Millar announces alternate covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12

E

Excelsior Club
Posted by Mark Millar at Millarworld: "Speaking of Ultimates, our numbers on five (the Thor fight issue) just shot up. They've actually gone up mid-arc. We're way ahead of where we were on the first volume and that's before we even get into the double-cover stuff. Most top ten books are doing alternates for their issues at the moment and Hitchy and I are going to get greedy and do the same for issues seven through twelve. At the moment, we're still deciding whether or not BH should take the time and do them or if we should see superstar chums do their take on the characters. I'd love to see other guys do their rendition, but I'd hate a HC that was tainted by non-Hitch art. What do you think?"

I don't really mind as long as they're decent covers, not just deseperate boredom on Marvel's part. I love how Millar manages to use the word "tainted" without managing to be offensive. Or, at least trying to not be offensive.

Caduceus said:
I don't really mind as long as they're decent covers, not just deseperate boredom on Marvel's part. I love how Millar manages to use the word "tainted" without managing to be offensive. Or, at least trying to not be offensive.
Same here.

Fair enough I say.The title deserves top spot and this could do it.Would'nt be the same without Hitch covers but since Marks finished the series why not have him draw them :D

No, I completely agree with you... I'd like Hitch to have the oppurtunity to monopolize the Ultimates art-wise, too.

Yep. How can you follow Hitch? Next to him, most artists' work looks like crap.

lol

Jokingly (?) Hitch has stated (and this is a bleedin' paraphrase so don't get all fundamental on me) he would rather just do 6 blank covers so you can imagine the art the way you like it and have your favorite artist draw it.

And he would still get royalties.

lol.

What a hoot.

LEATHER

Probably very true, actually. Fans don't care that he's late, why wouldn't they care if he didin't draw those 6 covers. The sun will rise tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar. ;)

I'd be happy without the covers....

Maybe hitchy can do some concept work to some ideas that never made it onto the page.

THAT i would spend the extra dough on.

That's the kind of stuff that would show up in the HC if anything. Putting him to work on 12 covers for 6 issues would affect a far larger audience and if the Marvel people had to decide between a few pages for the HC and potentially doubling the sales of GTA, which do you think they'd do?

If they do artists that aren't hitch they need to move in a completly diffrent direction. Maleev, Hester and Parks, Sam Kieth, that sort of thing.

jtg3885 said:
That's the kind of stuff that would show up in the HC if anything. Putting him to work on 12 covers for 6 issues would affect a far larger audience and if the Marvel people had to decide between a few pages for the HC and potentially doubling the sales of GTA, which do you think they'd do?

:(

But I want concept art of the Union....

*sniffle*

Dr.Strangefate said:
:(

But I want concept art of the Union....

*sniffle*
I'm hoping to pry conceptual information for the non-mentioned characters out of Millar at some point. Names at least, potential designations (are even the females Captains, or would they go with Miss or something), maybe powers...

TheManWithoutFear said:
There's two threads about the same ting started by E, himself... :?

One is news, the other is a poll. And the poll has to be separate in order to appear in the poll area in the left column.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'd be happy without the covers....

Maybe hitchy can do some concept work to some ideas that never made it onto the page.

THAT i would spend the extra dough on.

That's an idea. I think that the concept art would be able to explain what's going through his head with these characters more than having characters. I always like to see concept art, anyway.

Also, yeah, I guess I wouldn't really mind other people doing it as long as Hitch does the set of six that is supposed to be there. I'd probably buy his stuff over the other artists'.

Latest posts

Back