Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Captain America gave me a tingly feeling everytime he would go to invite someone in... Damn he does that well...

I liked that, except it seemed to go kindof fast. I can see Spider-Woman and Luke Cage jumping right in, but I would have expected Peter Parker to put up more of a fight...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Jessica Jones is having a girl.

She thinks. This is not confirmed.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Luke Cage's acceptance was awesome.

...and written very well for his character. Exactly what I would've expected...the rest, not so much so.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Daredevil's decline was expected... but it makes me feel like he definitely is not out of the picture

Yeah, I can't tell if he's jerking us or what...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Major Spoiler Jessica Drew, Traitor?? What's up with that?! I wonder if the guy at the end is the same guy responsible for the prison breakout... if it isn't we have two mystery men and a mystery avengers this is all "goofy nuts"

Great twist - that totally came out of left field. I'm stumped...

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's with the no sentry? Hmmm

I have a feeling we'll see more of his involvement in later flashbacks. Cap's comments ("Just when you weren't sure which way the fight would go...") and Sentry appearing leads me to think he had a heavy hand in the victory...

Yeah - the beatdown on Purple Man was great.

They kind of glossed over the end of the big fight, though...I would've liked to have seen more of the ending than what was implied.

UltimateE said:
They kind of glossed over the end of the big fight, though...I would've liked to have seen more of the ending than what was implied.

Yea, I wasn't too crazy about that either. Like you said though maybe they'll show some flashbacks... I'd also like to know which Villains made it out and I'm totally looking forward to seeing which titles they appear in. Doesn't Spiderman already have an issue coming out involving all of this?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Doesn't Spiderman already have an issue coming out involving all of this?
Spider-Man has A LOT of issues coming out that are going to be involved with what's going on here.

icemastertron said:
Spider-Man has A LOT of issues coming out that are going to be involved with what's going on here.

Yep, and the ones that escaped will be one of the mail focal points in the upcoming Toxin mini.

The SPidey villains that probably escaped were probably all Sinister Twelve members or some other of his B-Grade villains...

She is Spider-Woman. Currently working for S.H.I.E.L.D. And the latest Wizard has some info on her too, if any one would like to know that. I think she was created during the 70's, if I'm correct.

She is also the original Spider-Woman.

Is she the one that is supposed to be on the team? This is more interesting than I thought... I'm honestly thinking about picking this up if you guys can stomach explaining anything that happened that I don't understand...

THis issue was great. I love how this team is coming together. The new avengers HQ is cool. And wat the hell is up with jessica drew

Latest posts

Back