New Mutants [Vol. 3] (Discussion/Spoilers)

Re: The return of the [old] New Mutants!

I'm mad that they're dragging Warlock back into this, especially after the fantastic status quo they set up for him in Conquest

however this looks great

I'm mad that they're dragging Warlock back into this, especially after the fantastic status quo they set up for him in Conquest

however this looks great
What did they do with Warlock in Conquest?

This seems interesting. I'm not terribly familiar with the team, but I've read plenty of other X-Men stories where some of them appeared. It doesn't hurt that the interior art looks fantastic.

Who the hell is Diogenes Neves?

however this looks great

Actually, there's no mention of Doug/Warlock/Douglock/etc being on the team. They only appear on the covers as the covers are homages to the original Graphic Novel and Issue 1. Looks like the regulars are; Dani, Sam, Illyana, Xian and Amara.

I've read a couple articles that Xian and Illyana will be butting heads a lot. I'm liking that dynamic already, Xian was always pretty mature, I'm curious how they're going to use Illyana.

Last edited:

What did they do with Warlock in Conquest?
In Nova 11 & 12, he popped up while Nova was looking for the technarchy homeworld, he had taken a son Tycho and was raising him as basically a vegetarian Technarch, not consuming others life glow no matter what the cost. eventually he cures Nova of the Phalanx infection (because it's like a by-product of their digestive tract or something like that), and a fully matured technarch shows up, Tycho's father, Tycho and Nova try and fight him off, but it leads to Tycho appearing to be consumed by his father, but he really takes over his form, with his fathers vast reserve of Lifeglow he cures Drax and Gamora, then in the aftermath of Conquest him Warlock and Wraith go about curing all the kree citizens of their infections

I'm terrible at explaining this, but I highly recomend you read Nova #11 &12, it's beautifully rendered by Pelletier, and it's one of the high points in the series overarching saga.

Actually, there's no mention of Doug/Warlock/Douglock/etc being on the team.

Actually there is, in one of the article's about the series Brevoort is asked about Warlock and Cypher, and he says they are part of the team, but not right off the bat.

I would guess what we will see Doug and Warlock here since they were teased at in the end of Young X-Men's first arc and won't be shown now since it's being canceled.

Last edited:

NEW MUTANTS #1
Written by ZEB WELLS
Penciled by DIOGENES NEVES
Cover by ADAM KUBERT
50/50 Cover by ALEX ROSS
Variant Cover by BOB MCLEOD

They're back together again! Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Karma, Sunspot, Magma and Magik have been gathered once more, but can they stand against one of the most powerful X-Villains of all time? Legion is back, and the villain that thrust us into the Age of Apocalypse is scarier than ever. But what does he want with the New Mutants? Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Diogenes Neves (X-MEN: WORLDS APART) bring your favorite teen heroes into adulthood. Don't miss it!

Holy crap!!! LEGION?!?! :shock:

Last edited:

One of the most dangerous X-Villains of all time is back and he's targeted the New Mutants. Last time Legion reared his head, he created the Age of Apocalpyse. Do Cannonball, Karma, Magma, Moonstar and Magik have much hope of stopping him now?

83_NEW_MUTANTS_2.jpg

EEK! :D:D:D:D:D

Eh, it was okay. I didn't like how Sam and Roberto came off as pricks during the exchange with the young new mutants.

This was so damn sweet!! I loved the art!

Seeing the kids thinking they were something tough was hilarious. It would've been so sweet to see Sam and Robert kicking their ***.

But that ending! Holy damn! Legion in a box WTF?! Must know more!

This is definitely a monthly buy for me.

Latest posts

Back