Movies of 2015

Jurassic World -- A- I just rented and watched this. I liked it. It wasn't really all that different than what came before, but easily the best since the original. It felt a bit like How To Train Your Dragon, there at the end.

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens -- B+ It was good, but not perfect. I posted a more thorough review in the appropriate thread.

You thought Jurassic World was a better movie than Star Wars?

You thought Jurassic World was a better movie than Star Wars?

You thought Star Wars was five stars. I said 3.5.

I think part of it is because of my expectations and level of investment in the franchise.
I like Jurassic Park, so Jurassic World was fun and i could forgive where it fell short.
I really love Star Wars, so Episode VII was fun, but the parts where it fell short - and there were quite a few of them - were much more disappointing.

You thought Star Wars was five stars. I said 3.5.

I think part of it is because of my expectations and level of investment in the franchise.
I like Jurassic Park, so Jurassic World was fun and i could forgive where it fell short.
I really love Star Wars, so Episode VII was fun, but the parts where it fell short - and there were quite a few of them - were much more disappointing.

Interesting. I didn't mean anything by it, just that I hadn't heard anyone else think that before you said it.

In fact, there seems to be a lot of general apprehension about the guy who wrote Jurassic World writing Episode IX.

My top films of 2015 Best to worst

1 Mr Holmes - I wish more saw this

2 Inside Out

3 Cinderella

4 Jurassic World

5 Mad Max: Fury Road

Bonus : LEGO Justice leauge vs Legion of Dpoom

I say others like Terminator , avengers , star wars , pixels ect... but instead of listing the bad ones on a list did top 6

These are all the films I saw this year

Fantastic Four 2/10
Vacation 2/10
Spectre 4/10
Insidious: Chapter 3 4/10
Avengers: Age of Ultron 5/10
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 5/10
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension 5/10 (I've never seen any of these before)
Jurassic World 6/10
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 7/10
Goosebumps 7/10
Tomorrowland 7/10
The Hateful Eight 8/10
Ant-Man 8/10

In fact, there seems to be a lot of general apprehension about the guy who wrote Jurassic World writing Episode IX.

Rian Johnson also wrote and directed Looper and directed the episodes Fly, Fifty-One, and Ozymandias of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Rian Johnson also wrote and directed Looper and directed the episodes Fly, Fifty-One, and Ozymandias of Breaking Bad.

I know...different guy. Colin Trevorrow wrote Jurassic World and is writing Episode 9.

Or are you saying all of those episodes were bad? I'm confused.

I know...different guy. Colin Trevorrow wrote Jurassic World and is writing Episode 9.

Or are you saying all of those episodes were bad? I'm confused.

What Ice said, Johnson is working on 8 and 9. Colin Trevorrow also directed Safety Not Guaranteed which is one of my favorite movies.

I believe Rian Johnson is only writing the treatment for Episode IX; Colin Trevorrow will probably end up writing the screenplay.

I just watched Kingsmen. I held it off because I didn't enjoy the comic, but man. I was not expecting that. I haven't seen a film this good in years. I don't even know what to say about this, I'm speechless.

I never read the comic, but the movie is freaking amazing.

The church scene!! :shock: :rockon:

My buddy and I were debating that scene. He said I was reading too much into it, but when he uses the explosive he used it to try to stop himself right? He throws the guy done and then walks right back towards the explosive. I felt like it was part of his training to try to terminate himself since he wasn't in control.

Latest posts

Back