Namor Ultimized?

Didn't he debut a hero but turn villain in the 616?

He was a lot like Galactus - not inherandly good or evil, but really just a force of nature. Since his debut though he has done evil and good. I think he is considered a hero now.

And I'd hate to see Namor as a weapon created by Doom. That's too silver age; too 616.

Well, I think that Namor was only a villain because he loved Sue... He was very hostile towards Reed because he was currently dating her. I don't really know the details, but that is why there is some possible bad blood between the Four and Submariner.

Also, I agree that that is too silver age. We'd need an Ultimate origin for sure. We've named a few that could fit in correctly, though some have been found to be boring.

Well, I think that Namor was only a villain because he loved Sue

Read 'Marvels' and you'll see that he was villain-like waaaaay before the Fantastic Four appeared. I'm talking about his battles with the original, android Human Torch and his attacks on NYC.

I think that Namor should be half human and half Atlanten (like some else said) cant remember. The whole mutant thing is the easy way out to how some got their powers.

The whole thing that Doom created Namor is kinda lame. So is the Weapon X thing, but it's the more believable one.

In the 616 universe he is half human.. half atlantean.. honestly Id like to see the same thing if they introduce him to the Ultimate Universe cos it just makes sense. Somehow he has always been the Prince of Atlantis, so he has to be Atlantean in part or whole.. I have to admit though.. the whole thing with Sue has always bugged me.. if they go that route in the Ultimate universe ill be disappointed.

the whole thing with Sue has always bugged me.. if they go that route in the Ultimate universe ill be disappointed.

It's tired and played in 616, but I think they could pull it off in Ultimate...

I think, now that we're drawing nearer to his appearance, we should chat it up as to what the heck we should expect. Will he be a corpse? I mean, afterall, the UFF are going to visit his tomb... Kinda sounds odd, huh?

I would be really impressed if Ultimate Namor was actually dead and the only person in the Ultimate Universe that knew of him was Captain America. It would definitely be a different twist on the character and any of his stories would be told through flashbacks. I don't think that's how it's going to go though. The tomb will probably be set up by the atlantians because they think he's dead when really he's wandering the world unknowing of his past...

That's a cool idea... He could've faked his death after a war between Atlantis and the rest of the world. When the UFF come around, he could summon his strength to fend for his nation once again, seeing as how the corrupt world took his home from him once, why let them do it again? Am I getting that right, MwoF?

I wonder if they'll do with ultimate Moleman, as they did with the cartoon one (dont know about the 616 one), where he can't stand the light from "above ground"...

UltimateE said:
It's tired and played in 616, but I think they could pull it off in Ultimate...
I think it can potentially work better within Ultimate since there are so many traits about Namor that can contrast nicely with Ultimate Reed: brusqueness, regal and imperial bearing, warrior personality, ecological concern, empathy for (aquamarine) animal life.

No matter how Ultimate Namor is planned, Millar just has to take his pick from the aforementioned traits.

Goodwill said:
That's a cool idea... He could've faked his death after a war between Atlantis and the rest of the world. When the UFF come around, he could summon his strength to fend for his nation once again, seeing as how the corrupt world took his home from him once, why let them do it again? Am I getting that right, MwoF?
Doesn't sound bad.

Cool... I just wish there could be more science to it. Perhaps Ourchair or Compound could come around. I know it's asking too much for Compound to come around these days, but the occasion is very appropriate, right?

Latest posts

Back