More delays for Ultimate Nightmare #5 - now scheduled for 2/23

Delays . . . delays . . .

Oh get on with it already! Put the book out!

ADHD and late comics are not condusive.

You know what it is, don't you all? THEY are hooking us on this like psychadelic drug addicts and like the evil dealers THEY are, THEY are making us wait.

lol.

But seriously, I like the story, I dig seeing Cap with a gun. I dig the Ultimate Falcon. I dig Jean telling Wolverine what she thinks of him, lol. The whole series is a proluge, anyhow, like the back ground to the opening of a Bond movie would be - slow and methodical, setting up the tension until - BAM! It's the first act of a play and it's setting a stage.

Well, the intermisson has been kinda long . . . my only gripe (It took so long for Ultimate 6 #7 to come out I thought I had missed it and got in a fight with the manager of the shop where I get my books, accusing him of forgetting to put it in my subscription box!).

Peace!

Leather

Erm, don't have the patience to sit through the gripes in the topic, so this may have come up already... has it occurred to anyone else that Ultimate Secret being pushed back may be why they delayed Ultimate Nightmare #5? They were supposed to drop Ultimate Nightmare #5 and Ultimate Secret #1 on the same day, and then when Secret got pushed way back, maybe they decided to delay this to compensate. So ultimately, the multiple delays we've seen haven't been just one after another, they've been pushing it back to a target date.

By all accounts Secret is basically done. It was only pushed back when Nightmare started getting delayed. So, no.

Except that first of all it didn't come from Marvel, and second of all I don't see any reason why they would lie about this particular thing.

Oh c'mon. US is just 4 issues, and since it was solicitated back in October's previews, and McNiven has done it...it's done. There's just so much time from when he started the issues, to when it comes out/finishes, that this won't be delayed.

He'll be on New Avengers in 3 months (actually more like 2) and Secret starts next month and lasts for 4. He's not going to be drawing both books at the same time.

McNiven is doing a 3 issue Sentry arc that runs from #7 to #9. Then it's back to Finch.

UltimateE said:
Except that first of all it didn't come from Marvel, and second of all I don't see any reason why they would lie about this particular thing.
But it makes no sense, if US is done, then why would UN be unfinished, and if UN IS finished, why would they push it back at all?

jtg3885 said:
But it makes no sense, if US is done, then why would UN be unfinished, and if UN IS finished, why would they push it back at all?
Because two different artists working on two different books. Hairsine just takes a long time.

icemastertron said:
Because two different artists working on two different books. Hairsine just takes a long time.

What he said.

Nurhachi said:

What he said.

(although I do like McNiven's work a lot).

McNiven's work is spectacular... I definitely think that Marvel should give him more props than what he's actually getting.

Just wanted to add that 2/23 looks pretty firm; it was on the list of next week's books I got from my store today.

one more day to go....

UltimateE said:
[imgl]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ultnm05.jpg[/imgl] Ultimate Nightmare #5 - is being even further delayed and is now scheduled for 2/23/05. The book is now almost 3 months late considering its original solicitation date.

The original Marvel solicitation reads as follows:

ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE #5
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils by Young Guns Artist TREVOR HAIRSINE
Cover by Young Guns Artist JIMMY CHEUNG

PART 5 (OF 5) The final chapter. The explosive conclusion as the Ultimates take on Ultimate X-Men in the wastes of Tunguska. But beyond the battle is the dreaded final secret hidden in this awful place for decades. It will be worth the wait. 32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.25

UPC: 5960605552-00511
RELEASE DATE: 12/1/04

ultimate_lec said:
one more day to go....
Just ONE more day.

Joe Q: Hehehe. Let's quickly delay Ultimate Nightmare #5 for another two months, Buckley! Mwuahahahaha!

**Suddenly a mob of a thousand angry fanboys stand outside Joe Q.'s house with fully loaded shotguns.**

Hey, since I have a terrible memory (despite there being a handy dandy previously page), do you think I should reread Issues one through four of Ult. Nightmare before I get #5? I believe I've only read the second and third one once.

Well, most of what we've been told is what we've got in the issues. Meaning, there's not really a whole lot to it yet. I would recommend reading it again only if you have a lot of time on your hands...

Latest posts

Back