New Joe Friday's reveals variant for Ultimate X-Men #75

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
During this week's New Joe Friday's: Week 3, it was revealed that Michael Turner had done a variant for Ultimate X-Men #75 (By Robert Kirkman & Ben Oliver).

The cover as shown:
UX75cover-Turner-CMYKcrop.jpg

I gotta be quicker next time!:D

Thank God no Magician!!

And it seems that Kitty and Kurt are off the team as well.

Oh, and are Rogue eyes normal again?? This issue does take place after the Annual...

Cable....with guns.

Ugh. I was hoping for something a little more imaginative and a little less...Liefield-y.

E said:
Cable....with guns.

Ugh. I was hoping for something a little more imaginative and a little less...Liefield-y.

We already saw that with the previously revealed Cable cover.

Still, I hope his origins are totally different. I can live with it as long as he's not Scott's alternate future son.

Also, this shows that Cable, at least at first, is on the side of the X-men.

Here's my theory on the absence of Kitty and Kurt.

Nightcrawler mistakenly leaves the X-Men and joins a group a gay hating germans. When arrives at his first meeting, he finds out they aren't very accepting of blue mutants either and is quickly beaten to a pulp.

Kitty gets pregnant by Spiderman. Xavier and Aunt May insist that they get married. They rebel and get kicked out of their respective homes. They move in together and rent a rat hole apartment. Peter gets a job at a 7-11, and Kitty gets a job as checker at a supermarket.

Maxwell, that sounds about right.

Despite Liefeld-designed Cable, i must admit that that cover is pretty sweet looking.

That is all.

Looks better than Turner's other covers.

Rogue looks a little odd and Bobby looks...well, I'm fairly sure teenage males are meant to have a waist, and not shoulders like Schwarzenegger.

Cable...like E said. Cable's just so goddamn Liefield.

However. The art itself is not ugly, by any stretch.

Victor Von Doom said:
Michael Turner can do no wrong.

Yeah, he can. The majority of his event covers normally look the same, like when Bass merged an Identity Crisis and a Civil War cover together and they fitted together perfectly.

****!

I smell wasted ultimization :x :x
Where can I see the other cover???

Last edited:
That's one good looking cover. Michael Turner does wonders on the X-Men... Remind me - why isn't he doing interiors for the title right now?

Stop *****ing about what Cable looks like!! No one said that Ultimate Spider-Man was gonna be a waste because his appearance was EXACTLY the same. Chill out.

The cover kicks a lot of ***. I can't wait to pick it up.

As for my theories on the absence of two characters...

It's just a cover... and they could still be on the team.

Cable hunting wolverine, fighting the X-Men...

or is it Cable and the X-Men fighting Wolverine?

Cuz it looks to me like they're on the same side...

You know what'd be interesting? If Cable turned out to be the Weapon X operative who trained Wolverine... Hence the claw marks...

Hmm...

It's very pretty. And Cable was going to have guns whether you wanted him too or not. I just hope that's a cybernetic arm and not a Techno-Organic Virus arm.

TheManWithoutFear said:
As for my theories on the absence of two characters...

It's just a cover... and they could still be on the team.
Yeah, I never get that. I mean, we see an Ultimates cover with Iron Man's gauntlet, Cap's shield, and Thor's hammer and nobody assumes that the others are dead/off the team/not in the comic.

Well here it's at least understandable that they would assume that since it was said that the team would be changing up.

Ice said:
Well here it's at least understandable that they would assume that since it was said that the team would be changing up.
I dunno, change to me implies something more than ditching a character or two and adding the Mutie Of The Arc to the team. Also, those are the two with the least useful power sets for offense.

thee great one said:
That is the most beautiful ultimate cover ever.

I hope there is a poster.

Turner-whore.

Latest posts

Back