New Black Panther Cartoon to Air on BET

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
the channel that's broken unprecedented ground in lending a voice to African-Americans by pouring malt liquor on big asses.

Here we go.

Boy, I know I can't wait. Maybe Cam'ron will provide a voice.

Last edited:
This is racist.

It's also awesome. I mean, DUH! Why didn't they do this years ago?

I'm estatic that Black Panther is finally getting his own show (even though I don't care about the character or read the series).

But I can't begin to express how disappointed I am that this is coming to BET. Why would Marvel just push something like that off on a poorly viewed (rating and critic wise) cable network?

Because Joe Q doesn't care about black people!

Plus I'd rather see a Luke Cage street crime show instead.

I STILL think Aaron McGruder should be writing a Black Panther cartoon for adult swim. It could follow the Boondocks.

I'm estatic that Black Panther is finally getting his own show (even though I don't care about the character or read the series).

Plus I'd rather see a Luke Cage street crime show instead.
I disagree.

Black Panther has greater potential, not just as a TV show but in any form of 'revisioning' simply because you can use the character to address questions of national development, government and superhuman geopolitics in terms outside of the Euro-Aryan context.

I'm not just saying that because he's black so much as he's not white, mind you. Think of him as potentially a pop distillation of Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel.

The problem that Black Panther generally suffers from over the past twenty years is that writers are generally too stupid or lazy to do anything meaningful with him. And I count Reggie Hudlin among the stupid.

I disagree.

Black Panther has greater potential, not just as a TV show but in any form of 'revisioning' simply because you can use the character to address questions of national development, government and superhuman geopolitics in terms outside of the Euro-Aryan context.

I'm not just saying that because he's black so much as he's not white, mind you. Think of him as potentially a pop distillation of Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel.

The problem that Black Panther generally suffers from over the past twenty years is that writers are generally too stupid or lazy to do anything meaningful with him. And I count Reggie Hudlin among the stupid.

I would love to see that show.

Somehow I doubt BET's Black Panther will be anything like that.

Latest posts

Back