New Joe Friday's reveals variant for Ultimate X-Men #75

Looks like Rogue's back to normal again, this is probably why in the Deadpool arc, mid-way Bagley changes Rogue's eyes to normal, she was only a background character and we don't see her using Gambit's abilities.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Looks like Rogue's back to normal again, this is probably why in the Deadpool arc, mid-way Bagley changes Rogue's eyes to normal, she was only a background character and we don't see her using Gambit's abilities.

And I say good. Sort've soon and if that's the case I'm uber interested in if there's any revealations with Gambit. (Hopefully she just doesn't "lose" the powers and that's the end of Gambit).

I hate Rogue with Gambit powers. Permanently I mean.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
And I say good. Sort've soon and if that's the case I'm uber interested in if there's any revealations with Gambit. (Hopefully she just doesn't "lose" the powers and that's the end of Gambit).

I hate Rogue with Gambit powers. Permanently I mean.

I agree. At first, I thought it was interesting. Now, it's just creepy.

Obviously byt he looks of this cover, Kurt is blown up at the end of the annual, Dazzler stays in a coma, and Wolverine loses an arm permenately.

How many times do we need to state, what is on the cover is an accurate and exact interpretation of what's on the inside of the book?

Oh, and Cable looks exactly the same. I'm pissed.

Ultimate Houde said:
Obviously byt he looks of this cover, Kurt is blown up at the end of the annual, Dazzler stays in a coma, and Wolverine loses an arm permenately.

How many times do we need to state, what is on the cover is an accurate and exact interpretation of what's on the inside of the book?

Oh, and Cable looks exactly the same. I'm pissed.

:lol: to that last line. (In the context of your post.)

Ice said:
During this week's New Joe Friday's: Week 3, it was revealed that Michael Turner had done a variant for Ultimate X-Men #75 (By Robert Kirkman & Ben Oliver).

The cover as shown:
UX75cover-Turner-CMYKcrop.jpg

I'm a bit worried about the cybernetic arm...though I guess Fury will have one soon enough as well, so I can live with it. But otherwise Cable seems exactly the same, appearance-wise anyway. Nothing too impressive about that. Hopefully his origin will prove interesting enough to make up for the lack of visual change (not that this is always required, but sometimes it does make it a bit more interesting getting to see a new representation that isn't just a mimic of the previous 616 incarnation).

Hi-Fi said:
I gotta be quicker next time!:D

Thank God no Magician!!

And it seems that Kitty and Kurt are off the team as well.

Maybe, maybe not. Covers rarely ever accurately depict anything actually going on in the comic. It could just be they're not represented in the picture. Though I must admit from the Annual's solicits (and cover, admittedly also) that it does seem to point towards them at least taking time off after. Ali/Dazzler might still be recovering from her coma, and maybe Nightcrawler is just helping to nurse her along. This would fit with him visiting her at the hospital (even if he was just *****ing about Peter the whole time). Kitty is probably just off with Spider-Man somewhere. We'll see. I wouldn't read too much into it, thats all I'm saying.

Oh, and are Rogue eyes normal again?? This issue does take place after the Annual...

They did say her and Gambit's storyline would be addressed in it.

E said:
Cable....with guns.

Ugh. I was hoping for something a little more imaginative and a little less...Liefield-y.

Agreed.

Lynx said:
We already saw that with the previously revealed Cable cover.

Still, I hope his origins are totally different. I can live with it as long as he's not Scott's alternate future son.

Also agreed. I'm really hoping he doesn't come tumbling out of a time portal somewhere.

Also, this shows that Cable, at least at first, is on the side of the X-men.

Not necessarily:

DIrishB said:
I wouldn't read too much into it, thats all I'm saying.

TheManWithoutFear said:
As for my theories on the absence of two characters...

It's just a cover... and they could still be on the team.

Exactly.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Cable hunting wolverine, fighting the X-Men...

or is it Cable and the X-Men fighting Wolverine?

Cuz it looks to me like they're on the same side...

You know what'd be interesting? If Cable turned out to be the Weapon X operative who trained Wolverine... Hence the claw marks...

Hmm...

That would actually be pretty freaking cool. Can you start writing Ultimate X-Men after Kirkman? Screw Brian Singer...

It's very pretty. And Cable was going to have guns whether you wanted him too or not. I just hope that's a cybernetic arm and not a Techno-Organic Virus arm.

I just assumed it was a cybernetic...I really didn't think Kirkman was going to bring the Techno-organic Virus into it...God I hope not.

Last edited:
People are definitely jumping the gun right now... I think it's a little premature to start speculating the plot and the state of the team based on the cover. I believe Cable will, at first, be a villain... From there, who knows but I can't tell from the cover.

I am seriously getting the vibe that Cable has something to do with Weapon X, or with SHIELD. But none with Cyke, thank god.

This is one of the best UXM covers yet.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Term's anti-villain.
Well, not really. An anti-hero is someone who does the right thing but pisses and moans about it, has bad habits, isn't moral; Wolverine or the Punisher are prime examples.

An anti-villain is, by the same logic, a villain who helps old ladies cross the street, and what Goody's just suggesting is a reform.

Yes, something a little less complicated than an "anti-hero", although it does not compromise what character-development a character might have being an "anti-hero".

One thing is a given: Cable and Wolverine have some kind of past, as those claw mark scars on his face really couldn't have come from anywhere else plausibly. This does point to Cable having some association with Weapon X, since I doubt they'll reveal anything more about Wolverine's past at this point, and it places both characters in a situation where the event that caused Cable's scars could happen, whether its Cable as a guard/employee of Weapon X (like Sabretooth, a willing participant) or a fellow Weapon program who at one point was forced to fight Wolverine and lost. This could add an interesting character dynamic between the two if Cable does become an ally (having to carry around the scars on your face caused by a man now on your team).

I don't think I would want to see him tied to Weapon X. Too many characters are already a product of the Weapon X program... Even those that have perished - such as furry Beast. Not only him but we've got Juggernaut, Rogue, Sabertooth, Wolverine, and Deathstrike. We should take a break with new characters coming from Weapon X.

DIrishB said:
One thing is a given: Cable and Wolverine have some kind of past, as those claw mark scars on his face really couldn't have come from anywhere else plausibly. This does point to Cable having some association with Weapon X, since I doubt they'll reveal anything more about Wolverine's past at this point, and it places both characters in a situation where the event that caused Cable's scars could happen, whether its Cable as a guard/employee of Weapon X (like Sabretooth, a willing participant) or a fellow Weapon program who at one point was forced to fight Wolverine and lost. This could add an interesting character dynamic between the two if Cable does become an ally (having to carry around the scars on your face caused by a man now on your team).

I know it can't be him, but didn't Wraith have those scars on his face in pretty much the exact same place?

ultimatedjf said:
I know it can't be him, but didn't Wraith have those scars on his face in pretty much the exact same place?

It's probably cool to draw.

I just pulled together the worst idea ever. Wraith is Cable! It just so terrible it might actually happen.

Goodwill said:
I don't think I would want to see him tied to Weapon X. Too many characters are already a product of the Weapon X program... Even those that have perished - such as furry Beast. Not only him but we've got Juggernaut, Rogue, Sabertooth, Wolverine, and Deathstrike. We should take a break with new characters coming from Weapon X.

Why? The whole UU revolves around superhuman initiative(creating the next Captain America). It would make sense to use weapon x since it pretty much falls along those lines.

Goodwill said:

It's better than him being the alternate future son of Cyclops.

Latest posts

Back