Movie Parodies

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I think if you actually went and saw Epic Movie at the cinema you should HAVE to have that on your list as a public mark of shame.:noway:

You're evil.

Yes don't you remember the thread I made? after the trailer I was sure it was going to be great but it was a horrible , horrible movie.

Hopefully they'll get it right with Superhero movie

Re: Your 5 Favorite Films of 2007 -- Update As You Go

You're evil.

Yes don't you remember the thread I made? after the trailer I was sure it was going to be great but it was a horrible , horrible movie.

Hopefully they'll get it right with Superhero movie

They won't. They'll never get it right. Ever. Don't hope.

They won't. They'll never get it right. Ever. Don't hope.

I will not be corrupted by your doubt. :lol:

I'm playing the numbers game. Scary movie 1-4 = sucked , Date movie = sucked , Epic movie sucked . Eventually through trail and error they have to at least make 1 enjoyable movie

As long as they're sticking with their dumb, parody movie premise? They will not ever make a good movie.

I will not be corrupted by your doubt. :lol:

I'm playing the numbers game. Scary movie 1-4 = sucked , Date movie = sucked , Epic movie sucked . Eventually through trail and error they have to at least make 1 enjoyable movie

As long as they're sticking with their dumb, parody movie premise? They will not ever make a good movie.

Its only worked twice, and we'll never get another Airplane or Naked Gun again.

What about Spaceballs?

The ****ty "____ Movie" franchise was doomed to failure as soon as they decided the make the entire plot of the movie that they were parodying specific scenes in other movies.

Personally, I thought the first Scary Movie was hilarious, but none of the other films have been anywhere near good.

Wanna make a great parody film? Spoof the genre, not scenes from the films in that genre. Wet Hot American Summer, Shawn of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz all understood this, which is why they're so brilliant.

2 of the 6 writers of Scary Movie can go **** themseves.

Last edited:

I haven't seen any of Terrintino's kid flicks. I'm not sure I want to... They do have Danny Trejo as a character named Machete though...

I'm sure you meant Rodriguez.

The Spy Kids movies, particularly the first 2, are totally awesome.

Nonsense. Mel Brooks has always been good and the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz guys are 2 for 2, in my book.

Nonsense. Mel Brooks has always been good and the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz guys are 2 for 2, in my book.

But the Shaun guys are doing a different type of parody, a genre parody rather than a specific-movies-from-a-genre parody. That's why they work.

Airplane! and The Naked Gun series did parody specific movies, but they did it at a time and with a style that it worked and was original. That can't be done today it seems.

But the Shaun guys are doing a different type of parody, a genre parody rather than a specific-movies-from-a-genre parody. That's why they work.

Airplane! and The Naked Gun series did parody specific movies, but they did it at a time and with a style that it worked and was original. That can't be done today it seems.

True enough.

What about Mel Brooks, though? Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

surely you can't be serious

I am. And don't call me Shirley.

I'm sure you meant Rodriguez.

Yes. Yes I did.

True enough.

What about Mel Brooks, though? Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

Forgot about Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein, but Men in Tights almost plays as Mel Brooks parodying himself. It wasn't very good.

Forgot about Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein, but Men in Tights almost plays as Mel Brooks parodying himself. It wasn't very good.

Men in Tights is way better than Spaceballs.

Spaceballs has some good scenes, a handful of them, but I had a hard time watching it the last time, about five years ago.

Men in Tights is way better than Spaceballs.

Spaceballs has some good scenes, a handful of them, but I had a hard time watching it the last time, about five years ago.

Im pretty sure I agree with you. I need to see both again... I LOVED Robin Hood, but Spaceballs was only a few good laughs here and there. They're all gold compared to the schlock we're getting today, though.

"Dracula: Dead and Loving It" is by FAR the worst Brooks movie, and anyone who doesn't think so is crazy.

Also: Scary Movie 3 is the funniest of the ____ Movies. I really disliked the first two, with their same drug and sex jokes over and over... But i've never liked the Wayans Brothers' movies, so that might just be me... SM3 was weird and wacky and was more Airplane! style humor, and I was laughing my *** off through the whole thing. I've seen it three times since, so I'm not just talking out of my ***, I ligetimately think it is by FAR the funniest. Im not saying its a good movie (it gets stupid at several points, and I'm with planet-man in saying that i strongly dislike them lifting scenes and plots directly from the movies they are supposed to be parodying), but its funny as hell, regardless of its many, many faults.

Should I spin this off into a Parody Movie discussion??

Last edited:

Should I spin this off into a Parody Movie discussion??

Probably, or just move it to All About Movies.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It wasn't even remotely funny. Not at all. And I worshipped Mel brooks at the time it came out.

The only Scary Movie I've seen all of is 1, and I hated it.

What I've seen of 2 was better, but the fact I didn't finish watching it and have no intentions to ever do so should speak for themselves.

Re: Movie Parodies Discussion

Yeah, watch this be the last post about it now. . .

No its not.

Spaceballs and Men in Tights are two of my favourite funny films of all time.

"We're men, we're men in tights.
We roam around the forest looking for fights.
We're men, we're men in tights.
We rob from the rich and give to the poor, that's right!"

I found the Scary Movie films pretty funny, and I agree with DSF, 3 was the best, but Date Movie and Epic Movie were painfully bad....

Some parody movies are funny. Airplane, Naked Gun, Spaceballs are all funny. Not enough to warrant them being classic comedies (well maybe Airplane) mind you....but funny enough to warrant a view.

The original "Scary Movie" was funny. But then after that it just all went to **** and I couldn't make it past the first 30 minutes of part 2. And I've never seen a sequel of that series since. Same with Date Movie and Epic Movie. I get 3-5 free Blockbuster rentals a WEEK....and I cannot begin to bring myself to rent any of those films for FREE. I just can't.

Its like someone said earlier---the early parody films mocked the genre themselves and not making it one long film with mock skits stolen from other movies. I mean their idea of funny is mocking a Paris Hilton Hardee's commercial. Are you serious? That's the best you can do?

Latest posts

Back