New Artwork

Looks good to me. I like the invisible ladies man especially... an interesting concept.

See, thing is, I didn't want to make this just another attempt at a group of teenage superheroes. I've never understood why people are so eager to pick teenagers. Is it because they require less effort to make them believable? Whatever the reason, I was more attracted to the idea of a bunch adults, from 20 to 30 years of age, given not so much powers, just curses, which come disguised as gifts.

Take Hank then. A regular ladies man, the centre of attention in any room he enters. The highlight of every party and social gathering. A rock star, constantly surrounded by his groupies. And he loves it. If vanity is a close bedmate of yours, then what's the one 'power' that's really gonna flip your life around? Permanent invisibility. Just imagine it. An attention seeker who can't be seen.

I'd originally intended Hank to just have mere energy manipulation powers, but all they do is boost his ego and make even more people look his way. Considering that the path I have carved out for Hank is one of gradual self-inspection and revenge, I needed something that would act as a catalyst for that. Making him invisible has funnily enough, made me see him easier.

Latest posts

Back