Mother Earth

nigma

I thought there was a thread for this topic, but I couldn't find it. Our Mother Earth has been very.....emotional this last few months. more than normal.

Haiti Quake - it was, what it was
Chili Quake - sent off A Pacific-wide tsunami warning to as far north as Alaska
Iceland Volcano - just shut down all of Europe's air traffic. cause of ash.

I know its normal to see about 14-18 7.0+ earthquakes each year, however these just happen to be near very populated area's causing widespread..........chaos, for a better lack of a term.

any opinions or news?

Last edited:
Do you really think he's gonna take pollution down to zero? I mean I know he's our powers magnified.....and we all know he's fighting on the Planet's side....but can he really put asunder to bad guys who like to loot and plunder?

I mean come on!

British energy giant BP leases the Deepwater Horizon rig that has been gushing an estimated 42,000 gallons (160,000 liters) of oil a day into the sea since sinking last Thursday, still ablaze two days after an explosion that killed 11 workers.

The spill has created a slick measuring 77 kilometers (48 miles) by 62 kilometers (39 miles) at its widest points and located 50 kilometers (30 miles) off the ecologically fragile Louisiana coast.

the little link

sad about the people killed, but thats gonna be a huge headache as a clean up...

The worst place to live at the moment: GUATEMALA

1) Tropical Storm Agatha has killed about 200 people and is causing massive landslides and floods
2) one of the active Volcano is spewing out ash so people can't see
3) A massive sink hole swallows a 3 story building

aptopix%20guatemala%20sinkhole--1671286166.h2.jpg

the link

The volcanic ash may not have shut down air traffic. While flying into the cloud would've been extremely fall-y, it seems it was possible for planes to fly around it all along without much problem. There's been a big kerfuffle over how much of the shut down was due to the danger of the cloud itself and how much was due to a overestimation of the danger. (Mainly to see who has to pay.)

oh god you guys!!! 2012~!! It;s comming! I never got to read Bone! I wanted to be an architect!

Every time I see the pic of the sinkhole, all I can imagine is Galactus.

The Earthquake alot of people seemed to have felt on the east coast.

Magnitude 5.0
Date-Time Wednesday, June 23, 2010 01:41:41 PM at epicenter
Location 45.904°N, 75.497°W
Depth 16.4 km (10.2 miles) set by location program
Region ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA

the link

The sun is also in a state of change as well, it's experiencing a prolonged state of quiet, some people are worried that it'll come back with a vengeance.

I was reading an article a little while ago, about due to that "state of rest", we might start getting some really big solar flares.

This story was odd enought that i thought i should put it here.

SAO PAULO – Hundreds of penguins that apparently starved to death are washing up on the beaches of Brazil, worrying scientists who are still investigating what's causing them to die.

About 500 of the black-and-white birds have been found just in the last 10 days on Peruibe, Praia Grande and Itanhaem beaches in Sao Paulo state, said Thiago do Nascimento, a biologist at the Peruibe Aquarium.

Most were Magellan penguins migrating north from Argentina, Chile and the Falkland Islands in search of food in warmer waters.

500 dead in 10 days? thats really strange

little link

Latest posts

Back