Avengers New Avengers: Civil War discussion (#21-26; spoilers)

Issue 23 once again proves that New Avengers is by far Bendis's best book. It seems like he's using the CW tie-ins for character development and he's doing a great job at it. I'm liking Spider-Woman's character a lot more now. I'm now forseeing a romance between Cap and her. Mark my words. It'll happen.

4.5/5

Another superb New Avengers issue in the storyline of the team breaking up. (Oh well.) I wouldn't even call it an arc, as the prev. page says "part 3 of 5", but more like vignettes. Except for Chaykin's artwork in #21, this is a great story indeed. I loved Copiel's art which is odd, since I haven't always liked his style with panels all over the place. The dialogue was great. Bendis is having a good week.

4/5

#23 - loved it.

4.85/5

I'm not one to ogle comic book characters, but man, Coipel knows how to draw his comic book babes. Jessica Drew looked great.

But even better than that was the story. Well written, true to the characters, and although in the end it didn't really go anywhere it was a great one-shot.

Bendis is 2 for 3 so far. I'm enjoying this arc a lot.

Is there a better book, overall, in the Marvel line up than the New Avengers? I would choose the Ultimates, but the whole six month between issues thing is still annoying to me, even though I try to live with it. The latest issue, #23, is probably one of my favorite issues so far. Jessica Drew, I love you.

Mclintoc said:
Is there a better book, overall, in the Marvel line up than the New Avengers? I would choose the Ultimates, but the whole six month between issues thing is still annoying to me, even though I try to live with it. The latest issue, #23, is probably one of my favorite issues so far. Jessica Drew, I love you.

DAREDEVIL.

Mclintoc said:

X-factor, Runaways, NextWave: Agents of Hate

Mclintoc said:

All of them

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
All of them

i wouldn't go that far, Marvel puts out a lot of sh*t.

WORST 1000TH POST EVER!!!!!

LONGEST TIME TO 1000TH POST EVER!!!!! i suppose thats what happens when you take extremely long summer breaks.

iceman said:
i suppose thats what happens when you take extremely long summer breaks.
I'm not sure how to make this not sound gay, but I'm still going to say it. If I was as handsome as you, I'd only log on to brag about how much ***(female) I was getting.

Jessica Drew's issue was real good. I feel bad for Bendis writing such solid stories for everyone except Captain America. I loved the whole Fury not smelling right and HYDRA and how Drews was forced to choose a side in the end because they all pressured her too much.

Really good issue. As good as Cage's but on a different level.

5/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Jessica Drew's issue was real good. I feel bad for Bendis writing such solid stories for everyone except Captain America. I loved the whole Fury not smelling right and HYDRA and how Drews was forced to choose a side in the end because they all pressured her too much.

Really good issue. As good as Cage's but on a different level.

5/5
Looking back I think Cap's issue might have been better than we gave it credit. I just couldn't get past that artist. Someone should chop his hands off or at least give him a good slap on the wrist.

REALLY good issue. Not Luke Cage good......but damn good in its own right.

I'm not a huge Spider-Woman fan. Never could get behind the character. Hell---I like Carol Danvers more than I do Jessica Drew.

But I give Bendis credit....instead of ignoring the triple agent thing that had been put on back-burner as of late with Civil War, he brought it to the forefront and wrapped it all up to fit into Civil War. Tony and SHIELD already knowing about it, HYDRA trying to pull her back in....and her personal involvement/feelings with Cap. All of it ties in nicely.

My only complaint is the art's panelling layout. It's completely outta control and it was hard for me to follow a lot of pages.

Still.....with that minor quibble---I still give it a 4/5.

I loved the issue. Finally we get to see my baby shine in the bright light. But I agree, the Luke Cage issue was solid and didn't skip around as much. But I love in the end how she broke down. I think her and Cap could hit it off, but I'm sure he's gonna be with that blonde broad in his ongoing.

Hibiki said:
Tony is a jackass. And I'm pretty sure that's how Bendis meant to write it.
It's not that I really like Jessica Drew, but I sympathize with the character. She's been used all her adult life and Tony goes and betrays her to SHIELD. She starts to feel like part of a team and he goes and does something like that.

MaxwellSmart said:
It's not that I really like Jessica Drew, but I sympathize with the character. She's been used all her adult life and Tony goes and betrays her to SHIELD. She starts to feel like part of a team and he goes and does something like that.

But you gotta remember that Hill is with him as well. That'll bring in the ***** in anyone.

Hibiki said:
But you gotta remember that Hill is with him as well. That'll bring in the ***** in anyone.
But Tony volunteered the info. He could have had some team loyalty, but he didn't.

I think we have an answer to Spidey's question of whether or not Tony would turn on him if he didn't register.

Latest posts

Back