Spider-Man New Spidey Suit Coming in December

I don't really like the idea of Spider-Man having a bunch of really high-tech costumes, though. The black suit (the one made of cloth, not sinister alien symbiote) and the Scarlet Spider ones were fine, but the rest of them kind of go against the idea that Spider-Man is an average guy without a ton of financial resources.

i really like the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume too.

this one:
9493508109_full2694057_full.jpg

I like variations on costumes (Ben Reilly's costume) but not huge changes like this (2099 SPider-Man as the exception - that was a great costume). It looks stupid and if it really glows that makes it even more stupid - why would he have a glowing costume when he has to sneak around in the dark?

Also,

I don't like it. I like the red and yellow.

You crazy.

i really like the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume too.

this one:
9493508109_full2694057_full.jpg

I really don't like that one, I'm afraid. It legitimately just looks like someone hopped up on caffeine tried to make the standard Spidey costume "edgier" and "more dynamic" by changing around the aspects of the standard costume and making them "deadlier". It almost looks like a prototype movie suit, like those Alex Ross designs for the Spider-Man movie (that was in the movie game).

I liked the Scarlet Spider suit because it was so much like an actual makeshift vigilante costume someone would put together in the mid 90s, right down to the ripped hoody. It looks ridiculous now, but back then it was boss.

Scarlet_Spider.jpg

I really don't like that one, I'm afraid. It legitimately just looks like someone hopped up on caffeine tried to make the standard Spidey costume "edgier" and "more dynamic" by changing around the aspects of the standard costume and making them "deadlier". It almost looks like a prototype movie suit, like those Alex Ross designs for the Spider-Man movie (that was in the movie game).

I liked the Scarlet Spider suit because it was so much like an actual makeshift vigilante costume someone would put together in the mid 90s, right down to the ripped hoody. It looks ridiculous now, but back then it was boss.

Scarlet_Spider.jpg

i like the Scarlet Spidey suit, but it certainly doesn't age well. It feels like the 90s.

So i agree it was "boss" back in the day, but they wouldn't be able to pull it off now.

I still sport that ripped hoody look, represent

Another one coming it March. Very ******. Marvel is ****ing out spidey suits.

It sounds like these new costumes are going to be more situation-specific, and not long-term, so I am A-Okay with them.

But actually my favorite spidey redesign has to be the Iron Spider outfit... As long as you ignore the idiotic 3 armed thing on his back.

83509-87780-michael-turner_super.jpg

Variations are ok, but really, Spider-Man's original costume is perfect, and so is the black one. DC hardly ever changes their costumes because the characters are so iconic. Superman wears underwear over his pants for crying out loud but his costume is perfect. The blue and red costumes from the '90s were terrible. Batman is supposed to blend in with the shadosz, so his blackish blue costume is perfect. There should theoretically be something wrong with Wonder Woman's swimsuit costume and her skirt costume doesn't have many tactical advantages, but they're still iconic costumes. I guess it just comes down to style over function.

Like I said, it's alright if Spider-Man has variations of his costume to help him under special conditions. But after a while it gets to be like those crappy toys where there are sets of themed costumes like aquatic costumes and things like that (see the toylines for Spectacular Spider-Man and The Batman).

Variations are ok, but really, Spider-Man's original costume is perfect, and so is the black one. DC hardly ever changes their costumes because the characters are so iconic. Superman wears underwear over his pants for crying out loud but his costume is perfect. The blue and red costumes from the '90s were terrible. Batman is supposed to blend in with the shadosz, so his blackish blue costume is perfect. There should theoretically be something wrong with Wonder Woman's swimsuit costume and her skirt costume doesn't have many tactical advantages, but they're still iconic costumes. I guess it just comes down to style over function.

Like I said, it's alright if Spider-Man has variations of his costume to help him under special conditions. But after a while it gets to be like those crappy toys where there are sets of themed costumes like aquatic costumes and things like that (see the toylines for Spectacular Spider-Man and The Batman).

Agreed, but I'm less tolerant of the special costume. Most of the time they just look stupid.

Latest posts

Back