Avengers New Avengers: Civil War discussion (#21-26; spoilers)

I wonder what's taking this issue so long. Usually NA stays on a petty good monthly schedule.

Possibly, but in August when CW didn't come out that month, NA #23 still came out.

You're probably right though.

yeah but it didn't spoil anything for the issue. This coming issue I believe deals with the sentry and the prison he's providing in the Nzone which we just found out about.

yeah but it didn't spoil anything for the issue. This coming issue I believe deals with the sentry and the prison he's providing in the Nzone which we just found out about.

Yeah, it makes sense now.

I was so bored with most of this but didn't hate it terribly.

Sentry sits on the moon debating back and forth with himself about what's the right side of Civil War for like 10 pages.

Then the Inhumans show up and attack him. He defeats Gorgon and is summonded to Black Bolt. He tells them what is going on down on Earth. They also sense that he knows they've fought before but they can't remember much like how Earth can't remember anything from the past about The Sentry. They offer him a place to stay (Gorgon objects because of the new incident with Quicksilver).

Crystal visits Sentry in his room and they kiss because apparently they had a fling at some point (a constant reference and a vintage cover of an comic issue where Sentry fought alongside The Inhumans). Iron Man interrupts and gives a speech about how the world needs The Sentry.

The Inhumans are a little pissed Iron Man snuck in and warn them not to bring their war to them although Stark assures them it won't.

2.5/5

Lots of references to Secret War, HoM, Illumanti was cool. This was boring though and the Sentry/Crystal relationship was so forced.

I was so bored with most of this but didn't hate it terribly.

Sentry sits on the moon debating back and forth with himself about what's the right side of Civil War for like 10 pages.

Then the Inhumans show up and attack him. He defeats Gorgon and is summonded to Black Bolt. He tells them what is going on down on Earth. They also sense that he knows they've fought before but they can't remember much like how Earth can't remember anything from the past about The Sentry. They offer him a place to stay (Gorgon objects because of the new incident with Quicksilver).

Crystal visits Sentry in his room and they kiss because apparently they had a fling at some point (a constant reference and a vintage cover of an comic issue where Sentry fought alongside The Inhumans). Iron Man interrupts and gives a speech about how the world needs The Sentry.

The Inhumans are a little pissed Iron Man snuck in and warn them not to bring their war to them although Stark assures them it won't.

2.5/5

Lots of references to Secret War, HoM, Illumanti was cool. This was boring though and the Sentry/Crystal relationship was so forced.

Agreed on all counts.

The only thing about this issue that was really stood out was the art.......but Ferry's doing a much better job on the art in UFF. But the one page where you can see Sentry's refelection in Iron Man's mask was just superb.

I know Bendis looking to do a whole New Avengers Disassembled....but this book is stalling so bad.

Last edited:
Decent - not nearly as good as the Spider-Woman or Cage issues, but much better than the Cap issue.

I don't know...Sentry just seems so above the Civil War stuff - I feel the same about him getting involved as I do Namor, if that makes any sense.

Decent - not nearly as good as the Spider-Woman or Cage issues, but much better than the Cap issue.

I don't know...Sentry just seems so above the Civil War stuff - I feel the same about him getting involved as I do Namor, if that makes any sense.
This seems strange to say and I probably would be able to explain it properly, but I think I have a better understanding of the Sentry's position on CW.

He knows that if he was willing to fight to the death for one side or the other that that side would win, but he's torn because he doesn't know if he has the right to decide which side should win and which side should lose. He thinks that he doesn't have the right to make something one way for the entire country/world just because he believes it should be.

This seems strange to say and I probably would be able to explain it properly, but I think I have a better understanding of the Sentry's position on CW.

He knows that if he was willing to fight to the death for one side or the other that that side would win, but he's torn because he doesn't know if he has the right to decide which side should win and which side should lose. He thinks that he doesn't have the right to make something one way for the entire country/world just because he believes it should be.

I think that was the case up until Tony came and got him. Then it was like he just folded and obeyed like a good soldier. It was not uncharacteristic, but it was...weird.

I think that was the case up until Tony came and got him. Then it was like he just folded and obeyed like a good soldier. It was not uncharacteristic, but it was...weird.
I do think he's going to stay rather reserved, though. If he sees any action, it will just be against guys like hercules.

I think now he sees it as being his obligation to create a more ordered super hero population for the sake of the rest of the population that's at their mercy.

After the headache tony left The Sentry with on "Execute Program" Sentry should never ever work with tony again :)

Anyway...

I expected the sentry to stay out of civil war , I expected him to be like The Thing and stay out of it.If Sentry is involved the war is over. Why should they send Radioactive Man to a fight when Sentry can do the fighting in only 1 second.It's stupiddish.

I didn't really like #24, which is disappointing after the one-two punch of great issues in a row. 22 and 23 were some of the best of the series so far.

I liked it a lot. Kenny was a very interesting character who gave everyone a run for the money.

Basically an annoyed Stark Enterprises employee who helped design everything Tony and SHIELD wears infiltrates Stark Tower and plans on blowing it up with an anti-matter bomb. He uses a code to shut down the Iron Man suit that Tony is wearing leaving him helpless.

The issue is basically him tell Tony how upset he is about what he's doing and Maria Hill organizing SHIELD to investigate why everything seems wrong around Stark Towers.

Right after Kenny activates the bomb, Maria Hill saves the day via a lot of cool Deus Ex Machina gadgets and shoots and kills him.

Later they're on the rooftop discussing things and Maria Hill doesn't think she's cut out for Director and suggests that Tony's the best man for the job and that it will piss off all the right people.

4/5

Very good issue. I can see Maria Hill being like that lofontaine chick to Tony. I'm still feel a little off about the sudden change but who knows? It's Bendis' character so I guess he can do as he sees fit.

This was a very good issue.

It was actioned packed and a bit suspenseful, and I felt that Bendis gave Maria Hill some sorely missing depth. I wish the other Civil War titles weren't so one dimensional with their portrayal of Maria and Iron Man.

This was a very good issue.

It was actioned packed and a bit suspenseful, and I felt that Bendis gave Maria Hill some sorely missing depth. I wish the other Civil War titles weren't so one dimensional with their portrayal of Maria and Iron Man.

I think that's mainly because Bendis created her. So maybe he feels like he's the one to give her depth before anyone else. Regardless of that, I loved the issue and found myself wanting more 8)

Latest posts

Back