Michael Jackson 1958-2009

i own both thriller and jackson5's destiny on vinyl. i loved scratching both of them.

MJ even helped me get laid...lets say everyone knows the words to billy jean, and when you can work that song, the rest is history.

but you guys are welcome to post any crude humorous jokes regarding his death.

Thriller is the most overrated thing ever after Star Wars.

Boo I say.

I mean *doesn't post*

You are a terrible human being.

I mean, say what you will about the man himself (Because, let's face it, he was beyond eccentric), but nothing compares to Thriller.

I'm really sad about this, because one of the things I always wanted to do was see Michael Jackson live in concert.

As a child of the 90s, I can remember Jacko's last bit of ginormousness pretty well but it wasn't until I was about 12 when he released the (very under-rated) album 'Invincible' that I really got into his music. Bad and Billie Jean were two of my personal favourites from the back-catalogue and Black or White really is one of the best feel-good songs of all time.

I'm still fairly confident that he wasn't some twisted freak who fooled us all. I think he was just a guy who was told to be cool and hip for thirty years and as a result, ended up never having a childhood. By the time he actually had a chance to hang out with kids and do fun kid things, people just thought he was a weirdo.
I would be inclined to say that he probably had a bit of a God-complex, but seriously, find me a celebrity who has been Earth-shatteringly successful basically all their lives who don't think that they are some sort of saviour and I will trade you my limbs. I remember whenever people used this argument in discussions and debates in the media around the time of the controversy, people would use retarded examples like Donny Osmond (?!) as a reference to celebs who have been famous and successful all their lives and haven't gone a bit weird.

Parker mentioned somewhere that it will be really interesting to see what they do with his sold-out comeback tour and that it would be amazing to see other artists like Elton John, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton, U2 etc to fill in for him. I endorse this.

I gave both Dangerous and HIStory a re-listen yesterday and was surprised how well they hold up. There is no filler on his albums...just about every song could be a single. The man made everything unique.

A friend of mine said this which is so true "Just think: Thriller can actually happen now..."

As much as I loved Thriller and Dangerous, and even HIStory.

Off the Wall has to be one of my favorite albums of all time.

I was talking to some friends (i think DSF was one) when it started scrolling on tv (local ABC) that he'd had been rushed to the hospital, then his death.

I was talking to some friends (i think DSF was one) when it started scrolling on tv (local ABC) that he'd had been rushed to the hospital, then his death.

I was driving to see Transformers 2 in IMAX when I heard it on the radio, which right after the announcement play Smooth Criminal.

As much as I loved Thriller and Dangerous, and even HIStory. ABC) that he'd had been rushed to the hospital, then his death.

I loved Dangerous and HIStory. I listened to Blood on the Dance Floor for the first time this morning and it's really good as well. Well, the new songs anyway. I didn't listen to the remixes.

Pity about his death.

Didn't believe he was a child molester.

He was pretty weird.

Still think he got some sort of skin cancer.

His music is crap.

That's all I have to say about him.

This is awesome. It's a panoramic view of all the geek stuff that was taken out of his property for auction in April of this year. Guess he needed the money.

It's pretty jawdropping.

Check it

This is awesome. It's a panoramic view of all the geek stuff that was taken out of his property for auction in April of this year. Guess he needed the money.

It's pretty jawdropping.

Check it
Wow.

I know I would let him touch me inappropriately if he let me play with all that stuff.

So they had the memorial service today. I only caught clips when flipping channels. I felt it was a bit tacky how before the ceremony the E channel was basically hosting a red carpet event. The only thing I really caught was a part of his daughter's speech. Now I'm not usually an emotional guy, funeral scenes usually do get to me, but I damn near cried watching this child try to talk about her dead father. Funeral + Children is just too much for me. I had to change the channel and walk away.

I only saw about 20 minutes of the memorial service today as I was getting ready to go out but my mom taped the whole thing. Berry Gordy's speech was amazing.

I also bought the People magazine issue to go on the shelf with my family's various magazines from the months John Lennon and Elvis died. I'm still hoping to find the TIME, but the People one is pretty great. There's a photo timeline of every one of his "looks", both appearance-wise and surgery-wise. It's incredible how much better he looked a few weeks ago than he did in 2002.

Latest posts

Back