Michael Jackson 1958-2009

nigma

The King of Pop is dead,

where were you when you first heard him?

if your going to bash him, then don't post.

We had a foreign exchange student when I was younger who was OBSESSED with him. She must be suicidal.

My mom had a tape of Thriller way back when. I was too young to have any clue what it meant for pop music though. It was weird that she had it though because she was always just into 60s/70s pop music.

I was in junior high when Dangerous came out and I thought it was pretty great. Black Or White is a great song, really.

I remember "Thriller" use to play on MTV all the time. He was huge the 80's. I even remember when he got burned during the tapping of that Pepsi commercial.

Well then this is going to be a very short thread.

... (shakes head)

Hey, people have a right not to like music and say why not. But yes, please try not to act like child with any bashing and what-have-you.

Anyways, Thriller has always been my favorite song by Michael Jackson. And speaking of which, at Charlotte we were even talking about him and how Doom loves to do the dances from Thriller and Beat It.

"Thriller" is the only music video I ever had on my iPod. And it's hands-down the greatest music video ever made.

Though many people didn't understand you, and many made fun and said cruel things about you, we loved your music so much. Your music toughed so many lives. We will miss you and we know you are singing in heaven tonight. -Johnston6999 from youtube.

For those of you who care here are some of Michael's memborable songs(most with lyrics).

[youtube]g40WCBaUXR4[/youtube]

[youtube]bkMBVbEUd7o[/youtube]

[youtube]CVx1YPh4FAc[/youtube]

[youtube]8aSjms4T7L8[/youtube]

[youtube]MB1sRtY0yRM[/youtube]

[youtube]kTUiQzhA0Go[/youtube]

[youtube]Q6bARIaMhCM[/youtube]

I was never really that big of a Jackson fan but this makes me pretty sad. I always hoped he would straightened out and get his head together and it would end in a success story. Too bad.

I was never really that big of a Jackson fan but this makes me pretty sad. I always hoped he would straightened out and get his head together and it would end in a success story. Too bad.
It was reported some time back that he was working on one final album.

He was about to have some big comeback tour in a couple weeks. Too sad. And Beat It is one of my favorite songs ever.

Michael Jackson videos were pretty much the first music videos I ever saw. My mom had a tape of them all that I still remember seeing for the first time when I was like 3 or 4. The morphing effects in Black and White were the coolest thing ever. I couldn't believe he wasn't a woman though.

Thriller speaks for itself.

I was playing Halo 3 on Live when my dad called me and told me. I will seriously never forget the moment.

One reason that I am so seriously disappointed is that I had always hoped to meet him someday, because he legitimately was the King Of Pop. My life revolves around this sort of thing(not being excesssively trendy, just the entire concept of pop culture and pop art in general, the Zeitgeist, especially the '80s). Meeting him would be beyond words.

In terms of his personal life, I never really bought into the sick stuff. I think it was probably a lot more like they did things in one of the best South Park episodes ever, "The Jeffersons", where he was a person who had the resources to make his own fantasy world and wanted to share that with children, the ones who would appreciate it.

I don't know for sure, probably won't in this life. That's what he always felt like to me. He will be missed.

Latest posts

Back