New Captain Marvel series (July 2012)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Talked about today at Wondercon, Carol Danvers will be the next Captain Marvel. Series will be written by Kelly Sue DeConnick with art by Dexter Soy. Ed McGuinness on covers.

Cover to issue #1:
CAPMARV2012001_02.jpg

#2:
CAPMARV2012002_02.jpg

And some interior pages:
captainmarvel1a_02.jpg

captainmarvel04_02.jpg

Last edited:
Friday said:
Those covers have a Frank Quietly look to them.

Yeah my first thought was how in-Ed McGuiness-y the are.

This looks interesting, I definitely like the costume, the interiors are kinda meh (mostly the colouring/shading effects) but this sounds promising

I hope Carol gets brought into some Kree conflicts, and isn't just staying the same character facing the same conflicts with a new name.

What happened to Nor-vahl or whatever his name was. Marvel boy.

With the rest of Bendis' plot threads.

Yeah, exactly. Isn't him that goes by "The Protector" and is in New Avengers now? He's immensely powerful and absolutely nothing has been done with him.

Bendis amusingly posts all these tips about good writing on Twitter then does stuff like this. He introduces a crap load of characters and doesn't do anything to play to their strengths, if he does anything with them at all. Look at what he did with Sentry. What a joke.

Yeah, exactly. Isn't him that goes by "The Protector" and is in New Avengers now? He's immensely powerful and absolutely nothing has been done with him.

Bendis amusingly posts all these tips about good writing on Twitter then does stuff like this. He introduces a crap load of characters and doesn't do anything to play to their strengths, if he does anything with them at all. Look at what he did with Sentry. What a joke.

*looks around for lexi*

Okay, so I know many of us enjoyed Whedon's run on Astonishing. I would like to see him make a run of the Avengers line and do it some real justice.

*looks around for lexi*

Okay, so I know many of us enjoyed Whedon's run on Astonishing. I would like to see him make a run of the Avengers line and do it some real justice.

No thanks.

But I will take Jason Aaron. or Kieron Gillen. or maybe even Matt Fraction.

Fraction never seems entertaining unless he's splitting writing duties.

An interesting assertion that I don't completely agree with, but I do think that Iron Fist was the best thing I've read with his name attached to it.

Love the new costume and I totally called Carol becoming the new Captain Marvel a few years before (She's a way better fit than Noh Varr).

I'm also glad there's a female writer on this but I've never read anything by her so we'll see how good it is.

*Also I would totally love to see someone like Hickman or Morrison (if he ever switched back over to Marvel) take a sci-fi take on the Avengers. I always loved those characters in big-time cosmic stories.

bluebeast said:
I'm also glad there's a female writer on this but I've never read anything by her so we'll see how good it is.

She wrote a Norman Osbourn mini a while back that was pretty ok. It was about how he broke out of prison.

Fun fact: Kelly Sue DeConnick is married to Matt Fraction.

E said:
She wrote a Norman Osbourn mini a while back that was pretty ok. It was about how he broke out of prison.

Fun fact: Kelly Sue DeConnick is married to Matt Fraction.

She was also the last person to write Supergirl before the reboot and she also wrote the Sif and Rescue one-shots.

Latest posts

Back