Millar chat right NOW

MoS

on Millarworld, for the next 50 + minutes. Ask questions before his year of silence starts...

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
someone tell him that his evil twin idea sucks balls.

um... then tell him his alternate timeline "President Thor" story will suck if that's what it is.

Lol, go do it yourself...

Here's my question and my answer:

Q- How much of the plot in Ultimates "grew" as the story went along? Did you know what you wanted in V2 while you were writing V1, or did you sort of start fresh in V2?
A- Ultimates changed-- and changes-- every day. There are elements we keep, but this thing is the most organic thing I've ever worked on. Bryan and I constantly change our plans and talk on the phone every day.

icemastertron said:
Nope. No one did.

And now no Millar for 6 months. :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Idiots. It's the most obvious question in the book! WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!

Rhyo said:
Here's my question and my answer:

Q- How much of the plot in Ultimates "grew" as the story went along? Did you know what you wanted in V2 while you were writing V1, or did you sort of start fresh in V2?
A- Ultimates changed-- and changes-- every day. There are elements we keep, but this thing is the most organic thing I've ever worked on. Bryan and I constantly change our plans and talk on the phone every day.

Great question. Scary answer. The world fades to white...

Guijllons said:
What this means is that he's changed the identity of the traitor 4 times already because people keep guessing it.

I hope that he's not consumed with staying ahead of the plot detectives to the point that he comes up with a ridiculous resolution. Then again, he could have said he changes things by the minute just to throw people off.

I don't THINK that's what it means, but who knows? The seeds for the Loki thing were planned out well in advance ("Loki" appears in too many early panels for it to be any other way), and I think the basics of the "traitor" plot were as well. I think what changes are HOW things are presented, especially in regard to false clues and mis-steps.

One of the things I like about Ultimates is how tight the writing is - yes, the dialog can be heavy-handed, but there isn't a lot of excess in the main books of the series (not including the Defenders issue or the Annual - though I keep thinking we got a lot of clues in the Annual). It feels to me as though MM kept having to cut stuff from his scripts to keep the necessary things in, and he relies heavily on Hitch's art to put the extras in. Which is why it's such a good pairing. Imagine, say, Hitch and Bendis - NOT a good pairing.

Latest posts

Back