Millar "might still do" Ultimate Captain America mini

E

Excelsior Club
[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-millar.jpg[/IMGL] Asked about the rumored Ultimate Captain America mini series rumored several months ago, Ultimates writer Mark Millar had this to say:

"No, this is something I've wanted to do for ages. Steve McNiven and I came very close, but our schedules got buggered. But this is the one project I might still do as a special thing before my Marvel contract expires. I really, really want to do this, but there's some stuff happening in the next few months that might get in the way."

The thread can be found at Millarworld at http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=50118.

Proof that Millar loves Cap above all others. He's stated several times he doesn't understand why people think Cap is a jerk. He loves him. If he does this, it will be wonderful.

The only reason I think they should do a Cap mini is if they're going to reveal some shocking twist to his backstory. I would be disappointed if millar did a mini and it was exactly what everyone expected. The other possibility is that they did a mini about some mission he goes on in current times. Although I have my doubts that this is what millar is thinking.

I think I'd be satisfied with a kick-*** WWII story.We all know the origin,and we know how he ended up in the ice so a single,excellent tale in between couldn't really go wrong.Could it?

I completely agree.

And I swear to God, if they do this, they need to get Adam Hughes to do it. When Joe Quesada took over Marvel he said to Adam, "Dude. Whatever you want. We'll let you do it." Adam replied, "I want to do a WWII story with Captain America. I love WWII, and this would be a dream job." Joe considers Adam Hughes drawing men in grimy coats fighting in trenches, "That might be a hard sell, man." Adam realises that he will first have to draw "The Girls of the Marvel Universe Wash The Car In Bikinis" before he gets to do this.

Well, it's not exact, but it's more or less what happened.

Bass said:
I completely agree.

And I swear to God, if they do this, they need to get Adam Hughes to do it. When Joe Quesada took over Marvel he said to Adam, "Dude. Whatever you want. We'll let you do it." Adam replied, "I want to do a WWII story with Captain America. I love WWII, and this would be a dream job." Joe considers Adam Hughes drawing men in grimy coats fighting in trenches, "That might be a hard sell, man." Adam realises that he will first have to draw "The Girls of the Marvel Universe Wash The Car In Bikinis" before he gets to do this.

Well, it's not exact, but it's more or less what happened.

:lol:

Well, what has lied heavily on his character thus far? The fact that the project he subjected himself to has spurred all of these genetic mutations in the world. He's blamed himself since as long as I can remember. He is the reason there was an Ultimate Conspiracy going on... Could we elaborate on that out in the open with this mini-series? I think that would satisfy a lot of people, myself included.

I would rather see Four issues of Ultimates 3....personally.....Because I dont know if Cap will be good without his supporting cast from the Ultimates....and dont get me wrong, Cap America is my one of my favorite characters from Ultimates.

If Millar does this, it'll be awesome.

Trust me. I know everything.

Bass said:
Really? Cool. Then riddle me this: If ignorance is bliss, then why do we seek to acquire knowledge?

Um, because blissful idiots are ignorant to the fact that they're bliss comes from they're own ignorance, so they search for knowledge, not knowing that it will destroy they're bliss?

Or maybe its just cuz Vin Diesel said so. Yeah, thats it. 8)

Originally Posted by Goodwill
There would be a cool cast. Wolverine, Bucky, and Fury would probably all make appearances...

I like that idea....for Ultimate Invaders, this would be a really cool story set in World War II the only thing that wouldnt be there would be Fury...or maybe a character Simliar to 616 Nick Fury.....the howling commandos....Or maybe Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury was named after a WWII war hero named Nick Fury....All ideas Im throwing around....

Widdle Wade said:
I like that idea....for Ultimate Invaders, this would be a really cool story set in World War II the only thing that wouldnt be there would be Fury...or maybe a character Simliar to 616 Nick Fury.....the howling commandos....Or maybe Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury was named after a WWII war hero named Nick Fury....All ideas Im throwing around....

I was thinking that too. They could introduce the original Nick Fury who could be similar to 616. The only problem would be explaining why Steve hasn't said anything ever about the name thing.

Latest posts

Back