New He-Man movie.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Rifkin says "Legally I'm not allowed to say much concerning HE-MAN, however I can say this: HE-MAN is a movie that's definitely going to be made! Where and with whom are all pretty top secret at present, but when the shroud of mystery is finally lifted I can promise you, HE-MAN fans will not be disappointed."

taken from http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5364

Cool a new he-man movie ,

• Transformer (check)
  • tmnt (check)
  • he-man(check)
  • Thundercats (still waiting)

Re: new He-man movie

If I had any say in this film, the only actor I'd cast as He-Man would be The Rock.

I think he'd be ****ing perfect for him.

Of all the.....

....I.....

Nevermind. All I remember from the first movie was that Skeletor's henchmen loved KFC and that Courtney Cox was a ****ty actress.

Cartoon was gay, literally. Why would you make a movie?

The line between awesome manliness and extreme gayness is sometimes dangerously narrow.

I think the Rock's a perfect choice. Then again, I'd like the Rock in any role. (heh. Rock 'n roll)

I think HHH would make a better He-man than the rock.

I like the rock in movies but this role is one I would give to HHH like I would Thor

The Rock would not work with the Iron Cross of Aryan Supremacy on his chest!

Agreed.

While he might be a bad-*** action star....just because he has muscles and bronze skin don't mean he can fit the He-Man role. And besides....he's man is white.....and blonde.

I've seen Rock with a wig. It's not pretty. Remember The Ladies Man skit a while back?

the_rock36.jpg

Yeah...told ya. It's ok.

I'd rather have an honest-to-god New Gods movie than a Jack Kirby rip-off.

He-Man as a New Gods rip off? Intriguing. I've not heard this before, please elaborate. :D

Agreed.

While he might be a bad-*** action star....just because he has muscles and bronze skin don't mean he can fit the He-Man role. And besides....he's man is white.....and blonde.

I think that the Rock has been miscast. He should be this generation's Schwarzenegger (and people are trying to make him be) but people forget that Arnie's success was because he played parts that played to his strength. Stoic, calculating, hard, and bombastic. The Rock is an action star, but of a different kind. He's entertaining, theatrical, inspiring, and graceful. While he can do other things, I think that's where his strength lies. He should be Schwarzenegger in terms of iconic success in action films, not neccessarily playing parts Schwarzenegger would play today if he could. If you look at the opening of the old He-Man cartoon, The Rock would do it perfectly, because he'd be able to do Prince Adam as well as He-Man, this iconic over-the-top icon of masculinity. I actually think the Rock would make a good Superman or Captain America. The problem is, he doesn't look the part. It's true, but I think he's so charismatic that it would never be a problem. Give him a large fantasy world to play in, allowing him to be the theatrical entertainer he was in the WWF, and you've got a star for this generation. I'm convinced of it.

Latest posts

Back