Millar "might still do" Ultimate Captain America mini

The only reason I'd like Millar to do this book (which I really don't find to be necessary in the least) is to avoid another Ultimate Iron Man. Tony was the nice, normal one on the team under Millar. There was a reference to his ability to read at a shocking pace, but other than that, it was all armor. Now he's Antonio Stark, and is an IUGM because his mother was infected by something that Stark was experimenting with? Screw that.

And you're saying that, since Millar came up with Ultimate Captain America, and was going to do his origin everything will be consistent? Makes sense to me. I also like the fact that I'm not the only one that doesn't think too highly of UIM. ;)

Also, I was just dishing out character names that have a closeness to Captain America. I really never thought Fury being in WWII would kick up such cool theories on how this series can go. I'm actually looking forward to it a little more after all of this speculation.

jtg3885 said:
The only reason I'd like Millar to do this book (which I really don't find to be necessary in the least) is to avoid another Ultimate Iron Man. Tony was the nice, normal one on the team under Millar. There was a reference to his ability to read at a shocking pace, but other than that, it was all armor. Now he's Antonio Stark, and is an IUGM because his mother was infected by something that Stark was experimenting with? Screw that.
That made me laugh.

On Nick Fury in the mini... I like Moonmaster's fan fic where you have the flashbacks and the going forths from present to past so that's how you could throw Fury in there if we need him.

Given that World War 2 was in the FORTIES I think it's fairly safe to say that Nick Fury won't be involved. His father perhaps, maybe that black captain that Captain America mentions in Ultimates. If you honestly think that Nick Fury will be any way involved with an origin story about Captain America, or any story between origin and his last mission, you're on crack. I'm sorry.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ultimate Invaders... afterall it doesn't seem like Captain America was surprised that there were now various other superhumans... so he probably encountered them before.
That's actually a pretty good point. Nowhere has Cap expressed surprise at the abundance of posthumans in the new millenium. The only thing he seems visibly concerned about is how many projects the government and corporations have ushered in.

jtg3885 said:
Given that World War 2 was in the FORTIES I think it's fairly safe to say that Nick Fury won't be involved. His father perhaps, maybe that black captain that Captain America mentions in Ultimates. If you honestly think that Nick Fury will be any way involved with an origin story about Captain America, or any story between origin and his last mission, you're on crack. I'm sorry.
Well, depending on the outcome of the Traitor storyline in Ultimates 2 the mini could start with Cap and Fury discussing missions that Caps been on and the originas of the Super Solider project. Doesn't mean he's got to be a big player in the storyline, he can still make an apperance. I just hope that it stays away from the "Mission he thought he completed in the 40s comes back to haunt him" device. If it even happens.

Or, perhaps the mini would not only cover his origin story but stuff surrounding that. Like, I said, waking up in a world that was virtually shaped because of the experiment he sold himself to has to be pretty difficult. There could be all kinds of things done in the UU with Captain America, moreso than Ultimate Iron Man, and look what's happening.

jtg3885 said:
The only reason I'd like Millar to do this book (which I really don't find to be necessary in the least) is to avoid another Ultimate Iron Man.

I totally agree. This goes back to the thing that Guij and I were saying - The UIM mini isn't really *bad* - but totally does not fit Tony Stark, and what we know of him.

Goodwill said:
What? You're not trusting the all powerful Card anymore?

Read my post again - it's good. It's interesting. And if it were about just about any other character, I would like it. Hardly a change in position; I've been saying this since the first issue.

At least I'm forming my opinion after actually reading it. :D

Goodwill said:
I know, I know... I'm sorry, ok?

Don't apologize. I'm just having a little fun at your expense. :D

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I don't get that, you know, why your name was brought up, but at least Patriot gets it! ;)
People here are always having fun at MWOF's expense.

Latest posts

Back