NBC's CONSTANTINE (Spoilery discussion)

I believe that may be influenced by Alan Moore's original characterization of Constantine in Swamp Thing, before Delano took over in Hellblazer. Moore said:

Again, I'm only slightly familiar with the character and his world, so maybe his early appearances a Swamp Thing don't echo that.

It has been a while since I read them but I don't remember him coming off that way. Either way, its a fairly minor quibble and over all I am really liking this show. Last nights ep had the Eclipso heart of darkness black diamond shards. This show needs to get a second season.

It does. Especially because I want to see Dr. Fate!!

But... what if your fate is to never see a live action version of Dr. Fate onscreen?

mind_blown.gif

Rumor is Syfy might pick it up as Hellblazer.

That'd be cool. It really is a fun show. Matt Ryan was some great casting, I think he fits John Constantine very well. The loyalty to the source material is also really encouraging, and I'd love to see the show continue and introduce more mystic DC characters like was mentioned.

Have they announced yet if NBC is canceling it?

EDIT: so read a bit about the potential shift to SyFy, and I like the idea if this is how they'll tweak the series:

One of the goals in moving Constantine over to Syfy would be to play up the horror and supernatural elements the franchise is best known for, and downplay the procedural elements some fans believe have hampered the series' storytelling.

I'm onboard. Course I've been onboard since the Pilot (though that was arguably the weakest episode of them all).

Last edited:
Just finished the finale. It took me a bit to fully get on board but after the first couple of episodes I realized that this was really fun. Such a great...miniseries :(

Just finished the finale. It took me a bit to fully get on board but after the first couple of episodes I realized that this was really fun. Such a great...miniseries :(

I think NBC realized that the show developed a strong fanbase, hence the rumors of it going to SyFy. Hope that's true, but we probably won't know until May.

It was extremely faithful to the comic book, which I enjoyed. I hate the pretentious nature of TV and film writers adapting existing works and unnecessarily changing things due to ego.

I am in my own mind...

Besides, you don't need an official source to tell that the sky is blue (during the daytime).
I didn't realize the sky was something that needed a source in the show. :shock:

Questionable renewals are always announced in May.
That's nice. Still not an official source, you aren't. :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back