Marvel: Your Universe Thread

I assume that this may be the best place to put this, because it is several announcements pertanent to various books

The fallout of Secret Invasion will introduce a special "Dark Reign" trade dress event ala Decimation, Aftersmash, The Initiative, etc. I assume this is hinting at the Illuminaughty taking control of the world or something

Mighty Avengers will be cancelled with #20 and a new "Dark Avengers" books will be launched drawn by Mike Deodato Jr.

Spider-Woman is still in the works

Powers T.V. show is on the way apparently

Ultimate Avengers by Mark Millar will be released in early 2009

Amazing Spider-Man #600 will reveal what really happened at the Peter/MJ wedding

A new line has been announced dubbed "Marvel Noir" which is what those Black & White images were, the launch title will involve the X-Men, a Spider-Man and various other characters being used further down the line

Linkage:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080909-marvel-diamond-summit.html

Dark Avengers? seriously? okay then.

Can't wait for Noir Variants!

Dark Reign? What? What's all this Illuminaughty stuff?

Dark Avengers? :lol:

Mark Millar's Ultimate Avengers? That's pretty lame. I was hoping for something more exciting.

Marvel Noir. Okay.

Apparently Mighty Avengers isn't ending, it's just the last issue Bendis is writing. I guess there'll be three Avengers ongoings.

Last edited:
Dark Reign? What? What's all this Illuminaughty stuff?
remember that image from one of the cons featuring, Doom, Namor, Loki, Emma Frost, The Hood, and a couple other people?

the interim name of that grouping has been the Illuminaughty on IGN and 'Rama

Apparently Mighty Avengers isn't ending, it's just the last issue Bendis is writing. I guess there'll be three Avengers ongoings.

More specifically Bendis went on to say the post-Invasion Marvel Universe will feature a complete change in his Avengers family of titles, including the cancellation of Mighty Avengers with issue #20 and the launch of a new title Dark Avengers, with art by Mike Deodato.

Looks like it is going to be cancelled.

remember that image from one of the cons featuring, Doom, Namor, Loki, Emma Frost, The Hood, and a couple other people?
I don't remember seeing said image...

Can you find it?

I'm interested in the Marvel Noir line. It can be good. I hope Iceman is in it for the X-Men. :D

Dark Avengers? Alrighty then...

I should've guessed they would reveal the whole Peter/MJ not getting married thing with a milestone issue. Makes sense.

If Mike Deodato Jr. will be doing Dark Avengers, who will take over Wolverine: Origins? Oh, that's right.I don't care.

Ultimate Avengers by Millar - a.k.a. Marvel figured out they ****ed up with U3.

I don't remember seeing said image...

Can you find it?

If Mike Deodato Jr. will be doing Dark Avengers, who will take over Wolverine: Origins? Oh, that's right.I don't care.

image.php

Deodato is actually surprisingly quick, the delays in T-Bolts were actually Ellis's fault and not his, I imagine he could keep up two series for a littlewhile. and Deodato is probably only going to do the first arc of this "Dark Avengers"

the interim name of that grouping has been the Illuminaughty on IGN and 'Rama

Looks like it is going to be cancelled.

McCann said that was a mistake and that it's not cancelled.

And that image is pretty cool.

Deodato is actually surprisingly quick, the delays in T-Bolts were actually Ellis's fault and not his, I imagine he could keep up two series for a littlewhile. and Deodato is probably only going to do the first arc of this "Dark Avengers"
I love Ellis, but that fella blames everyone but himself for his late comics.

Ah, yes. I remember now. Thanks.

I like Deodato (even met and took a picture with him in Philly 06).

image.php

I never seen that before. This might actually be an event worth getting excited for.

Following the success of "The Invincible Iron Man", Marvel will introduce a new Wolverine title to coincide with the release of the movie next Summer.

How many is that now? :lol:

Brian Michael Bendis then explained what was planned once "Secret Invasion" finished. Starting in December, Dark Reign, written by Bendis and illustrated by Alex Maleev will continue the events currently taking place in Secret Invasion. A special "Secret Invasion Dark Reign" one-shot will bridge the gap between the two series. Mighty Avengers #20 will be Bendis' last issue, as he will begin writing "Dark Avengers" the next month, with art by Mike Deodato. Bendis and Maleev will also team to present a new Spider-Woman series. Because of secrecy regarding the ending of Secret Invasion, Marvel will print a special "Dark Reign" edition of Previews which will present all of the redacted information from previous issues. Bendis reiterated that contrary to rumors, Ultimate Spider-Man will continue, and that readers can expect the return of the creepy Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde, and Gwen Stacy. The Ultimate Spider-Man Annual will deal with Peter Parker's virginity, and the introduction of Ultimate Mysterio, although Bendis was coy about how the latter affects the former.

So much darkness.

I'm only really excited for Jessica Drew to come back to USM. She was the best thing to come out of the Clone Saga.

UltimateSpider-Man13.jpg

And more Fraction written Thor One-Shots. Those are always wicked.

Last edited:
I laugh at these ridiculous "He Loves You" Skrull things on all of Marvel's covers. They make me want to listen to The Beatles, not read Secret Invasion.

I laugh at these ridiculous "He Loves You" Skrull things on all of Marvel's covers. They make me want to listen to The Beatles, not read Secret Invasion.

Yeah.

I still think it's stupid that all the Skrulls needed to kick Earth's *** was religous motivation.

Latest posts

Back