Mike Carey to pen Ultimate Vision miniseries

Lynx

Mike Carey is writing the Ultimate Vision series in May. No artist has been announced.

Re: Ultimate Vision Backstory (Discussion/spoilers)

Lynx said:
Mike Carey is writing the Ultimate Vision series in May. No artist has been announced.

Love Carey, but I'm not looking foward to this all that much.

I'm not either, but I'll be picking it up anyway. I wonder what it will focus on...Vision's past adventures throughout the universe, or her present adventures here on Earth. Maybe even both. Did it say anything else (I assume this was mentioned in Wizard)?

DIrishB said:
I'm not either, but I'll be picking it up anyway. I wonder what it will focus on...Vision's past adventures throughout the universe, or her present adventures here on Earth. Maybe even both. Did it say anything else (I assume this was mentioned in Wizard)?

It said it was spinning out of Ultimate Extinction, which I guess means it's about what "she" does after Gah Lak Tus is defeated/leaves.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Again, a link?

Again, I can't post a link because it was a Wizard "Exclusive". It's the only reason I subscribe to the magizine. Exclusive Ultimate news.

Lynx said:

Love Carey, but I'm not looking foward to this all that much.

Lynx - awesome work with all of this Wizard Ultimate news.

I think this sounds cool. The Millar-penned Vision series has been a pleasent surprise (except for the r0808008z) and it establishes some interesting concepts to build off of. I would like to see more of these ancient and alien civilizations, assuming that is the direction he'll be going in.

UltimateE said:
Lynx - awesome work with all of this Wizard Ultimate news.

I think this sounds cool. The Millar-penned Vision series has been a pleasent surprise (except for the r0808008z) and it establishes some interesting concepts to build off of. I would like to see more of these ancient and alien civilizations, assuming that is the direction he'll be going in.

No problem. I'm usually not a guy to post topics, but when I realized that almost no one else on this site buys Wizard, I figured "What the hell."

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is this the 5th ongoing? I'll be getting it because it's "Ultimate" but ****...

They made it pretty clear that it'll be a mini. I highly doubt Vision will be the new ongoing. . .

UltimateE said:
I would like to see more of these ancient and alien civilizations, assuming that is the direction he'll be going in.
Hear, hear! Bring on the aliens! This might be a good time for some original content to be added to the UU. And for at least some of the aliens and their civilizations to be based on updated notions of biology and cultural interactions. (Ourchair, go volunteer to write for this series, please. And keep it family-friendly so I can read it, too. :D )

My one concern is that since Vision only encounters most of these races when they're on the verge of extinction, how much of their culture are we going to get to see, and how many of these stories will be variations of the "we're all going to die, how do we deal with this" theme?

A character with the type of background and setup story Ultimate Vision has sounds alot more up Carey's alley than Ultimate Fantastic Four/X-Men. We could see some good stuff come out of this, I like Carey.

a fan said:
does anyone have a guess as to when marvel will formaly announce this?
This is the announcement. If you mean an interview solely on this, that's something different.

a fan said:
Solicts maybe?
The solits will be here when the May solits come, of course.

a fan said:
does anyone have a guess as to when marvel will formaly announce this? Solicts maybe?

The May solits will arrive in February, I believe.

I have a few questions

1)how many issues is this because i know its only a mini

2) WTF could it possibly be about?? like when you think about it vision's whole purpose is to warn about Gah Lak Tus which means "he" must be defeated if she remains on earth.

Latari'sFighter said:
I think this will have something to do with the whole Pym's Vision II. Or I hope so, because it all confuses me...

If it's spinning out of Ultimate Extinction, wouldn't it be more likely for it to be the alien Vision instead of Pym's version?

If they were both together, Jesus that would be confusing.

I have a few theories to play around with here...

1)it is about vision continuing to warn planets about Gah Lak Tus

2) Its about her staying on earth for whatever reason in her own body or her mind gets transferred into pyms version @ the end of extinction

3)or she leaves earth and looks for a new purpose in the universe now that the threat of Gah Lak Tus is gone.

I think she's going to stay on Earth with the Ultimates after Extinction. Her sole purpose is to warn people about Gah Lak Tus, but what does she do if Gah Lak Tus is destroyed (probable outcome of Extinction)? She has no purpose anymore, so she stays with the Ultimates. And why am I referring to a damn robot as a she?

Latest posts

Back