Mass Effect 2

I think the thing about Mass Effect 1->2 is kind of a double edged sword. Seeing the results of actions I took in the first game were a huge part of my enjoyment of the second. But from a game play perspective, the sequel is better than the first in practically every conceivable way. I had trouble getting into ME1 the first time and when I went back to playing it after having played ME2, the flaws were very noticeable. I could see someone losing interest in ME1 and not playing the sequel as a result, and that would be a real shame.

In related news, all the major ME2 DLC packs are 2.50 a pop on XBox Live, today only...... When I saw that, I realized if I want a custom character for ME3, I'm going to have to play through both of the old games again, because all my save data was on my old 360 drive, and the new consoles don't have an output for that device. :( I'm trying to decide if it will be worth the effort.

I think the thing about Mass Effect 1->2 is kind of a double edged sword. Seeing the results of actions I took in the first game were a huge part of my enjoyment of the second. But from a game play perspective, the sequel is better than the first in practically every conceivable way. I had trouble getting into ME1 the first time and when I went back to playing it after having played ME2, the flaws were very noticeable. I could see someone losing interest in ME1 and not playing the sequel as a result, and that would be a real shame.

In related news, all the major ME2 DLC packs are 2.50 a pop on XBox Live, today only...... When I saw that, I realized if I want a custom character for ME3, I'm going to have to play through both of the old games again, because all my save data was on my old 360 drive, and the new consoles don't have an output for that device. :( I'm trying to decide if it will be worth the effort.

Do you have the new 250GB Xbox with the internal hard drive? If thats the case, you can still transfer your save data (if you still have the hard drive from your old Xbox). There's a wire Microsoft sells which attaches to the data port on the old hard drive unit on one end and into the controller port on the other end. Just plug this in, turn on your new Xbox, and it transfers everything, including all the Saved game files (and profiles, videos, music, etc). They're like $15-20 bucks. If it was just your old Xbox that was broken and the hard drive is still working, this should solve your problem.

Here's a link: Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, you're screwed.

Last edited:
Do you have the new 250GB Xbox with the internal hard drive? If thats the case, you can still transfer your save data (if you still have the hard drive from your old Xbox). There's a wire Microsoft sells which attaches to the data port on the old hard drive unit on one end and into the controller port on the other end. Just plug this in, turn on your new Xbox, and it transfers everything, including all the Saved game files (and profiles, videos, music, etc). They're like $15-20 bucks. If it was just your old Xbox that was broken and the hard drive is still working, this should solve your problem.

Here's a link: Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, you're screwed.

I knew such things existed, but I figured they were more expensive.

Still... I'd rather not throw MS more money for making ****ty hardware.

I knew such things existed, but I figured they were more expensive.

Still... I'd rather not throw MS more money for making ****ty hardware.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

While I agree with the sentiment, I think we can both agree that logic dictates a $15-20 price tag to preserve all those ME games (as well as all your other Saved stuff) probably warrants it.

And if you're still that damn stubborn, I suppose I can just mail you mine to use (as long as you mail it back). That way you'll only have to spend a few bucks on shipping. PM me if you'd prefer that.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

While I agree with the sentiment, I think we can both agree that logic dictates a $15-20 price tag to preserve all those ME games (as well as all your other Saved stuff) probably warrants it.

And if you're still that damn stubborn, I suppose I can just mail you mine to use (as long as you mail it back). That way you'll only have to spend a few bucks on shipping. PM me if you'd prefer that.

I'll probably crack and get one eventually.

no, get a ps3.

I second this.

:roll:

Please. Like I can afford that.

I got this yesterday :D

Now as someone who doesn't own Mass Effect, but Always wanted to. I feel the interactive comic at the start of Mass Effect 2 did a fantastic job of catching us up. I feel I know what brought the characters to where they are now. I remember choices I made during it.

Game play wise it's great, Plays sort of like KOTOR meets Battlefront. Just not star wars. The controls are easy to get to use and I love the choices you get make too. Overall the story is nothing new but the dialogue and the characters make great and fun.

Oh and I use Blood Dragon Armour. Looks cool.

Mass Effect 2 on ps3 is great. Anyone not buying as ps3 has no Mass Effect 1 don't worry you don't need it. Get it it's worth it.

I got this yesterday :D

Now as someone who doesn't own Mass Effect, but Always wanted to. I feel the interactive comic at the start of Mass Effect 2 did a fantastic job of catching us up. I feel I know what brought the characters to where they are now. I remember choices I made during it.

Game play wise it's great, Plays sort of like KOTOR meets Battlefront. Just not star wars. The controls are easy to get to use and I love the choices you get make too. Overall the story is nothing new but the dialogue and the characters make great and fun.

Oh and I use Blood Dragon Armour. Looks cool.

Mass Effect 2 on ps3 is great. Anyone not buying as ps3 has no Mass Effect 1 don't worry you don't need it. Get it it's worth it.

I'm so glad you played this. The Mass Effect games are something every gamer should play.

But one thing...the comic by no means compares to the actual gameplay experience of ME1. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It is a nice substitution for PS3 players, but its a lesser ME experience without playing the actual first game.

SUCK ON THAT PS3ers!!!!

j/k

I'm so glad you played this. The Mass Effect games are something every gamer should play.

But one thing...the comic by no means compares to the actual gameplay experience of ME1. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It is a nice substitution for PS3 players, but its a lesser ME experience without playing the actual first game.

SUCK ON THAT PS3ers!!!!

j/k

Really? I tried playing back through ME to make a different character and found it to be kind of a chore. I really would have liked some equivalent to what the PS3 owners had so I wouldn't have to play all the way through an inferior game to have a fresh experience in ME2.

Really? I tried playing back through ME to make a different character and found it to be kind of a chore. I really would have liked some equivalent to what the PS3 owners had so I wouldn't have to play all the way through an inferior game to have a fresh experience in ME2.

I was making fun of the forum goers on the Bioware boards with that last post. There's a huge division over there (Xbox 360 vs PS3) in terms of Mass Effect 2.

That said, if you've never played ME1 at all (as opposed to you, who has played it already on the 360), I would argue that no, the comic doesn't compare. It is a nice alternative since ME1 can't be released on PS3, but it doesn't carry over a number of smaller decisions that you could make in the ME1 game, but not in the limited comic.

That said, I'm looking forward for the comic to come out for 360 merely so I can choose a different path (renegade) without having to replay ME1 again. After playing it a couple times, it can be a chore, I'm with you there.

Speaking of ME2, looks like there might finally be some new DLC on the way called "Arrival".

Last edited:
I have completed it :D Yay me. The ending I got is :

Only 4 team mates died.

*Jack died first (I expected her to die or betray me as despite doing her loyalty mission she was normal as I sided with Miranda in their fight.)
*Next Thane , then Tali. (didn't expect them as everyone besides Jack = Loyal so I assumed they'd live. And damn they died just random blasts too.)
*Finally Mordin (His death was awesome and kinda funny. He was shooting a door and was shot in face. )

We all survived and I killed the final boss.

I LOVED the last mission. It just felt so huge and important. I was worried it might be anti-climactic. But no the end mission was just done so great. I know most here have played but still I hadn't. Play time total : 29 hours : 35 Minutes :oops:

Now I can't wait for Mass effect 3 on ps3 (Suck it DIrishB :p )

Now all in all here are my pros and cons in Mass Effect 2.

+ the different types of missions
+ The end is not let down like some games
+ Each team members loyalty missions added depth to them

- DLC Armour wont let you customise helmets ect..
- A couple of annoying parts (not many) mostly missions involving waves.
- Sidekicks didn't interact as well as other games (like Dragon age origins)

All in all awesome ps3 game.

Last edited:
I'm definitely buying this when I'm not poor and I don't have 300 other PS3 games to play.

I have completed it :D Yay me. The ending I got is :

Only 4 team mates died.

*Jack died first (I expected her to die or betray me as despite doing her loyalty mission she was normal as I sided with Miranda in their fight.)
*Next Thane , then Tali. (didn't expect them as everyone besides Jack = Loyal so I assumed they'd live. And damn they died just random blasts too.)
*Finally Mordin (His death was awesome and kinda funny. He was shooting a door and was shot in face. )

We all survived and I killed the final boss.

Yeah, my first few times I had one or two die each time. I went back and re-played the final mission and finally got through it with all team members surviving. It can be hard, since you have to upgrade the ship fully, do all the Loyalty missions for the crew, and choose the right crew member for the right jobs on the Collector base. Luckily I'm anal retentive when it comes to playing Bioware games, so I played it to 100%. Course, my play time was about double yours, 65 hours I think. But that included all the DLC stuff as well.

I LOVED the last mission. It just felt so huge and important. I was worried it might be anti-climactic. But no the end mission was just done so great. I know most here have played but still I hadn't. Play time total : 29 hours : 35 Minutes :oops:

Now I can't wait for Mass effect 3 on ps3 (Suck it DIrishB :p )

Definitely check out the extra missions. I don't know for sure, but I think the PS3 version already had a bunch of the released DLC included. The Lair of the Shadow Broker is awesome since it reunites you with Liara (the blue alien you hook up with in the first game). Plus there's a cool hover-car chase (reminiscent of Star Wars, Episode II) and a nice resolution to the love interest plot line. Most of the other DLC is well worth playing as well.

Now all in all here are my pros and cons in Mass Effect 2.

+ the different types of missions
+ The end is not let down like some games
+ Each team members loyalty missions added depth to them

- DLC Armour wont let you customise helmets ect..
- A couple of annoying parts (not many) mostly missions involving waves.
- Sidekicks didn't interact as well as other games (like Dragon age origins)

All in all awesome ps3 game.

So glad you liked it. Keep in mind, there's a new DLC for it called Arrival which acts as a prologue to ME3. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but probably we'll get more info after DA2 is released, late March or early April probably.

I completed the DLC during play :) Ironically i didn't realise "The Lair of the Shadow Broker" = DLC (despite box saying it :oops: ) So i completed it before final mission. Right now I have no missions left.

Speaking of DLC, One of favourites in it is Kasumi. She's one of my 2 mains. My team (unless a loyalty mission) was always Miranda and Kasumi they made a great team. As Miranda = great shooting while Kasumi did her cool invisibility trick a lot.

And Yes I'm waiting for Arrival. I knew it was coming as it's listed on trophies in PS3 trophy list. I read it on a site though and checked as I hate trophies/achievement points so very rarely check them.

I would play through again but I like how it ended (Though I'm :(
Tali
died.) plus this month = WWE All stars then other games coming through out year like Batman 2 ect... I'll wait and do Arrival when its out then Mass effect 3 when then out. So I'll keep my save as is.

Also found this on youtube and I just love it (thought I'd share with everyone)

[video=youtube;DHseWNr7iKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHseWNr7iKk[/video]

Latest posts

Back