Most Anticipated Movies of 2010

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
The Wikipedia list is probably the best to use at this point. What movies are you looking forward to in 2010?

Inception - Christopher Nolan is one of my favourite directors. Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight... all in this decade. Inception has a great cast and an interesting idea and it looks incredible. The hype for this will be huge but like The Dark Knight, I don't think it will disappoint.

Iron Man 2 - the first one was a great surprise and my favourite Marvel movie. I hope this sequel is like The Dark Knight to Iron Man's Batman Begins. The trailer was really good and while I'm worried that there's going to be a lot going on, I'm really looking forward to it.

Shutter Island - I was really looking forward to this but then it was delayed... but it still looks really good. Scorsese is a great director, the cast is great and the movie looks very creepy.

Robin Hood - Ridley Scott. Russell Crowe. Robin Hood. I liked the sound of the original Nottingham idea better but I think this will still be pretty good... I hope.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Edgar Wright, *****! Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are two of my favourite movies and the Scott Pilgrim comics are great. The cast assembled is very interesting and I trust Edgar Wright to make a great movie.

Paul - Greg Mottola directing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as comic geeks on a road trip with an alien voiced by Seth Rogen. Plus a bunch of other people. Seeing this immediately.

The Green Hornet - I find the idea of a Michel Gondry directed "superhero" movie starring Seth Rogen wacky and fantastic. And hopefully awesome to the max. And Christoph Waltz is playing the villain!

The Social Network - David Fincher telling the origin of Facebook complete with Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake.

Black Swan - Darren Aronofsky's unsettling movie about ballet. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have sex in it.

I will probably update with some more later but those are the first few that come to mind.

Last edited:
The Wolfman- What can I say, as a child I loved those old Universal movies. This looks good on it's own accord, and the cast is terrific. The delays it has had worry me a bit, but I think it has a good chance to be a sold flick.

Shutter Island- I'm actually reading this book right now. To be honest I'm a bit let down, but I trust Scorsese can make it great.

Clash of the Titans- Neeson as Zeus! Fiennes as Hades! I'm there. So far I've liked the look of the film as seen in the trailers. I also like Worthington.

The Losers- I like the cast and I like the premise. I guess it's based on a GN...so hopefully it's good. Besides, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the man.

Iron Man 2- Scarlett Johansson in a tight black leather catsuit...Need I say more?

Jonah Hex- I think this could be an interesting little comic adaptation. I'm intrigued.

Inception- Chris Nolan plus an incredible cast. The concept is very interesting, and I like how they haven't given away too much in the trailers.

Of the ones I actually know anything about:

Daybreakers - This simply looks really, really cool. The premise has tons of potential and I want to see where it goes. Plus, Sam Neill.

The Wolfman - Could be great. Looks great.

Iron Man 2 - Yep.

Toy Story 3 - Big time.

Shutter Island - I love DiCaprio. I hate Scorsese/DiCaprio. But this looks pretty damn interesting and I want to see it.

Inception - I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

The Expendables - This could potentially be a blast.

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I - Obviously.

Rapunzel - The style looks extremely cool.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - I'm mainly excited for the theater experience as a bunch of the friends I made on the set are all getting together to go see it.

Last edited:
Narrowing it down to five I'd have to say:

Shutter Island: Scorsese! DiCaprio! Kinglsey! Jackie Earl Haley! Nuff Said!

Alice in Wonderland: My favorite book ever gets adapted by Burton. Let's hope he doesn't **** it up.

Iron Man 2: Hopefully the Dark Knight for Iron Man.

Toy Story 3: Two words. Pix. Ar.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I: Finally I get to see how this ends. Partially.

Wolfman
Saw the trailer and it looks pretty good.
Clash of the Titans
It's about time someone reinterpreted this masterpiece of film.
The Losers
And it better do well, I own stock in it.
Kick-Ass
Never read the comic, so I'll go into this fresh.
Iron Man 2
Hell. Yeah.
The Last Airbender
Shmamalayma better not **** this up.
Inception
Maybe. Looks weird.
Jackass 3D
Yeah these movies are stupid. They're also a lot of fun though.
The Social Network
David Fincher? Check.
Red Dawn
YES! YES! YES!
The Green Hornet
I have to see what direction they take this in.
Conan
No Arnold? Booooooo!
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Should be good.

JANUARY
Book of Eli - Denzel Washington as a wandering bad-ass like in Man On Fire? Yes please.

FEBRUARY
Wolfman - If this is even half as good as Bram Stoker's Dracula from the 90s....then it'll be amazing.
Shutter Island - Meh...it's Leo so I wanna pass. But it's Leo with Scorsese and they have kinda been on a role as of late.
Cop Out - Kevin + Smith = Doom w/ ticket in hand.

MARCH
Clash of the Titans - Are you serious?!?!? Who ISN'T gonna see this?!?!? This is gonna be amazing!

APRIL
Date Night - Steve Carrell would've been enough. But throw in my darling Tina Fey into the mix and you have nothing but 90 minutes of comedy gold.
Kick-Ass - I'm interested to see how this will turn out.
Machete - Robert Rodriguez's full length response to his Grinhouse: Machete trailer. I'm excited to see this....but I wish it was his long-promised Red Sonja instead.
Disney's OCEANS - Disney's EARTH was breathtaking. Now they're gonna go underwater? Yeah.....I'm sold.

MAY
Iron Man 2 - Do I even need to justify this?
Robin Hood - Excited and hoping this isn't just an updated look at Costner's version. But even if it was (line for line and shot for shot) ......it's Crow and Scott! SERIOUSLY!
Prince of Persia - I'm hoping this turns out to be as amazing and fun as it looks. If so we could see a new Pirates-like franchise.

JUNE
Jonah Hex - Yeah....
Toy Story 3 - IT'S PIXAR GODDAMMIT! YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS! EVEN IF YOU ONLY MAKE $20 A YEAR YOU NEED TO GO AHEAD AND SPEND THE $10 ON THE TICKET AND JUST CAREFULLY BUDGET FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR. Or just turn tricks or something.

JULY
Last Airbender - I know of the show....but never really seen an episode. So I'm on the fence about this one.

AUGUST
Step Up 3-D - What? Huh? How did this get on the list? Who in their right mind would see this? That's weird....my "backspace" button won't work. Oh well....just ignore this entry. :oops:
The Expendables - This has the potential to be pretty awesome. Everything I hear about it sounds great. I smell sleeper hit.

SEPTEMBER
Guardians of Ga'Hoole - Zack Snyder can do no wrong in my eyes right now. I will support this even if I have no clue what the hell it is.

OCTOBER
Unfortunately nothing is coming out in Oct. Stupid horror films.

NOVEMBER
MegaMind - I saw the wikipedia entry for this and now can't remember anything about it other than I saw it was a Dreamworks Animation project and has a pretty impressive cast and plot (even though I can't remember what it is). :?

DECEMBER
Green Hornet - If for nothing else.......just to see how this is gonna turn out.

UNKNOWN RELEASES
Scott Pilgrim - I'm telling you now......this will be my film of the year. I don't care if Christopher Nolan and Christain Bale have been secretly shooting a series of 12 Batman films all to be released month by month and feature Batman's most famous rogues gallery......all to create one massive story-----Scott Pilgrim will win that battle. Scott.****in'.Pilgrim!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - The films have been very entertaining.....but let's wrap this up shall we?

1. Iron Man 2
2. Inception
3. Kick-Ass
4. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
5. The Green Hornet
6. The Lovely Bones
7. Shutter Island
8. Robin Hood
9. Clash of the Titans
10. The Wolfman

The A-Team, The Expendables, and Jonah Hex look disappointing.

Mine would be, In order of most exited :

1. Alice in Wonderland - I've intrested in this since it was announced and I truly believe it could be movie of the year for me.
  2. Toy Story 3 - Toy story 1 and 2 were great there's no reason 3 can't be and from trailers it seems to have an interesting story.
  3. Iron Man 2 - Iron man 1 was good I hope the sequel can match it in terms of fun.
  4. Predators - Predator 1 was great 2 meh not so much and avp 1 was ok and 2 crap. Hopefully this can be like predator 1 and actually be great.
  5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - The games had a cool story that if the film does right will be a great experience.
  6. The Last Airbender - I loved the cartoon I hope film can be as good though unlikely
  7. Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps - I love Wall street so hopefully this will be of the same quality and not just a rushed sequel.
  8. Yogi Bear - Thhis good be like the live action scooby films. I'm, hoping so I really am.
  9. Tron Legacy - I'm a tron fan though i admit its so far down as I don't it will live up at all to original yet i still want to see it

Wasn't Thor supposed to come out this year?

I thought so but seeing as how they're just announcing casts, they're still in pre-production. So unless they reeeeallly crank this out in the next coming months, we probably won't see this until end of 2010 or very early 2011.

Meaning 2011 will probably be a big year for Marvel. But since Avengers isn't happening until 2012, Thor will probably be their big thing for 2011 and then they'll roll out Cap and Avengers in 2012.

2011-2012 could be the biggest years for comic book movies yet. Not only will there be Thor, Captain America, and probably Avengers, but also Green Lantern and hopefully Batman 3. This doesn't even take into account the next Spider-man and X-Men First Class. I'm excited!

I still think the biggest mistake DC's made with their film scheduling has been the fact that they've allowed Wonder Woman to get tied up in "development hell" and not follow-up on their Trinity.

I get the Green Lantern is a main part of the Justice League series...but to just move on from the third part of the Trinity to other members is just a no-no in my book.

But then again I also wouldn't have gone the route Marvel did as well.

I see your point, but I don't really think the order they are released matters. At least not to me. Green Lantern is probably the DC property with the best chance of becoming a big successful franchise ala Batman. I think a Wonder Woman movie would be great, but I think WB might be worried that alot of young adult male moviegoers (who represent an important part of the moviegoing population) wouldn't go to see a movie focusing on a female hero. Whether or not that would be a legitimate concern...I'm not sure. The Superman franchise is in a worse state than all of them. I can only hope they get that figured out. But I digress...

I see your point, but I don't really think the order they are released matters. At least not to me. Green Lantern is probably the DC property with the best chance of becoming a big successful franchise ala Batman.

Based on DCs current comics, I would be inclined to agree.

But I think focusing on a possible franchise encompassing galactic-level stories and effects is a bit premature when you consider the fact that they can't even handle 2 of their more popular franchises that all take place in a relatively small scale.

I think a Wonder Woman movie would be great, but I think WB might be worried that alot of young adult male moviegoers (who represent an important part of the moviegoing population) wouldn't go to see a movie focusing on a female hero. Whether or not that would be a legitimate concern...I'm not sure.

I can see how that might be a marketing concern, but Wonder Woman is a hugely recognizable brand name that is not limited to just male comic fans. Sure you may lose a small percentage of the demographic because young males may, in fact, NOT want to see a hot girl in a bathing suit kicking butt. I say that sarcastically....and in all seriousness. It's like an oxymoron.

But for every young male who won't see it, you'll have an even larger crowd of young girls who will see it. You can never underestimate the "empowerment of women" factor.

And again, when DC already has plenty of source material along with an DTV film that is perfect for adapting to live action....you have to wonder who it is in charge of these things and aren't these being greenlit?

The Superman franchise is in a worse state than all of them. I can only hope they get that figured out. But I digress...

That we can both definitely agree on. Legal disputes aside, the studios have a great movie in waiting in Birthright and should be able to just go ahead make that and pay whatever the percentage of profits to the right property owners.

Superman creators' kin can claim to have the rights to some sort of monetary compensation from Superman films and merchandise, but in the end DC is the owner of Superman and should be allowed to market him as they see fit.

Superman should DC/WB's #1 priority in terms of getting a solid film franchise
established.

This is kind of the wrong thread but I would totally approve of Cobie Smulders as Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman.

Latest posts

Back