Marvel: Your Universe Thread

So, I was flipping through War Machine, and it turns out he had all his limbs blown off and he's really just a torso attached to a robot body.
What the **** is up with black soldiers getting all mangled and **** and turned into robots? Why does that always happen to them?

When did he become Cyborg?

I seen him in one piece piloting those O*N*E Sentinels and the next time I see him he looks like that?

So, I was flipping through War Machine, and it turns out he had all his limbs blown off and he's really just a torso attached to a robot body.
What the **** is up with black soldiers getting all mangled and **** and turned into robots? Why does that always happen to them?

They haven't explained it yet, and when I was reading I was thinking this could have just as easily been a Deathlok series

it's still good though

when Rhodes fused himself with that tank I was like "WHAT"

When did he become Cyborg?

I seen him in one piece piloting those O*N*E Sentinels and the next time I see him he looks like that?

The first time he appeared like that was one of the early issues of A:TI then Gage wrote him in SI, and now he's like this

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked him better when he was played by Jett Jackson on Smallville.

Its an attempt to improve international relations between America and the Middle East.

The average Middle-Easterner feels safer around the Robo-American international peacekeeper than around African-Americans.

A teaser image for Amazing Spider-Man #595:

ASM595019.jpg

Of course, as Spider-fans know, that issue kicks off the five-part "American Son" storyline, which clearly, involved the Osborns.

OMG not only have they erased his past but now they have erased his colour! Those bastards

OMG not only have they erased his past but now they have erased his colour! Those bastards

It's what happens when you make a deal with the devil and don't read the fine print.

Joe Quesada just asked why some people think of comics as lesser mediums than movies and novels. Is he really asking that? He's the one that enforces ****ty stories like One More Day and the massive events which interrupt the writers' own stories. He allows writers who haven't written comics before to just come in and attempt to write a big book, even if they haven't researched the damn character!

Also, he's talking about how comics can be adapted to Broadway and that the Spider-Man musical is going to be a hit because of Bono and Edge.

Last edited:
Also, he's talking about how comics can be adapted to Broadway and that the Spider-Man musical is going to be a hit because of Bono and Edge.

Yeah, his Twitter posts have been hilarious of late.

X-Men: Origins - Gambit #1 coming in June by Mike Carey, and David Yardin

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.7305.X-Men_Origins~colon~_Gambit_Coming_in_June

looks pretty cool, thats a pretty impressive new style from Yardin there.

Also a mini called "The Sinister Spider-Man" is coming in June, starring Mac Gargan as "Dark Spider-Man", no word on who'll be writing it, though I'd peg it to be Zeb Wells, covers by Deodato

Last edited:
Apparently Jeph Loeb's Hulk is crossing over with some team of hand picked mutants later this year

wich probably means X-Force

god damnit

Question, I know it's been referenced in different books in the past, but who's the canon costume maker in 616?

Mark Millar's dream teams:

AMAZING SPIDEY: Bendis and Quesada
CAP: Garth and Cassaday
IRON MAN: Millar and McNiven
THOR: Hickman and Hitch
HULK: Jason Aaron and Jae Lee
AVENGERS: Millar and Leinil
FANTASTIC FOUR: Warren and Quitely
X-MEN: Alan Moore and Travis
DD: Miller and Sienkiewicz

I'd totally want to see all these teams, too.

Mark Millar's dream teams:

Houde presents HOUDE-ATARY!

Houde-atary is copyrighted and trademarked by VVDoom Corp.

AMAZING SPIDEY: Bendis and Quesada

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Brown nosing.

CAP: Garth and Cassaday

HAHAHAH! I can see it now, Captain America becoming a Western with increased amounts of gore and violence because of the shocks!

IRON MAN: Millar and McNiven

Marvel, this is what I want to write. Please let me!

THOR: Hickman and Hitch

I honestly have no idea why someone who is good with government conspiracies and covers ups and all that would be good with Thor.

HULK: Jason Aaron and Jae Lee

Anything is better than Loeb.

AVENGERS: Millar and Leinil

Marvel, can I write this too? PLEASE!

FANTASTIC FOUR: Warren and Quitely

Warren is better suited to new stuff. I have a feeling he would rape the family aspect of these characters.

X-MEN: Alan Moore and Travis

Speaking of rape.

DD: Miller and Sienkiewicz

Totally would love to see Sin City in Marvel U as well.

The preceeding was brought to you by Houde-atary, and does not reflect the views of the poster, the website, or Smackbomb.com

Sit Ubu sit.

Good dog.

Latest posts

Back