Mission Impossible: III (spoilers)

slimjim said:
*is about to post sand-vagina 6 times but Ice hits slim over the head wit a frying pan*
One day I'm gonna steal that frying pan...And then I'll be the mod.

Last edited:
I just got back from this. The movie kicked *** and Hoffmann was incredible. I might have to sleep on it, but I think this is my favorite of the M.I. series.

slimjim said:
THIS MOVIE WAS THE ****! The bridge scene was my favorite. I feel it was very well done. And people are lying if they say it doesn't intrest them at least see it for the action and the guy who won best actor.
:rockon::rockon:

slimjim said:
*is about to post sand-vagina 6 times*
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good.

I'm especially happy that this was more of a Mission Impossible than just a generic action movie.

Truth to be told, Mi 2 wasn't horrible. It was a decent stylized action flick. Except it was 'The Amazing Adventures of Ethan Hunt' instead of a Mission Impossible.

The extended Vatican sequence was a true Mission Impossible moment. Team works, gadget, wits... The first sequence in Mexico was also Mission Impossible lite, but still in the vein of the serie. The ending is more traditional and focus on Hunt but at least we have had our MI moments and these action sequence after the Vatican are fairly well done. The bridge in particular.

So all in all, a good action movie. We're not talking oscars here, but this could be the best traditional action movie of the year

PS : Traditional action movie means it focuses on stunts, gun fight and explosions. Not wire kung fu or CGI (which has it place, mind you!).

The kanye west song for this gets stuck in your head so goddamn quick!

SO damn catchy :?

slimjim said:
The kanye west song for this gets stuck in your head so goddamn quick!

SO damn catchy :?

Which one was that? I don't remember it. :?

So I'm enjoying this movie. Then towards the end I'm yawning to myself. Then on the walk home I get angry.

I just watched a mix of all spy/government conspiracy movies mixed so that the cruise missle could get blown up and/or jump off a building.

"My spouse doesn't know I'm a spy", "Wolf in the fold at the biggest security agency but no one knows", "I can pull off impossible physical feats but my enemies always die like *******".

Cmon I've seen it all before.

Don't get me wrong. I love the cast. Cruise is a great actor, Cudrup and Q (hott) have totally caught my attention, Simon Pegg, The Hoff?!:twisted: 'nuff said.

The action scenes were kickass. The helicopter chase, the bridge, all of it... fun fun.

The movie was decent, it just fell short.

2/5

Which part fell short? The part where you've seen it all before? Because most movies are like that this day. Original ideas are dying out.

And it's sad. :(

4V7CML44HC7BHMX66STYA535DBP65KQE.jpeg

I saw it last night, and it was entertaining.

I had free movie passes, it was this or the Lindsay Lohan comedy, so I chose this.

We had a great audience, must have been a gathering of people from the mental hospital. They were awesome to watch a movie with.

This was an incrediblly boring as hell.

All the plots twist, I seen from a mile away.

The whole movie was a bad. Everything was a bad rehash of everything of what was done before.

You don't even find out what the freakin Rabbit Foot is.

I should of stayed home.

The only good part was the manhole scene. I laughed a lot.

thee great one said:
All the plots twist, I seen from a mile away.

Wow. ALL the plot twists? You're good.

:roll:

There is only one real plot twist; the traitor. Two if you count the execution scene but I wouldn't. It's an action movie. You don't judge those on plot twists.

If a thriller like Usual Suspects has easily predictible plot twists, then you have a valid critic.

Last edited:
:? :?

I didn't like Pulp Fiction either.

There was a couple of them. With the government setting that one chick up and other one I'm forgeting.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:

Oh believe me, I know what a MacGuffin is. That's the point I was trying to make to TGO. It doesn't matter what The Rabbit's Foot is, just that it moves the plot along, so the fact that you never actually find out what's inside the can is not a valid criticism of the film.

By the way, in terms of Pulp Fiction specifically, one particularly interesting theory I've heard about the case is that it contains Marcellus' soul, and he was buying it back from the Devil. And that's also why he has the bandage on the back of his neck; the Devil pulled his soul out through there. Weird, eh?

Latest posts

Back