More delays for Ultimate Nightmare #5 - now scheduled for 2/23

E

Excelsior Club
[imgl]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ultnm05.jpg[/imgl] Ultimate Nightmare #5 - is being even further delayed and is now scheduled for 2/23/05. The book is now almost 3 months late considering its original solicitation date.

The original Marvel solicitation reads as follows:

ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE #5
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils by Young Guns Artist TREVOR HAIRSINE
Cover by Young Guns Artist JIMMY CHEUNG

PART 5 (OF 5) The final chapter. The explosive conclusion as the Ultimates take on Ultimate X-Men in the wastes of Tunguska. But beyond the battle is the dreaded final secret hidden in this awful place for decades. It will be worth the wait. 32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.25

UPC: 5960605552-00511
RELEASE DATE: 12/1/04

If Hairsine's art was as good as John Cassaday's or Bryan Hitch's, I wouldn't be quite as bothered. But not only is it not as good as some of the guys who require more time to finish, it's mediocre at best.

We're so past ridiculous now. 3 months. :roll:

OH FOR THE LOVE THAT IS ALL PURE IN THIS WORLD!

I've really had it with this delay. This is just getting past ridiculous! They should at least tell us WHY it's being delayed, ONCE AGAIN, so we can know who to kill....er...I mean who to blame. :innocent:

jsdfgklsjagsjdagbj,fbkafkhas! I just screamed so loud that everyone in the house thought I was hurt! No seriously, this is getting WAY WAY WAY out of hand!

I don't mind it... Actually, you know what? Yeah, I do... I mean, E may be right about Hairsine's art and all, but they put someone more efficient on the title before, why wouldn't they do it again if it meant they got the title out faster?! I am hating this... Let's hope Secret isn't that bad!

I don't think Secret will be that bad, because I'm betting that if it's not completely done, it's close.

And yeah, the fact that they had a fill-in artist on #3 makes this even worse.

I don't get it, unless the criticisms of it being too slow a series have prompted rewrites along the way with new artwork. But that's pretty unlikely. But certainly It couldn't be due to the art. 5 issues over 8 months? Come on Marvel, they had better give us a double sized issue by means of apology for this one. Oh, or a good cigar would be cool :)

Yeah... McNiven had already released previews of Secret, so there isn't going to be a problem with that at all, but, yeah, thing just aren't adding up!

To say I'm pissed would be an under statement. I really thought that we would be able to put this speculation to an end. I'm thinking now that these Artists and Writers are just lazey. If a network can put out a television program on time I think that some comic book writer should be able to release a comic on time. I'm thinking that tar and feathering would be an appropriate punishment.

It probably is the artists fault. And knocking out 20 or so pages a month probably isn't the easiest (I know I'd struggle), but this amount of time is madness. This book is a month late now, that's 20pages in 2months? If it's little more than another build up issue, and this time to Secret, then I'll not be happy.

I don't think it will be but I will be surprised as to how it ends... I don't know how it can end with what we've already been given. That is, not much, anyway.

All I'm saying, is that the endind BETTER be as good as they hae put it. "It will be worth the wait." Yeah, it just better be that damn good if they keep making us wait with all these friggin' delays. :evil:

Last edited:
At least this way there is no possibly conceivable way that Ultimate Secret will come in late... Hopefully it was all Hairsine's fault, cuz he's not doing the other two, right?

Dr.Strangefate said:
At least this way there is no possibly conceivable way that Ultimate Secret will come in late... Hopefully it was all Hairsine's fault, cuz he's not doing the other two, right?
Nope. Steve McNiven is doing Ultimate Secret, and right now, there is no artist attached to Ultimate Arrival.

I think it should be Hitch. ;) Just so that we can be reminded of the days we waited for Nightmare! :lol: No, really, though, I think it should be handed to one of the Kuberts... They do really nice jobs on all and any of the characters in the Marvel Universe.

icemastertron said:
I don't think it's the writers fault. I think it's more of the artist's fault.

Right, knowing that Hairsine had troubles with Ultimate Six (which weren't totally his fault, but still).

Dr.Strangefate said:

He's not doing Secret. We don't know who is doing Arrival yet. And Secret could be delayed again if Nightmare goes any further. They won't start selling Secret with Nightmare still unresolved.

Goodwill said:
I think it should be Hitch. ;) Just so that we can be reminded of the days we waited for Nightmare!

Goody that's just plain evil of you. :wink:

Latest posts

Back