Spider-Man Need help explaining spiderman

Well I went to comic con on Saturday and I picked up a spiderman comic it's #0 the lost years. I have trouble understanding it because they keep on referring to Peter Parker as a clone. It makes no sense and I desperately need someone to explain it to me

Sent from my iPod touch using ComicBoard

A while back the Jackle revealed that Peter Parker was the Clone and Ben Reilly was the real Spider-Man. No one really knew if the Jackle was telling the truth or just messing with them.

Well I went to comic con on Saturday and I picked up a spiderman comic it's #0 the lost years. I have trouble understanding it because they keep on referring to Peter Parker as a clone. It makes no sense and I desperately need someone to explain it to me

Sent from my iPod touch using ComicBoard

You are picking up on a story that started in the middle of another story, and one that is famous for being particularly confusing. I wouldn't advise someone interested in Spider-Man to get started with that particular issue.

I see you are using this site's ipod Touch app - do you have access to ComiXology? Because if so, we can definitely recommend better places to start with Spider-Man if you're interested.

wait, oh you're reading Spider-Man: The Lost Years? Yeah that's the back story of Ben Reilly no wonder you're confused. Unless you really want to read everything, i would suggest not reading any of the clone saga. It was kind of dumb.

Unless you really want to read everything, i would suggest not reading any of the clone saga. It was kind of dumb.

I disagree. The Clone Saga was fascinating. It wasn't particularly well done but I think it's a pretty amazing read. But I do agree that it is NOT something you want to get into as your first exposure to Spider-Man (or at least without knowing what it is before you get into it).

Well, I don't mean that it was a dumb idea, just that the writing was pretty bad, especially at the beginning. I don't mind the story once Ben Reilly takes over as Spider-Man, but the part leading up to that was pretty hard to get through.

Last edited:
Well, I don't mean that it was a dumb idea, just that the writing was pretty bad, especially at the beginning. I don't mind the story once Ben Reilly takes over as Spider-Man, but the part leading up to that was pretty hard to get through.

I found it to be the opposite. The stuff leading up to Ben actually taking over was the interesting stuff...not particularly good, but interesting in a trainwreck kind of way. Once Ben took over I lost a lot of interest. I didn't care about the New Warriors or the coffee shop or any of that stuff.

Latest posts

Back