When in Rome
Frozen
The Wolfman
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Cop Out
Hot Tub Time Machine
Date Night
How to Train Your Dragon

Wasn't Thor supposed to come out this year?
You are like Houde. I explain something and you forget.

Thor was moved to 2011 last year. Captain America/Avengers for 2012.

Last edited:
Can't wait for:

Iron Man 2

The Expendables

The Wolfman

The Green Hornet

Scott Pilgrim (if only for the Batman Forever reference that may or may not make the cut. Ask Planet-Man :lol:)

Reasonably enthused regarding:

Clash of the Titans (the trailer made it seem like Dragonforce: The Movie, which is not a bad thing in my book)

Jonah Hex

Date Night

Prince of Persia

Cop Out (the trailer made it look absolutely awful, but it is Kevin Smith, so I'll reserve judgement until its release)

Last edited:
I can see how that might be a marketing concern, but Wonder Woman is a hugely recognizable brand name that is not limited to just male comic fans. Sure you may lose a small percentage of the demographic because young males may, in fact, NOT want to see a hot girl in a bathing suit kicking butt. I say that sarcastically....and in all seriousness. It's like an oxymoron.

But for every young male who won't see it, you'll have an even larger crowd of young girls who will see it. You can never underestimate the "empowerment of women" factor.

I generally concur. Charlie's Angels (while it wasn't great) did prove that you you can build a franchise around female protagonists. While the history of female superhero movies at the box office has been pretty bad (Catwoman and Elektra), I have a feeling this has more to do with those movies' quality rather than...well, anything else. It is puzzling that they've had such a hard time with this movie when the DTV cartoon would have worked perfectly as a live action movie. They should really just adapt that, or do something similar.

Superman should DC/WB's #1 priority in terms of getting a solid film franchise
established.

Agreed. I for one would like a complete reboot, but that might just be me.

Because you touch yourself at night.

WRONG!! I do that in the mid-afternoon.

Agreed. I for one would like a complete reboot, but that might just be me.

While I love superman I & II, I would also like it start from the beginning, Not a semi-reboot like crap that was returns, Not a remake of I but a complete restart.

Re: All About Movies Part Seven: Sinful Edition

Glad they did one of these.

A Prophet - Meh. Not really interested. You never know though.
Shutter Island - Despite loving the two individually, I hate all the Scorsese/DiCaprio collaborations. The premise is interesting, though, and the bits I saw of the trailer look terrifying. I'm planning on reading the Dennis LeHane book before I see this. That'll be what my decision's based on.
Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland - This looks quite charmless and overblown and probably will be crap, but still worth seeing just for the .... whatever. I'm seeing it with a bunch of friends.
Green Zone - Greengrass and Damon bore the hell out of me. The premise sounds typical. Not interested.
Hot Tub Time Machine - This could easily be hyped to death, but could just as easily be a riot. John Cusack is the man either way. Hopefully this will turn out well.
Clash Of The Titans - Certainly has potential. Sam Worthington I like but so far he's only done mindless films. Hope this isn't another one.
Cemetary Junction - Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. Sold.
Kick-Ass - Psyched for this. The fact that tons of it was apparently shot in my neighbourhood, in places I hang out at, elevates it even further.
Wall Street 2 - I've never seen the first one proper. This looks kind of dumb, I mean, Shia LaBoeuf?
Iron Man 2 - Obviously.
Stone - I'm listening, for now.
Robin Hood - I hope so.
Prince Of Persia - Meh, but I love Gyllenhaal. If the reviews are good, I'll try it.
The A-Team - Couldn't care less.
Get Him To The Greek - Never saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall, so I dunno.
Jonah Hex - Looks cool.
Toy Story 3 - Absolutely
The Last Airbender - Someday, I'm gonna go and watch the series. Probably won't see the movie until after I do that.
Knight and Day - These movies usually look really stupid, but I'll see Tom Cruise in almost anything. Hopefully it's good.
Predators - Most of my friends are big Predator fans. This could be a fun night at the movies.
Inception - I'm in.
The Other Guys - Blech. The most intriguing thing about this so far is supporting players Michael Keaton and Ray Stevenson.... but wait, Paris Hilton? Blugh.
The Expendables - I so hope this is awesome. My friends and I are hyped.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Well, given that I'm in the scene that picture's from....
The Eagle of the Ninth - I'll wait to find out more about it.
The American - Clooney as a hitman? I'm interested.
The Town - Ben Affleck is, so far, a great director. Jeremy Renner is good too. Could be great.
Your Highness - I really liked Pineapple Express. This has all the makings of a hilarious adventure. Really hope it works.
The Social Network - This sounds retarded at first, but as I've said, I will automatically pay full price to see a David Fincher movie, whether or not I know anything about it.
It's Kind Of A Funny Story - Don't know enough to tell yet. We'll see.
Due Date - RDj plus Hangover alum? Potential.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I - A.S.A.P.
Love And Other Drugs - ??
The Fighter - Not that intrigued.
Hereafter - Clint Eastwood directing a supernatural thriller? I'm certainly excited.
Tron: Legacy - I still need to see the original, but I read this had a budget of $380 million dollars?! Okay, okay, I'll see it.
The Green Hornet - When the commercials start playing, we'll see if it looks more awesome or obnoxious.
True Grit - What a weird project. I really like the original movie though, and the Coens' dramas, so I might see this.
Black Swan - I've never seen a Darren Aronofsky movie. I'll try to see one before deciding about this.
The Tree Of Life - Don't know enough yet, but I like Sean Penn and Brad Pitt.
Paul - Pegg and Frost. Hope it's fun.
The Ward - I dunno yet.
Columbus Circle - I dunno yet.
London Boullevard - I dunno yet.
Somewhere - We'll see if the inevitable Oscar bait hype convinces me.
You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger - Who knows.
The Rum Diary - I'm unfamilar with Thompson's stuff at this point.
Buried - Could be worth seeing. How are they going to do a whole movie of this?
Biutiful - Seriously, why are so many of these "Must See" movies when we barely know anything about them other than very generic premises and usual actors?
The Adjustmet Bureau - Ditto.
Knockout - Ditto.
Blue Valentine - Ditto, but Gosling is great.
The Conspirator - Certainly sounds interesting.
Never Let Me Go - Dunno, but Keira Knightley is gross.
The Beaver - As if this didn't look very interesting already, I'll see anything with Jodie Foster. Plus Anton Yelchin and Mel Gibson? I'm more excited for this than most of these movies so far.
Miral - Dunno.
How Did You Know - Know what? Why is this a must see movie?
The Tempest - Not really interested. I haven't seen a Julie Taymor movie yet. Everyone I know in real life who's seen Across The Universe LOVED it. Everyone I know online who's seen it hated it. I'll see it for myself before I decide.
The Killer Inside Me - Sounds cool.
Cedar Rapids - Dunno yet.
Henry's Crime - Who's writing this list?
The Way Back - Peter Weir, Colin Farrell and Ed Harris are certainly great. Other than that, I dunno.
The Descendants - Dunno.
127 Hours - Danny Boyle.

A Prophet - It sounds promising.
Shutter Island - I can't wait.
Alice in Wonderland - I'll probably see this with my family but I'm not that interested in it.
Green Zone - I haven't really watched any of the Bourne movies and I don't care for Damon so I have no opinion on this.
Hot Tub Time Machine - This sounds really funny. Craig Robinson always makes me laugh.
Greenberg - I really liked The Squid and the Whale. I think I need to see more Baumbach movies before seeing this.
Clash of the Titans - It will be entertaining. That is all.
Cemetery Junction - They have written my favourite show ever and I listen to their podcasts every day. Definitely seeing this.
Kick-Ass - The comic is decent but the movie looks incredible.
Wall Street 2 - I thought the first movie was okay... I'll see this eventually.
Iron Man 2 - Of course.
Stone - It has potential. I want DeNiro to be in good movies again.
Robin Hood - Every Ridley Scott movie is worth checking out. I really like Crowe too.
Prince of Persia - Not that interested in this... I'll take Clash of the Titans instead.
The A-Team - I'll see it eventually but there's no rush.
Get Him to the Greek - I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I really like Russell Brand and Jonah Hill.
Jonah Hex - I like the sound of this the more I hear about it... but I don't know if it will be any good.
Toy Story 3 - I love Pixar and the first Toy Story is one of my favourite movies... I hope this is great.
The Last Airbender - The cartoon is fantastic. I have no interest in seeing a movie that already looks poor.
Knight and Day - I don't care.
Predators - Perhaps. I need to watch the Predator movies again.
Inception - **** yes.
The Other Guys - This sounds like it could be really good but... Will Ferrell. He annoys me now.
The Expendables - I'll watch it on TV one night and then forget all about it.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - **** yes.
Eagle of the Night - I'll wait and see.
The American - I will see any movie with George Clooney.
The Town - Gone Baby Gone proved Affleck was a very skilled director so this should be good.
Your Highness - Everything about this movie sounds great.
The Social Network - I have no interest in a Facebook movie but... David Fincher.
It's Kind of a Funny Story - I need to know more about it.
Due Date - I love it already.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - It's time for these to finish.
Love and Other Drugs - No interest.
The Fighter - I've been waiting for this for a while and I'm excited but I have no idea why.
Hereafter - Eastwood is one of the most consistent directors working at the moment. I still need to see Invictus.
Tron Legacy - I should probably watch the first one. I want to see this just for Olivia Wilde and Daft Punk.
The Green Hornet - This is so weird that I think it will be amazing. Michel Gondry directing a superhero movie with Seth Rogen as the hero and Christoph Waltz as the villain? Superb.
True Grit - I don't think the Coen brothers can do anything wrong at this point.
Black Swan - Darren Aronofsky. I will see it.
The Tree of Life - This sounds insane. I want to see it.
Paul - I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and Seth Rogen.
The Ward - I need to see more John Carpenter movies.
Colmbus Circle - I don't know what this is but I like all of the people in those pictures.
London Boulevard - Hmm... could be interesting. Will probably be boring.
Somewhere - Recently saw Lost In Translation and loved it. Will see this.
You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger - Woody Allen makes movies faster than I can watch them.
The Rum Diary - Sure.
Buried - I don't like Reynolds very much but there's lots of hype for this coming out of Sundance at the moment and the concept seems like it would be hard to pull off.
Biutiful - I really need to see Babel.
The Adjustment Bureau - No idea.
Knockout - Sounds nuts. Possibly.
Blue Valentine - No idea.
The Conspiractor - Hmm...
Never Let Me Go - Sounds kind of boring. Surprised to see Alex Garland is involved.
The Beaver - This looks kind of amazing.
Miral - Zzzz....
How Did You Know - See above.
The Tempest - Across the Universe was disappointing. This has a really good cast though.
The Killer Inside Me - Casey Affleck is really good.
Cedar Rapids - Possibly.
Henry's Crime - This movie sounds much more interesting without Keanu Reeves.
The Way Back - Peter Weir is really good and this movie sounds great.
The Descendants - George Clooney. I also need to watch more Payne movies.
127 Hours - James Franco is becoming an amazing actor and Danny Boyle is one of my favourite directors. Should be really good.

Since we're over halfway through the year and I've seen some of my movies and others have been delayed, it's time to make a new list of 10:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
The Social Network
Tron: Legacy
True Grit
Black Swan
The Tree of Life
127 Hours
Somewhere
The Fighter
Machete

Latest posts

Back