Marvel Zombies Future.

the watcher

Since we're kinda on the zombie subject and Krikman left a openning for Marvel to continue on with Marvel Zombies. What would you like them to do with them if they continue on?

What Universe do you want them to show up in? (I.E. team up with DC and have a Mavel Zombies vs. DC Zombies, Marvel Zomibes vs. MC2 Zombies, Marvel Zomibes vs. Supreme Zombies, or Marvel Zombies vs. some of the other comic book company characters.)

Re: Marvel Zombie's Future.

Enough.

No more Zombies, it's high time we move on.Marvel Vampires it's where it's at.

I want them to restart the virus in a new universe, and have a monthly series. The first 50 issues could take place in the first week after the virus hits. Some of the drama is in 'who gets it' and 'how'.

Really.

Oh - and I like how MZ2 had a mini Civil War, a mini WWH (issue 5), and a 'new Cap' - ALL current Marvel events.

Last edited by a moderator:

I want them to restart the virus in a new universe, and have a monthly series. The first 50 issues could take place in the first week after the virus hits. Some of the drama is in 'who gets it' and 'how'.

Really.

Oh - and I like how MZ2 had a mini Civil War, a mini WWH (issue 5), and a 'new Cap' - ALL current Marvel events.

I really like the idea. You take a relatively mainline version of the Marvel Universe, either one where the superhero presence is a mainline of what heroes in the real world would be like or a big Silver Agey version of the MU, and then you just tell a perfectly straight story of what happens after. as an ongoing. I think it would be brilliant.

I think that would be a *****in' idea for a weekly title.

Last edited:

The insane sales figures of anything with the Marvel Zombies name on it pretty much ensures future Marvel Zombies titles. Marvel Zombies 3 is pretty much a given, and other spin-off or crossover titles are probably a safe bet too. Marvel is in it for the money after all, and the easy money on the established variant covers of the MZ books and multiple printings of both the issues and trades means Marvel will milk this cash cow for all its worth. Its just a matter of getting the creative powers that be to work on MZ3 (which I'm sure will be announced over the summer con season), hyping it a bit, releasing it, and cashing the check.

And I'll gladly pay the $3 an issue or $20 for the trades. I enjoy the MZ tales.

There's really only one more thing they can do with Marvel Zombies.

Marvel Zombies vs DC Zombies.

I don't have any commercially viable ideas about what they could do next, really.

But I *did* use the idea of a fast spreading zombie virus being passed from one alternate reality to another as the grand threat to be averted, in my proposal for a miniseries featuring a new Amalgam universe, last year.

I'd love to see a Marvel Zombies/DC crossover, or a Marvel Zombies prequel (without Ash from Army of Darkness) since they never really explained where Zombie Sentry came from or how he became a zombie in the first place. Some sort of Zombie Secret Wars would be amusing, too. Instead of the Beyonder finding a world full of heroes, he finds a world full of zombies, that sort of thing. That would change the dynamic of that particular storyline.

A Giant Size Zombie Man-Thing one-shot would be a lot of fun, too.

Latest posts

Back