? (though the notion that Ant-Man might not be Eric O'Grady has me steamed, O'Grady rocks my socks SLAYING MANTIS)

but somethings been bugging me about Doc Stranges new look seen here

docstrange.jpg

isn't it awfully similar to everybodies favorite space wizard Adam Warlock? (though I guess he is dead (sorta))
adamwarlock.jpg

Stoked on Defenders, anybody else? (though the notion that Ant-Man might not be Eric O'Grady has me steamed, O'Grady rocks my socks SLAYING MANTIS)

but somethings been bugging me about Doc Stranges new look seen here

docstrange.jpg

isn't it awfully similar to everybodies favorite space wizard Adam Warlock? (though I guess he is dead (sorta))
adamwarlock.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Strange's new look. A little too "hip" for my tastes, maybe? It looks like sort of a cross between kung fu togs and a superhero suit. I like my Strange to be kind of anachronistic, steeped in that sixties psych style, and this is clearly the exact opposite of that. Then again, I prefer for my Strange to not be a superhero, and this is clearly a superhero book, so as far as fitting into that whole genre, it's a decent look.

And yes. Defenders will rock all the socks in the world.

As far as O'Grady goes.... Bad news.... I'm not sure if you heard, but an upcoming plot for either Defenders or Secret Avengers (pretty sure it's Defenders. Like, 80% sure) is going to deal with his corpse being found in the jaws of a prehistoric fossil and them trying to piece together how he got there.

What's with the trend among the Big Two where they feel compelled to kill off their interesting new little people in favor of their boring old little people?

It's Defenders, and Namor finds the T-Rex skeleton, I don't mind knowing that the characters going to die, as long as it's not in like six issues or something, the path there is whats going to be interesting. Fraction hinted that it could be a new guy, also I havent been following Childrens Crusade is Scott Lang alive again?

I'm still not sure about Stranges look either, It's a good look, but I really think they should have sticked with the blue demon on the shirt

Guys, do we seriously not have a thread for Fear Itself? Did we think that little of it or are we just that lazy?

Guys, do we seriously not have a thread for Fear Itself? Did we think that little of it or are we just that lazy?

I'm pretty sure there was a thread for it somewhere...

Regardless, I liked most of Fear Itself. It was definitely an improvement over Siege and Secret Invasion.

Here it is. You were the one who started it!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there was a thread for it somewhere...

Regardless, I liked most of Fear Itself. It was definitely an improvement over Secret Invasion.

I was looking for the thread to see what people thought of The Fearless compared to Fear Itself. I liked Fear Itself too but The Fearless is just totally boring. I can't make myself care about Valkyrie as a main character and wasn't the whole point of Fear Itself to contain or eliminate the hammers? Why do they still have to go after them?

But yeah, Fear Itself was one of the better events Marvel has done recently.

Also, is anyone reading Villains for Hire? Basically its a villain version of Heroes for Hire run by Purple Man using a bunch of absolute nobodies. Interesting concept, but the supporting cast is just completely uninteresting.

I love good stuff. I can't wait to read it!

Ultimate Houde said:
Best Review Ever.

I was always a fan of his "it's heavy." I can't remember what that was for.

I'm finding the Marvel U reaaaaaaly hard to get interested in at the moment. I'm reading mostly 'fringe' books like Villains for Hire, Punisher and so on. Also, a lot of their titles I dropped due to the $3.9US cover price (which is considerably more here in Australia), although some of those, such as Defenders, I've been getting digitally.

I have to say though that a big reason for my anti-Marveling at the moment is due to Bendis. Yes, his early Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers stuff was good, but I'm just tired of the way he writes. Seeing his name on a book now is a turn off straight away. I hate how he writes every character the same. Jessica Drew does NOT talk like Peter Parker. They both happen to have Spider aliases, that doesn't mean they are the same person. I'd love to read some Avengers, but Bendis and the price is keeping me away. I even dropped Amazing Spidey - my favourite Marvel book at the time - due to the ridiculous cost/ page count combination (although I'll be getting it in trade).

It sucks, but Marvel hasn't really isn't doing it for me since Fear Itself. I really hope that after AvsX things make a turn for the better.

Latest posts

Back